Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 22:03   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyR1der View Post
You got to be in Delhi to see all the new ambi's being used by all the govt. departments
That was the first thought that came to my mind. But i did not consider the other Govt. Depts. here. I only thought about politicos who have already shifted to the more modern SUV/Sedans.

So the govt. dept. is still keeping the Amby going strong at 1000 a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Hindustan Ambassador beats the Grande Punto in sales.
Very good observation!! FIAT need to pull up their game and ensure more sales for the next month.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:18   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Maruthi has tweaked the existing motor for the emission norms.!
It's MARUTI and not MARUTHI, pal. Don't believe me? check out the company's website

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
@karpusv - good job!
Great job I'm hooked too!

It is irritating as hell not the get the individual numbers for Indica Vista and Indigo Manza.
I wonder what could be the reason? Thew only thing I can gather is that the company is trying to hide the (maybe) luke warm sales of vista/manza vis a vis regular indica/Indigo CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Thanks a ton Karpusv. You are getting me addicted to these model-wise numbers. Feels something missing if not seen every month. Keep em coming, by any means.
Yes and try to get Manza /Vista sales in particular if you can, dear sir!
Old 9th April 2010, 23:26   #93
Senior - BHPian

Talking of the 6-8 sedan segment vacum, I heard this story very very early when discussing about future Ford launchs.
Can someone confirm if the Figo will have a sedan version launch, I remember in some thread there was a talk of Figo sedan coming.
I am sure if it comes, it will fit in this range and will surely be ready to take up this challenge. Thought I am not telling it will be a winner.

Anyway the global fiesta sedan launch will not be in this bracket.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:35   #94
BHPian

Maruti Alto and WagonR sales is down due to their new model release, But I cant believe still Alto rules consecutively for the last some years... swift and WagonR steady and I am impressed with the new nos of i10.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:39   #95
BHPian

About the Hyundai i10 sales rise. Its good and indicates more customers going in for i10. The numbers are close to alto. But i10 and santro are the only sub 5 lac cars from hyundai getting a total number of 23 k.

But Maruti has 5 cars in the same price bracket of the little hyundais. the cumulative sales of around 50k, though only alto has more numbers than i10.The Maruti models are competing with each other while the i10 market is growing.
I think the main reason is consumer satisfaction that the i10 gives which the new marutis are finding difficult to provide.
Old 10th April 2010, 00:42   #96
Senior - BHPian

There is no need to worry about Alto. Few months from now on alto will be available in BS4 800 cc as well as 1L K series engine. Will definitely hit the market.

Wagonr sales will also improve as the new wagonR launches with the K series is launched.

Ford has a huge prospect once the launch the new fiesta. I think it bridge the (6-8)lacks sedan gap that we are about here.

Beat with (4500) is doing good better considering it is only Petrol. than figo (7200).
Only time will tell. Intering to see what happens when Beat diesel is launched. It will be looks/ride vs space/engine/handling.

I10, Swift, Dzire still doing so good.---- Dont expect any changes in these cars in near future.

Estillo is doing excellent. I dont know why people buy this car.

Bad luck Fiat. Your wonderful cars are not selling. May be you need more powerful engine. Or better Service.

Good to see SX4 still sucking after minor changes. This is to remind Maruti that cant fool customers with fascinating word like VVT which basically improve your power from (101-103).

WINNER OF MARCH SALES IS FIGO. BEST OF LUCK ---- KEEP IT GOING.
Old 10th April 2010, 01:53   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Yes and try to get Manza /Vista sales in particular if you can, dear sir!
Source: Friend in Tata motors

Out of the 7000 odd Indigos that are sold around 2000 are CS, Marina is negligible & Manza contributes to around 5000

Out of the 10000 odd Indicas being sold, the Vista contributes to less than 5000
Out of these 5000 the Petrol versions have sales of less than 300.
Its only the quadrajet diesel that is raking in some volumes.

Last edited by Silverfire : 10th April 2010 at 01:53. Reason: Spelling error
Old 10th April 2010, 02:27   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Me too was wondering that its still selling 1000+ cars. Politicos have long since shifted to the new gen cars like Fiesta, Endeavor etc. So who is still buying close to 1000 Amby's.

Great debut by Figo. 7000+ units in March. VFM has been taken to the next level with the figo!

I guess the kolkata cabbies replacing their old ambies for new ones have a role to play behind this.

Figo debut is truly great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Much of Ford's marketing and plant resources must have been focused on the Figo, thus leading to a decline in Fiesta and Ikon sales. I would expect both of these cars, especially the Ikon, to bounce back to their previous levels once the Figo settles down and the second shift starts.

Only the Ikon petrol is not BS4 compliant. The Ikon TDCi which consists of the vast majority of sales is BS4 compliant.

About Maruti numbers. It's fairly obvious it's a supply side issue due to BS4 norms. I would expect the Alto numbers to go beyond 20K again once they have sorted it out. But it's only a matter of time (maybe less than a year) before we start seeing Alto start it's slow decline like the 800. Or maybe they can cut it's price by 75K and make it a Nano competitor.

Hyundai continues to do a fabulous job on the i10 and i20. It can only get better after the i10 diesel launch.
When - oh when? its been long since sidindica came up with his scoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Amazing sales of the 3-seres! At 298 units it even beats the Accord!

I'm surprised that the Corolla Altis sells more than the Civic and Cruze even when the latter two are much better than the Toyota.
Got to be the corporate edition effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Hindustan Ambassador beats the Grande Punto in sales.

Fortuner beats every other sedan and SUV starting from 10 lakhs and up.
Lolz - looks like its only teambhpians who realize the potential of the Punto. Others are put off by falling parts and not to great A.S.S

Fortuner is really a shocker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
Looks like ALTO is the most affected due to FIGO launch.
The numbers do match, but Alto is a smaller car than Figo , and also have different target customers IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
About the Hyundai i10 sales rise. Its good and indicates more customers going in for i10. The numbers are close to alto. But i10 and santro are the only sub 5 lac cars from hyundai getting a total number of 23 k.

But Maruti has 5 cars in the same price bracket of the little hyundais. the cumulative sales of around 50k, though only alto has more numbers than i10.The Maruti models are competing with each other while the i10 market is growing.
I think the main reason is consumer satisfaction that the i10 gives which the new marutis are finding difficult to provide.
I have had no reason to complain with my i10 after using it for 6 months, and I think a majority find it so. Find it great that I made a choice so popular with the masses

P.S: Beetle selling 60+ is really what made me sit up. Great ad for VW. Feel real bad for Fiat 500.

Last edited by blackasta : 10th April 2010 at 02:30.
Old 10th April 2010, 03:47   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Thank you skumar. It used to be 6 months. now it's come down to 2.5 Average Joe is gaining. But Manza has a waiting period of 1.5 months too. We need more competition in the segment.

One more observation here. Manza and Dzire have expanded the segment. The next time these customers look for a new car, most of them would upgrade to a higher segment. If Tata and Maruti cannot improve their products to compete with other MNC's, they will lose the customer. Let see what happens three-four years from now.
Could it be that Maruti is supplying the Dzire ahead of schedule for some customers and thats why Dzire sales is still high?

I mean if the waiting period has come down from 6 months to 2.5 that means they have catered to the back-orders at a much faster rate. So in 2 months time, the Dzire numbers could come down..

Should be the Manza effect.
Old 10th April 2010, 05:33   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Could it be that Maruti is supplying the Dzire ahead of schedule for some customers and thats why Dzire sales is still high?

I mean if the waiting period has come down from 6 months to 2.5 that means they have catered to the back-orders at a much faster rate. So in 2 months time, the Dzire numbers could come down..

Should be the Manza effect.
Must be people are canceling the orders too

Beetle is more known(commercially) than the 500 and the major impact ad by VW made it easier.

Punto numbers going down, FIAT are you listening, do what you should we are getting more and more options now. With the launch of Figo and later the Micra, Punto number may reduce more.

BMW 3 series has outnumbered Merc by a huge margin, Thanks to the Corp-Ed. But I'm happy that the S & E class made up in the next segment though its a low margin.
Old 10th April 2010, 07:22   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
It's MARUTI and not MARUTHI, pal. Don't believe me? check out the company's website
LOL! But that is how we pronounce Hanuman's name in South. The company spelling it wrongly does not matter to us!

Visited ABT Maruti again yesterday. They are accepting booking for BS IV Alto for a down payment of Rs 10k and the waiting period is one month. Price OTR is ~ Rs 3.20 lacs for the LXi version.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:35   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post

Estillo is doing excellent. I dont know why people buy this car.
Exactly my thoughts . I dont understand how a car like estilo can sell when cars like beat are available in same price range.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:46   #103
Senior - BHPian

Everyone seems to ignoring Maruti's elephant in the living room. Their great hope and future Alto replacement A Star is languishing at 3K levels. They can't do anything about the space inside, but they can definitely cut prices. The Alto needed a massive price cut as well in 2001/02 to kick start sales.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:51   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Everyone seems to ignoring Maruti's elephant in the living room. Their great hope and future Alto replacement A Star is languishing at 3K levels. They can't do anything about the space inside, but they can definitely cut prices. The Alto needed a massive price cut as well in 2001/02 to kick start sales.
That's what it deserves to be. So pls leave it that way

I don't want to see that weird looking car on roads esp the rear.
Old 10th April 2010, 19:44   #105
oss
BHPian

Well now, coming back to the monthly sales, where were we.....yeah, don't you think the Polo numbers are way too lesser than expected? Is it due to meagre dealership network? How many dealers do they have currently in India anyway?

Most Viewed