Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 13:04   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Thanks heavens ford wasn't a german or we would be labelling "Vord Vigo" as the monthly champion of march 2010 sales.
And go Vida with Vord Viesta.?

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 12th April 2010 at 13:05.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:46   #137
gou
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Could it be that Maruti is supplying the Dzire ahead of schedule for some customers and thats why Dzire sales is still high?

I mean if the waiting period has come down from 6 months to 2.5 that means they have catered to the back-orders at a much faster rate. So in 2 months time, the Dzire numbers could come down..

Should be the Manza effect.
This could also mean that Marurti is not getting as many orders for Dzire as they were getting earlier. Hence the waiting period is decreasing. It might happen that this is because of Manza.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:06   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
Ford - 7k Figo in not a full month sell (it was officially launched in 2nd week)! awesome, and worrisome. Do Ford *** has the capacity to handle 10k cars/month?
Both Polo and Figo were launched about the same time. We have been hearing a lot about polo starting its production etc. since December - January. I wonder they have been talking too much for publicity (i must admit that actually worked) without doing much on the ground. If you are production has already started in January how come you dont have sufficient numbers to sell in March!

I must compliment Ford for their well thought out product and its launch.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:38   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
That's one of the best sarcastic comments

Was it on April fools day?

P.S: No offence to Logan owners. I'm aware of it's +ves and -ves.
Nope. It was yesterday. I would personally prefer a play model (without the stickers) than a tourer.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:06   #140
BHPian

hi, I am waiting eagerly for GTOs analysis please... :-)

thanks in advance
--PT
Old 12th April 2010, 17:09   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Both Polo and Figo were launched about the same time. We have been hearing a lot about polo starting its production etc. since December - January. I wonder they have been talking too much for publicity (i must admit that actually worked) without doing much on the ground. If you are production has already started in January how come you dont have sufficient numbers to sell in March!

I must compliment Ford for their well thought out product and its launch.
I agree in total

In fact Ford has set a classic example about how to launch a new model in Indian market. They studied well. They made sincere efforts like :
1 Started many new dealers across the country before launch.
2 Launched car in both petrol & diesel from day one.
3 Made spacious car for India's liking.
4 Made themselves capable of handling big response from first month. (7200 sales reflects that)
5 Done good ads.
6 Last but not at all least : Pricing. They are giving very good VFM car to Indian people.

Three Cheers to Ford
Old 12th April 2010, 18:38   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi
Figo ... Overall really a good package. No doubt it sold 7200 in first month itself.
Yeah, looks like Ford have a hit on their hands. I see many on the roads here - today morning, I saw 3 Figo's in just about 2-3 minutes. And there are atleast 2-3 already in our office complex.
Old 12th April 2010, 18:41   #143

Ford Figo's numbers are stunning. Are these figures consumer sales numbers or roll outs from the factory? Even if there is significant initial inventory build up at the dealership and TD cars - the Figo numbers are still fantastic. VW Polo's numbers stand out in stark contrast. Hmm.
Old 14th April 2010, 02:45   #144
BHPian

Why don't I see Tata Magic and Tata winger in the excel spreadsheet.
Old 14th April 2010, 08:23   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Why don't I see Tata Magic and Tata winger in the excel spreadsheet.
Do they qualify as cars?
Old 14th April 2010, 08:48   #146
Senior - BHPian

The real star here obviously is the Figo. 7k Numbers compared to sub 1k for the punto!
Camry seems to have done decent numbers thanks to the facelift(??).
Fortuner as usual class topper.

We all complain how unsafe the omni is but it still manages 8k cars a month! amazing.

As mentioned the Main Problem with the Punto's sales is Fiat A-S-S even the joint venture with TATA has not bore fruit as people don't have faith in TATA A-S-S as well.

Fiat if you are listening get your act together , split with Tata and do something what Chevrolet did after the global meltdown. Do massive campaigns to get people to have faith in Fiat again. Set up more service centers.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:15   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
wow ... figo has outselled i20 and ritz and getting close to swift. With the numbers i m sure it will overcome swift numbers by next quarter. Also i m quite surprized to see indigo quite close to dezire numbers. Well done TATA.

Figo has sure eaten up a very minuscule share from i20, Polo, Fiesta and Ikon (and I don't see Ford complaining at all.) But thinking that it'll topple Swift from the top in a jiffy (even though myself and a lot of my friends are awaiting the deliveries of their Figos and that'll add up to April figures) would be psephology to say the least.

I think Figo would definitely remain the best seller of the rest... As the Swift following is huge in India and majority of buyers don't want to experiment at all.

Polo would start picking up once the Figo frenzy dies down (I hope it doesn't, Ford for the first time have got most of the things right and they deserve to be rewarded,) Beat, I do not think has a chance here mainly due to its design, IMO it's attractive like an outrageously flashy toy which fails to keep the excitement going in the longer run.

A lot is to be seen in the future though.

~
Old 14th April 2010, 10:22   #148
Senior - BHPian

Manza is doing good agreed No issues over that but sales number of 7500 is not only of Manza. It also includes Indigo CS which is doing good for past few months. Sale of Indigo CS must be around 3-4 k Out of 7.5 K. Still we can say Manza is doing good but Dzire is way ahead.
Old 14th April 2010, 10:47   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Do they qualify as cars?
if the omini is qualified they too fit the bill.
Old 14th April 2010, 11:02   #150
Senior - BHPian

7000+ cars in a single month from a single model for Ford is probably its best ever in its history of operations in India.

Fiat's innings already seem to be heading down hill for the Punto and I won't be surprised if the Linea takes the same route very soon even if there is no competition. This is not only because of their poor Sales & Service but poor engines on offer.

A colleague & good friend has a 1.2 Active and though I love the car to bits the overall quality of the car is horrible. The car had a coolant leak before it even reached a 1000km and though it never drained out the entire system such things are unacceptable. The leak was noticed below the thermostat. The coolant appeared to have already dried up over whatever it fell on. The other shocking thing was half a dozen rusted bolts. Couple of rusted screws on the battery terminals, main screw that fastens the drive pulley of the alternator is rusted and screws on both front suspension struts are rusted from the inside. These problems are yet to be addressed with Fiat.

I sometimes wonder if TATA have upped the game on their quality, fit & finish over Fiat. I really don't find any difference over the quality of materials offered on a Vista and Punto.

Most Viewed