Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:52   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
What do you guys suggest? go for the private ones or the nationalised ones?
Go for the cheapest one. All things equal go for someone with whom you have better experience. I would have gone with Bajaj if they were amongst cheapest 2 or 3. But go with someonw with whom service centre has relations (Must)
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:45   #212
Senior - BHPian

Mustang one question for you.

On the Figo how many years do we have the extended warranty ? And what is this Total Maintenance plan ?
The local sales guy has no clue what all this means

The On road price here says includes 3rd year so what about the 4th year?

Thanks

oh and guys Im getting the same response from my dealer who says that you will get the car before the month end. I ask him date he says he doesnt know but it will be before month end
Old 24th March 2010, 13:01   #213
BHPian

Finally, my first sighting of a Figo with registered number plate in Bangalore, sold by Lathangi Ford. A big relief seeing that, at least the RTO clearance is not playing spoilsport in Bangalore. While coming to office, saw this white TDCi along BTM layout. If owned by any BHPian, please stand up ! It is not a Titanium variant. White looks very good on the road, I was tailing the car for about 10 minutes. I was not a fan of how the Figo rear looks, but slowly it is growing on me ! Even with the X'mas tree tail lamps which is not of my liking, I find the rear view good. May be because I am already committed to a Figo :-)

This morning, again I called up Lathangi Ford and same kind of vague promises. They blame it on the lack of my color choice on TDCi Titanium (Red). That is always a convenient line for sales people, now I plan to counter them with an offer of taking any color that's available by this weekend. Seriously, except Squeeze, I am willing to take any color if the registration can happen before 1 Apr, saving me from VAT hike.

2 days back, called Ford customer service and no reply from them so far...
Old 24th March 2010, 14:35   #214
Senior - BHPian

I had my first sighting of a non-TD Figo today. It had a ribbon and everything and it was Sea Grey! I was under the impression that Sea Grey was delayed. It did not have a number plate though. I also spotted the Chennai Ford TD Figo zipping around in my neighborhood a little later.

CaptainSlow, don't take the TMP. Long term Fiesta ownership threads have suggested that the actual maintenance cost is less than the TMP cost. Take the 2+2 year warranty though.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:42   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I had my first sighting of a non-TD Figo today. It had a ribbon and everything and it was Sea Grey! I was under the impression that Sea Grey was delayed. It did not have a number plate though. I also spotted the Chennai Ford TD Figo zipping around in my neighborhood a little later.

CaptainSlow, don't take the TMP. Long term Fiesta ownership threads have suggested that the actual maintenance cost is less than the TMP cost. Take the 2+2 year warranty though.
Damn! We booked a sea grey! :( How did the color look in flesh in motion? We took about 10mins to decide but were never sure. The delivery dates are just as vague in pune. We have been told that it will take 3-4 weeks post the booking. They took a week to simply deposit the cheque for the booking amount! I've already started wondering if the car will really be delivered by 2nd week of april.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 24th March 2010 at 14:43.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:55   #216
BHPian

None of the colors are on a delayed track, or at least that's what the sales manager of the local Ford dealership told me. White and Squeeze Green are generally available immediately, Moondust Silver & Chill Silver-grey have a wait period of a couple of days to a week and the rest usually take up to 2 weeks.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:30   #217
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Thanks & congratulations brix.

You were supposed to get your car delivered within 4 days & today is the 4th day, what did your dealer say about this?
What my dealer can do when there is no delivery from ford. When i called up the customer care as per you said they told me they won't take complaint on figo for at least 15 days. They also said if my dealer has figo at their yard they will deliver. From this what should i understand?

All dealers across india have delay for figo for one month. What is happening at ford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Uploading a couple of snaps of white Figo. There's nothing like a white Figo on alloy wheels !
Looks like it is at kairali ford.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:38   #218
BANNED

A comment by ford of their face book page of figo regarding delay of sea grey color.

"Ford Figo: Hey guys, thanks for your queries. There is currently no delay in the production of Sea Grey Figo. We are working hard to meet an unexpected surge in demand for the colour versus our original launch projections. We will soon be delivering more Sea Grey Figos to meet that increased demand to our dealerships."
Old 24th March 2010, 15:42   #219
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
A comment by ford of their face book page of figo regarding delay of sea grey color.

"Ford Figo: Hey guys, thanks for your queries. There is currently no delay in the production of Sea Grey Figo. We are working hard to meet an unexpected surge in demand for the colour versus our original launch projections. We will soon be delivering more Sea Grey Figos to meet that increased demand to our dealerships."
True, like i told you in the PM, i saw 2 sea grey ford figos being readied for freight today.

They commenced production of sea grey (again) yesterday only.
Old 24th March 2010, 17:49   #220
BHPian

Another visit to Lathangi Ford an hour ago and it is depressing...They say they are helpless as delivery from Ford is not happening as expected. According to them, about 70 cars delivered to them so far and only 2 TDCi Titanium in that, I find it difficult to believe ! When I hinted about verifying with Ford customer care, they were nonchalant. In fact, they wanted me to put pressure directly with Ford to help them.

Well, I don't have any such influence on Ford rather than being a prospective customer. But if the dealer is so confident of it, I think there is some delivery issue. They showed me the booking data for all models and it matched with what they had told earlier - that I am # 12 for TDCi Titanium from that showroom. Exi and Zxi versions for Diesel has been delivered, even in that, a large number of white.

Red had to be anticipated as a hot and fast moving color, the production planners at Ford didn't think so ? When they start production, how do they decide on colors as the bookings are just tricking in ? It has to be based on common sense and prior experience. My delivery before month end looks like a mirage only, unless Ford makes a lot of deliveries to dealer in next 3 - 4 days.

Even then, the Diesel top end model has to come in enough numbers. Depressing indeed and it is going to cost 10K + more for me and other buyers in Bangalore after 31 March.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:17   #221
BHPian

The delivery glitch was anticipated as Ford was in a hurry to bring the product out on road as soon as possible.It might ease as production gets ramped up in a month or so.
Any way i doubt whether dealer yards are big enough to stock up lots of figos as they might not have anticipated this.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:33   #222
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Heard from a Sales person in Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore that already 5 nos had been delivered and tomorrow 23 is ready for delivery.
Seems that Ford is concentrating on Tier II cities..
Old 24th March 2010, 18:54   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Heard from a Sales person in Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore that already 5 nos had been delivered and tomorrow 23 is ready for delivery.
Seems that Ford is concentrating on Tier II cities..
Strategy of focusing on Tier II cities is smart ! Most of them have huge "catchment area" of customers spread in 3 -4 surrounding districts. Win Tier II city customers and you break into the "mass market" which is dominated by Maruti and Hyundai.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:28   #224
BHPian

Booked Figo 1.4 ZXi variant today at Bhagat Ford Chandigarh. Body color white with ebony black dash. Dealer says delivery will be done in 20 days. Keeping my fingers crossed on this since I am seeing many T BHPians reporting over a month's time in delivery of their Figo.
Old 25th March 2010, 02:26   #225
BHPian

Around 25 bhpians have booked figo so far, as per this thread.and two deliveries.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks