Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 13:44   #76
BHPian

OMG!! These figures are just amazing! i10 selling 15 k+. That's something great. I think the sales of punto has fallen so badly. I think its due to the launch of the ford figo and VW polo. Why can't fiat plonk in the 90 bhp version of the MJD? Definitely the sales would improve. And linea beats punto in sales!! :-D

I think its time for maruti to pull up their socks and update their cars in a proper manner. If a good modification is given to the alto along with the engine change, it will surely lead the sales chart by a great margin again.

Congrats to FORD for their great start!
Old 9th April 2010, 14:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
But Dzire is increasing the gap. Really good thing to happen for the buyer. Same goes with Vista/Swift. Good competition.
The Dzire has a 4-6 months waiting list. Why will there be any impact on how much Maruti ships to its dealers when they have a wait list like that. If at all the Manza is eating is eating into the Dzire, it will reflect in the Dzire's waiting list first and then only the actual sales. Do we know if the waiting period is coming down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Why can't fiat plonk in the 90 bhp version of the MJD?
Um so you expect the Punto sales to go up by making the car more expensive and probably less fuel efficient?

Last edited by Gilead : 9th April 2010 at 14:47.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:20   #78
Senior - BHPian

i10 sales are increasing every month. It's now only 1000 units less than the Alto! Probably by June, i10 should break Alto's reign over small cars.

Fiat is doing horrible sales even when they have such good cars in the stable. Is it just the A.S.S that is the problem or could it be something else? i20 sales have been consistent over the months at 4000+ units, while the Punto can't even manage 1000!
Old 9th April 2010, 15:25   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukeshs View Post
Despite the jump in sales figure for Indigo, Dezire is rock steady. Does this mean that there is more room in the value for money sedan segment. Surely Ford and Hyundai must be thinking about upgrading their old warhorses Ikon and Accent. There is an opportunity begging here. With the way Polo is priced, I am sure Polo sedan is already out of this segment. Maybe Toyota Etios can fill the gap, but then again maybe not and Logan can forget about it as well.
Yes I strongly agree.. There is a huge gap in the 5 to 8 lac range..for a decent sedan.
We need a cheaper city / hyundai verna / fiat linea.
I settled for the dzire because ANHC, Verna and the Diesel Linea were out of my budget.SX4 was not fuel efficient, Ford ikon tdci seemed too old and I usually stay away from tatas. A good reliable sedan in the 6 to 8 lac price range will be a great hit.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:26   #80
gou
BHPian

Though Figo has sold in good numbers, it might also be because of initial rush for something new. Lets see how the demand is for next couple of months. One thing definitely helping it is people knowing that it is using same engine as Fiesta diesel.

But I am definitely happy with the competition Swift is facing. With Toyota and Honda small car coming soon competition will be something to watch. Lets see what Suzuki does now. Yeah one more thing, would wish Polo and Punto to do better than this.
Old 9th April 2010, 16:29   #81
BHPian

Sorry to all the Safari fans it seems Fortuner which is nearly double its price is selling the same numbers as the Safari. I feel this space will see a lot of competion once the Pajero Sports and the Santa Fe are launched.

Safari : 12xx
Fortuner : 1095
Old 9th April 2010, 17:07   #82
BHPian

Indeed Fortuner has brought out the huge potential of this segment. A good entry level SUV with a decent FE diesel engine is sure to succeed. Especially something that can be priced in the 15-18L price band. New Pajero and Santa Fe may probably be well over this price band, which is why the respective manufacturers are not rushing them.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:00   #83
Senior - BHPian

Another observation is that Estilo is catching up slowly. 2 months back it was 4K and now almost touched the 6K mark. Thats a good 50% increase. Still no where near i10!

Which are new car launches happening this Month?
Old 9th April 2010, 19:05   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The Dzire has a 4-6 months waiting list. Why will there be any impact on how much Maruti ships to its dealers when they have a wait list like that. If at all the Manza is eating is eating into the Dzire, it will reflect in the Dzire's waiting list first and then only the actual sales. Do we know if the waiting period is coming down?

Can anyone confirm this? Is the waiting period for Dzire coming down?
Old 9th April 2010, 19:19   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone confirm this? Is the waiting period for Dzire coming down?
A friend of mine booked Dzire diesel in March at Bangalore, the waiting period is 2.5 months, and delaer told may arrive early too.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:40   #86
Senior - BHPian

298 Beemer 3's sold Now that's one figure that pleases me to no end.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:49   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
A friend of mine booked Dzire diesel in March at Bangalore, the waiting period is 2.5 months, and delaer told may arrive early too.
Thank you skumar. It used to be 6 months. now it's come down to 2.5 Average Joe is gaining. But Manza has a waiting period of 1.5 months too. We need more competition in the segment.

One more observation here. Manza and Dzire have expanded the segment. The next time these customers look for a new car, most of them would upgrade to a higher segment. If Tata and Maruti cannot improve their products to compete with other MNC's, they will lose the customer. Let see what happens three-four years from now.
Old 9th April 2010, 20:54   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

One more observation here. Manza and Dzire have expanded the segment. The next time these customers look for a new car, most of them would upgrade to a higher segment. If Tata and Maruti cannot improve their products to compete with other MNC's, they will lose the customer. Let see what happens three-four years from now.
That's a very nice observation. What do we have in the 7-10L segment?

ANHC - KING. But has it moved to the Altis, Civic segment?
Maruti SX4 - Just hasn't hit the sweet spot wrt sales. Will the diesel be a game changer?
Fiat Linea - At above 1K/month it's good. But not good enough to dent the ANHC.
Ford Fiesta - Offers and FE diesels are moving it. Need to see if the All New 2011 Fiesta will be a gamechanger.
Hyundai Verna - Is it selling? New Verna coming in 2011?

There is potential in this segment and 2011 should be a year to watch!
I don't think Tata has anything even in the pipeline to offer in this segment.
Old 9th April 2010, 21:49   #89
BANNED

Good to see Figo's sales, as its VFM money car.
i10 is taking over all the hatches, Maruti wakeup !
Good to see Linea ahead of Punto.
Good to see also Fortuner is doing decent number.
Old 9th April 2010, 21:52   #90
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
298 Beemer 3's sold Now that's one figure that pleases me to no end.
The corporate edition seem to have done the trick for them

Most Viewed