Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 14:05   #271
BHPian

Till today I have no information on the exact delivery date. Only promise is that all the booked cars will be billed before 31st.
Old 27th March 2010, 16:49   #272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
My dealer told me yesterday that my car is in list for next delivery from ford. The truck will depart from ford this month itself and delivery within 3 days after it.

In facebook page and here every body is speaking now about delivery which has taken place or will be within days. Till 2-3 days ago it was all complaints about non-delivery. I think ford has now actually started delivery widely.
Great, Then we will be seeing your ownership thread in 7-10 days, btw you opted for coral dash na?

Also we need pictures of your car in that ownership thread of yours.
Old 27th March 2010, 17:15   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
Till today I have no information on the exact delivery date. Only promise is that all the booked cars will be billed before 31st.
vinodv, good luck to you ! All my excitement about exceptional customer service from Ford seems to be misplaced...On 25th, I was informed by Ford RSM that my car is getting billed that day and transit will be 3 days. He asked me to follow up with dealer's sales manager. Since yesterday, I am calling up dealer and he says he has no information of this...Says no TDCi Titanium has been billed or in transit ! He seemed to a bit peeved that I am escalating it through the Ford customer care and made a comment that "you will have more information on the delivery than us"..I was not in a mood to respond to his jibe, thanked him and hung up. Immediately called Ford customer care and the service rep seem to be unable to give any information. The concerned people will be back in office on Monday only and then I will get an update Monday means 29th and then I have missed my deadline of 31 March by all means.

So my advice is that, all those committments of "billing before month" end, take with a pinch (or load full ??!! ) of salt ! In your case, it doesn't result in any financial loss at least, just a matter of waiting little more.
Old 27th March 2010, 19:14   #274
BHPian

I got that one too. The Sales Cons asked me to pay the full money tomorrow so that I can avoid the excess 2% hike. Its a move garnered to get the full payment and let the customer be on credit.

In my case, my money is coming only in April, so I told her that I will pay the money only after I choose my car from the yard.

Another thing - I told her about the lower Insurance quote from outside and asked her to cancel the option of In House Insurance which I ticked on the form. She said it would be done only through the dealership. I think this one is going to be a trouble point. But to be fair to her, she quoted Rs.1000 more that what I got, even though the Price List quoted Rs.5K more. In all probability, if they want to do it In House, I'l simply ask them to match the quote I got. End of matter.

I bought the Autocar magazine with the article comparing the Figo and the Ritz. A balanced article, Verdict was the the Figo is strong on most counts except the Engine, and the Ritz scores most points on the Engine and is the Mileage champion. However, given a choice the Figo was preferred. However, it seemed that some of the personal tastes of the Author creeped in.
I'll see if I can manage to get a scan on it. If I do, can I post it here?

Last edited by Brix : 27th March 2010 at 19:19.
Old 27th March 2010, 19:22   #275
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I got that one too. The Sales Cons asked me to pay the full money tomorrow so that I can avoid the excess 2% hike. Its a move garnered to get the full payment and let the customer be on credit.

In my case, my money is coming only in April, so I told her that I will pay the money only after I choose my car from the yard.

Another thing - I told her about the lower Insurance quote from outside and asked her to cancel the option of In House Insurance which I ticked on the form. She said it would be done only through the dealership. I think this one is going to be a trouble point. But to be fair to her, she quoted Rs.1000 more that what I got, even though the Price List quoted Rs.5K more. In all probability, if they want to do it In House, I'l simply ask them to match the quote I got. End of matter.
Make sure that you pay only after you actually see the vehicle. All dealers irrespective of the fact whether they are ford or any other manufacturers do sell newly launched hot selling vehicles in black & i dont mean the color. I sorted out one dealer big time, dont even ask about this pls.

Just remember when you see the vehicle & match its Chasis no., VIN etc. then only proceed for full payment.
Old 27th March 2010, 20:16   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Make sure that you pay only after you actually see the vehicle. All dealers irrespective of the fact whether they are ford or any other manufacturers do sell newly launched hot selling vehicles in black & i dont mean the color. I sorted out one dealer big time, dont even ask about this pls.

Just remember when you see the vehicle & match its Chasis no., VIN etc. then only proceed for full payment.
guys i am worried now, being a first time buyer and since had 85% bank loan. i got the loan and paid it in full. I checked up with the dealer and they said Red Figo is hot selling with ebony dash ( red doesnot come with coral as far my knowledges is concerned) so why would there be a delay on Red color. she said that they have those who paid in full are in priority and all cars will be invoiced by 31st. i am not sure wat to do
Old 27th March 2010, 22:26   #277
BHPian

Well, she did give a date of April. I think we should be patient till then. Of course, keep calling and ask then for the status,

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
guys i am worried now, being a first time buyer and since had 85% bank loan. i got the loan and paid it in full. I checked up with the dealer and they said Red Figo is hot selling with ebony dash ( red doesnot come with coral as far my knowledges is concerned) so why would there be a delay on Red color. she said that they have those who paid in full are in priority and all cars will be invoiced by 31st. i am not sure wat to do
Old 28th March 2010, 08:28   #278
BANNED

Quote:

Well you can wait till what date she has mentioned, One more thing, when the car arrives, check the boot(the spare wheel area) & under the hood to see if theres anything suspicious & if you have any doubts about anything you see suspicious then contact us before taking delivery.
Old 28th March 2010, 08:55   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ideally you can choose to see the car in person, then release the loan DD/Cheque fromt the bank. The moment the showroom guy sees you in a hurry, all kinds of tricks come into play. But I'm not sure if this works out for a brand new car in the market. Why do people hurry hurry, pay premium for a new car etc. Encourages black market and is unfair to unsuspecting customers.

P.S: I would buy a movie ticket in black though
Old 28th March 2010, 10:05   #280
BHPian

I dont understand this "black market" concept for cars.
Black market is, hoarding of goods to sell at a higher price. In this case, does it mean that the premium is only for the dealership?

Explain !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Ideally you can choose to see the car in person, then release the loan DD/Cheque fromt the bank. The moment the showroom guy sees you in a hurry, all kinds of tricks come into play. But I'm not sure if this works out for a brand new car in the market. Why do people hurry hurry, pay premium for a new car etc. Encourages black market and is unfair to unsuspecting customers.

P.S: I would buy a movie ticket in black though
Old 28th March 2010, 10:22   #281
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I dont understand this "black market" concept for cars.
Black market is, hoarding of goods to sell at a higher price. In this case, does it mean that the premium is only for the dealership?

Explain !

The dealers stock on the new cars & sell them at a cash premium & hence this cash amount is reflected nowhere except in the dealer's account. This 'extra' which the customers pay, go directly into the account of the dealer & that customer will get an invoice with the company pricing only & not reflect that premium which he has paid.
Old 28th March 2010, 10:25   #282
BHPian

Is that what's happening with the Swift currently?

Anyway, got the concept. Thanks Mustang.

Quote:
The dealers stock on the new cars & sell them at a cash premium & hence this cash amount is reflected nowhere except in the dealer's account. This 'extra' which the customers pay, go directly into the account of the dealer & that customer will get an invoice with the company pricing only & not reflect that premium which he has paid.
Old 28th March 2010, 13:26   #283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
@mkerala: Sorry to say this but you disappoint me everytime I see your latest post. I am expecting a post from you saying "Got Delivery of my Ford Figo or something like that"
But you disappoint me everytime :(
I am more disappointed than you whenever I call my dealer and he postpone delivery date.

Today i have seen a silver zxi in my church. I had seen this last week also, but thought it was TD car. It has also got number.

I think this was the one my dealer offered me instead of squeeze, but i declined the offer. Seems someone got it.

My brother had seen a red and white figo last week in town.

I got some information from one who booked at my dealership. He said the following to me in facebook.

"i called up the Sales assoc. he said my car is reached and allotted to me. if you come and pay full amount you can take it.. he was off for 2 days so not sure abot the exact delivery date..!! he said tomorrow once he reached office he will let me know about the exact delivery date..
As per the talk.. i may get the car in 3-4 days..

Lets hope for the best..!"

Last edited by mkerala : 28th March 2010 at 13:30.
Old 28th March 2010, 16:15   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Well you can wait till what date she has mentioned, One more thing, when the car arrives, check the boot(the spare wheel area) & under the hood to see if theres anything suspicious & if you have any doubts about anything you see suspicious then contact us before taking delivery.
what should i look for? you mean for missing parts?
Old 28th March 2010, 17:43   #285
BANNED

Quote:
what should i look for? you mean for missing parts?
Check engine no, chasis no. & see that all metal body inside the car are smooth & dont look like they have been repaired.

This includes the boot floor & around the engine.

Also check for smaller stuff like missing 12 V socket cover, missing spare wheel tightening cup, tool kit, first aid kit & do tell the salesman there to give you a long synopsis on the features & a demo on the car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks