Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:43   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
I have booked my Figo ZXi Diesel from Chennai Ford. They have promised delivery by this weekend. Hoping they deliver on time.
What is the OTR price for your variant in Chennai?
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:00   #167
BHPian

I am still not getting a positive confirmation from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore on delivery. I booked it on 6 March, initial promise was 20 Mar, now they talk of 27 Mar...As per Mustang's advice, I contacted Ford customer service this morning and they have taken my details and promised to follow up. Don't know whether I will get any reply from them. 32 cars delivered on a single day in Cochin, I wonder what the Bangalore dealers are doing. They have a strong case to get priority as the 1 Apr hike of VAT and road tax is not a problem for other states.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:20   #168
BANNED

How many of you have got your figo delivered?
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:55   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantwaghe View Post
Also How do I avoid taking insurance from dealer ? It is costing Rs. 20245, which seems on higher side.
Sorry. I resolved Insurance problem . I mailed Bajaj Allianz HO and got direct quote . ( direct.telesales at bajajallianz.co.in) . They responded within 3 hours and they gave me 40% discount on Basic own damage premium ( No, it is not no claim bonus) . Rest are tariff based, so Public Liability premium is standard. Quote was as follows:

Vehicle IDV Rs. 546,377 ( Ex-showroom Price : 555,624 - Diesel Titanium -Mumbai)

Basic own damage : Rs. 17937 less 40 % = Rs. 10763
Public Liability = 900 + 250 (PA unnamed) + 25 (LL to employee)

Final premium (incl. S. tax) = 13168 as aginst dealer quote of Rs. 20245 saving of Rs. 7000 ( I can pay premium by card and get some points too)

They told me to inform them Engine no. and Vehicle no. to before issuing the policy.

Other guys like Chola too may give competitive offers. But I have good experience with Bajaj so am happy.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:17   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry. I resolved Insurance problem . I mailed Bajaj Allianz HO and got direct quote . ( direct.telesales at bajajallianz.co.in) . They responded within 3 hours and they gave me 40% discount on Basic own damage premium ( No, it is not no claim bonus) . Rest are tariff based, so Public Liability premium is standard. Quote was as follows:

Vehicle IDV Rs. 546,377 ( Ex-showroom Price : 555,624 - Diesel Titanium -Mumbai)

Basic own damage : Rs. 17937 less 40 % = Rs. 10763
Public Liability = 900 + 250 (PA unnamed) + 25 (LL to employee)

Final premium (incl. S. tax) = 13168 as aginst dealer quote of Rs. 20245 saving of Rs. 7000 ( I can pay premium by card and get some points too)

They told me to inform them Engine no. and Vehicle no. to before issuing the policy.

Other guys like Chola too may give competitive offers. But I have good experience with Bajaj so am happy.
I think this is a fair deal. I got a quote of 12781 from Chola for Diesel Titanium. Ex Showroom price of 529900 in Bangalore. Nearly 8K less than what dealer offered. If not for Team-BHP, I would have never known such things...Information is power indeed !

Unfortunately, most of the customers are gullible and dealers and agents make a killing with inflated insurance charges for new cars.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:24   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
How many of you have got your figo delivered?
Here my conspiracy theory

The dealers are stocking on the figo and waiting until 1st April so that they can bill us on the new price while they picked up the cars on the old?

hemantwaghe
any thing else we need to know about the insurance? This is for a comprehensive insurance right?
thank you.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:31   #172
BHPian

Any car booked after the 17th of March is subject to the new prices.
Thats what the Hyundai Advert mentioned.

I dont think Ford wants a conspiracy.

My theory is that, Bosch and some other suppliers are on a strike causing components delays. This reflects in the delivery dates.

Besides, the 2% excise hike goes to the Government.

@hemant - did you read the thread on Automotive Insurance. Did you get an excess? I'm not familiar with the terminology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Here my conspiracy theory

The dealers are stocking on the figo and waiting until 1st April so that they can bill us on the new price while they picked up the cars on the old?

hemantwaghe
any thing else we need to know about the insurance? This is for a comprehensive insurance right?
thank you.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:35   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

hemantwaghe
thank you.
Yes buddy . Comprehensive insurance (Own damage + Third party)

Part of mail enclosed:

Cashless Facility :
Towing Facility : At the time of claim, If the vehicle is in immovable condition/position then towing charges are reimbursed by us uo to Rs 1500/-
Third party Property Damage: It covers the legal liability of insured towards third party property damage up to 7.5 lacks.
PA for Owner/Driver & Passengers Cover : Comprehensive cover comes with compulsory personal accident cover of Rs 2 lacs for the Owner Driver AND also you can take the personal accident cover for all occupants passengers for each sum insured is up to 2 lac & Driver is covered for sum insured Rs 50000.

Details Required:
1. Copy of invoice
2. Copy of filled in proposal form

Note: I am not advertising Bajaj -Allianz. I got call from Chola too saying Premium was 12 or 13 K . They told me to get quote on website, where Titanium Figo is not present (Ex and ZX only) . In few days you may try that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
@hemant - did you read the thread on Automotive Insurance. Did you get an excess? I'm not familiar with the terminology.
I had same policy for previous car, where compulsory excess was Rs. 500. Since no excess is mentioned, default excess is probably same i.e. Rs. 500.

Quote:
Any car booked after the 17th of March is subject to the new prices.
Thats what the Hyundai Advert mentioned.

I dont think Ford wants a conspiracy.

What advert? What price rise? Relevant to Ford? Relevant to Mumbai?

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd March 2010 at 15:54. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi (Quote +) instead, Thanks
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:06   #174
BHPian

I booked my Figo today!

Zxi Diesel with Ebony dash. Est delivery date is third week of April.

3yr warranty is provided free for certain corporates.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:55   #175
BANNED

Quote:
I booked my Figo today!

Is figo going delayed like swift? Its almost one month delayed for you.

Is it because of too many bookings or lack of production/delivery by ford?
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:56   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I booked my Figo today!

There is an ebony dash?

I thought only black and coral red were on offer! Do you have pics of how it looks?

Also does anyone have pics of a panther black figo? I'd like to see how it looks
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:49   #177

As per the first set of on road prices from MPL ford Chennai (pl refer to pg 45 of this thread), insurance works to Rs 19.5k on a Titanium Diesal. However, the latest quotation obtained from them pegs insurance at 15.8 k. Point to note here is the On road price has increased by Rs 700.

The dealer is adding something called "Essential pack" worth 4.5k. This would include mud flaps etc. This was promised even when the first set of prices came out (for free).

What should be done to negotiate with the dealer??
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:52   #178
BHPian

Is the 15.8K on diesel? Damn I missed that point. Very valid point. I need to check that with the dealer. Because the MPL Quote from the Ford Internal email pegs the Titanium Insurance at 15879.

Essential Pack consists of 3M Exterior Paint protection which you can decline.

Let me reproduce the internal email sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaharshad View Post
As per the first set of on road prices from MPL ford Chennai (pl refer to pg 45 of this thread), insurance works to Rs 19.5k on a Titanium Diesal. However, the latest quotation obtained from them pegs insurance at 15.8 k. Point to note here is the On road price has increased by Rs 700.

The dealer is adding something called "Essential pack" worth 4.5k. This would include mud flaps etc. This was promised even when the first set of prices came out (for free).

What should be done to negotiate with the dealer??
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-ford_figo_off_prices.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2010, 22:00   #179
BHPian

Thanks Hemant - I'm going to call Bajaj tomorrow. And ask my dealer to chuck the In-house Insurance out of the option.

The advert was an old one in the Deccan Chronicle. Chennai Ad.

Quote:
Note: I am not advertising Bajaj -Allianz. I got call from Chola too saying Premium was 12 or 13 K . They told me to get quote on website, where Titanium Figo is not present (Ex and ZX only) . In few days you may try that too.

I had same policy for previous car, where compulsory excess was Rs. 500. Since no excess is mentioned, default excess is probably same i.e. Rs. 500.

What advert? What price rise? Relevant to Ford? Relevant to Mumbai?
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:45   #180
NGM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
How many of you here have booked figo at kairali ford, kerala? There are too many complaints floating around about them.
Kairali Ford Kerala is not doing a good job to keep the customers happy.My parents booked Figo Titanium Tdci(chill) and kairali ford kottayam promised to deliver it on March 20th.Yesterday when we requested for the status,they informed that it will be delayed and they are not able to commit a date for delivery.They even went on to the extend saying that we can cancel the booking.I think it is too early for the ford dealers to be arrogant.I am sure very soon these dealers will spoil the good work done by ford with figo pricing and a VFM car.
If this is the way they are going to behave during booking/delivery ,then the A.S.S is going to be a nightmare .
By tommorow(March 23rd) we will get the latest update about delivery.If it is not satisfactory we will be going the VW Polo way.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed