Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 10:00   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Common man does not wants to marry an extraordinary model. Rather he would prefer to marry an ordinary women who make his life extraordinary.
That's very valid statement. Loved it. Everybody wants a life which is extraordinary than a few things in life which are extraordinary
Old 16th April 2010, 15:06   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

OT: Figo does it for Ford-India;Fiesta does it for Ford Of Europe

Ford of Europe announced that it was the No.1 automaker in Europe for the month of March with a sales volume of 192,500. Total sales volume saw a 16.1 per cent increase versus March 2009, and was Ford’s tenth consecutive month-on-month increase in sales. In terms of first-quarter sales, Ford remains Europe’s No.2 best-seller year-to-date.

Read here-->
Let’s have a Fiesta: Ford becomes Europe’s top-selling brand in March - egmCarTech
Old 16th April 2010, 17:28   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

Ford of Europe announced that it was the No.1 automaker in Europe for the month of March with a sales volume of 192,500. Total sales volume saw a 16.1 per cent increase versus March 2009, and was Ford’s tenth consecutive month-on-month increase in sales. In terms of first-quarter sales, Ford remains Europe’s No.2 best-seller year-to-date.

Read here-->
Let’s have a Fiesta: Ford becomes Europe’s top-selling brand in March - egmCarTech
True,looks like Ford is cracking every market these days. They seems to have the right product now in the form of Fiesta, I saw Jermy Carkson's review on Top gear, it was just smashing. He was abusing the Fiesta like hell, he even ditched the car in nearly 4 feet of sea water, but Fiesta managed without stalling.
Must see the video it on Youtube, no wonder this car is a super hit in its category.
Old 16th April 2010, 22:41   #184
Senior - BHPian

Ford might be selling FIGO in huge numbers. But I highly doubt how much profit are they making per car. Same lies with GM BEAT.

Maruti sells cars like Astar, Estillo at the same price of Beat/Figo. Kerb weight is lesser and so definately the cost of production is less. Even the engine is freaking 200cc less.
So you can see how much profits they are making.
Old 17th April 2010, 00:42   #185
Senior - BHPian

Pardon me for my ignorance but are sales figures the number of cars that have been booked in the particular month or the number of cars that have been delivered in that month?
Old 17th April 2010, 08:13   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Pardon me for my ignorance but are sales figures the number of cars that have been booked in the particular month or the number of cars that have been delivered in that month?
Good question - I suspect its not consistently reported across brands. I doubt that so many Figos were actually delivered in March, it looks like bookings to me.
Old 17th April 2010, 10:12   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Good question - I suspect its not consistently reported across brands. I doubt that so many Figos were actually delivered in March, it looks like bookings to me.
Bookings were above 10K in March and more than 15K as of today. Its sales from manufacturer to dealer and I believe it's consistent across all companies. From what I know, there is no unusual inventory build up at Ford's Chennai dealerships. There is a one month waiting list as of now and cars are being lapped up as soon as they arrive at the dealer.

Last edited by Gilead : 17th April 2010 at 10:14.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:36   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Bookings were above 10K in March and more than 15K as of today. Its sales from manufacturer to dealer and I believe it's consistent across all companies.
My doubt was based on the delivery woes that forum members had referred to. And about the ability of a car company to deliver that many cars in the month of launch. If they have done that, kudos to them for the confidence in having production ramped up and ready to go before getting market feedback on actual demand. If they are going to deliver those kind of numbers for a few months, other companies are going to feel severe pain. It will be interesting to see which ones those are, and how they respond.
Old 17th April 2010, 15:45   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bookings were above 10K in March and more than 15K as of today. Its sales from manufacturer to dealer and I believe it's consistent across all companies. From what I know, there is no unusual inventory build up at Ford's Chennai dealerships. There is a one month waiting list as of now and cars are being lapped up as soon as they arrive at the dealer.
+1 on that point, to add to that. There are two figures of sales when we are talking about a model.
One is wholesales and other is retail, the one that manufacturers generally quote is that of the wholesale cos that is sale to him as far is he is concerned. Thats why you see the press release by Ford saying they sold 10k odd cars.

My guess is the figures that has been mentioned as karpusv is that of the retail, the only way one can get these figures are by consolidating all figures of dealers or get figures from the RTOs of all states.
Old 17th April 2010, 21:33   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
There are two figures of sales when we are talking about a model.
One is wholesales and other is retail, the one that manufacturers generally quote is that of the wholesale cos that is sale to him as far is he is concerned. Thats why you see the press release by Ford saying they sold 10k odd cars.

My guess is the figures that has been mentioned as karpusv is that of the retail, the only way one can get these figures are by consolidating all figures of dealers or get figures from the RTOs of all states.
Nothing like that buddy. 7210 is the figure released by the company only. They released consolidated figure of 9xxx for all their cars which you can get from Karpusv sheet also.

Company had said 10000 figos have been booked, not sold.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:46   #191
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Slightly offtopic. Seems like Tata is doing great job and has been listed in world's top 50 most innovative companies (17th place). Great going Tata.

Apple world's most innovative company; Tata, RIL also among Top-50-Corporate Trends-News By Company-News-The Economic Times

Quote:
NEW YORK: Two Indian corporate giants, Tata Group and Reliance Industries, have made to a new list of world's 50 most innovative companies, but it is US-based Apple Computer sitting on the top.

Between them, Tata Group is better placed as the world's 17th most innovative compared to Mukesh Ambani-led RIL's 33rd position globally in this league.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:58   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Slightly offtopic. Seems like Tata is doing great job and has been listed in world's top 50 most innovative companies (17th place). Great going Tata.
It speaks of Tata in general, and not specifically of Tata Motors. Of course, Tata Motors has made significant progress. But innovative?
Old 20th April 2010, 10:18   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
+1 on that point, to add to that. There are two figures of sales when we are talking about a model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Nothing like that buddy. 7210 is the figure released by the company only. They released consolidated figure of 9xxx for all their cars which you can get from Karpusv sheet also.

Company had said 10000 figos have been booked, not sold.

All the figures mentioned are Wholesales (vehicles billed and despatched to dealers across India)

These figures are submitted to SIAM by all car manufacturers who are members of SIAM
Old 20th April 2010, 12:04   #194
Senior - BHPian

Car Sales

at the begining of this month, rediff had posted the sales figures of all hatchbacks, top 6 positions were as shown below:
  1. Alto
  2. Wagon R
  3. Indica Vista
  4. Swift
  5. i10
  6. Santro
Check on the link
http://www.******************.com/fo...-sales-16.html
Old 20th April 2010, 14:38   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
at the begining of this month, rediff had posted the sales figures of all hatchbacks, top 6 positions were as shown below:
  1. Alto
  2. Wagon R
  3. Indica Vista
  4. Swift
  5. i10
  6. Santro
Check on the link
http://www.******************.com/fo...-sales-16.html
This contradicts the figures posted here.

Can you please repost the link? Its not working for me because of * in the link.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks