Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 18:21   #436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

Thanks mustang and thanks to all you bhpians here!

Pray that I get my car today and that everything turns out to be ok.
Dear Captain,

Your post are getting more interesting and all, I have the feeling of watching the movie and waiting for the movie climax man, cant wait to see the outcome, but either way, belive me for the wait that you have done. The arrival of the car would be even more sweeter than otherwise.

PS please keep us posted on the outcome.
Old 31st March 2010, 18:29   #437
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
mkerala, it is really frustrating to go through your ordeal..Compared to you, I booked later, though I too is so much pissed off with the promises and disappointments. Finally yesterday I got confirmation from an RSM that my car is billed and he even gave me the VIN #. Dealer too confirmed that billing has happened. But today, whenever I call up dealer, I get a feeling of another drama..The sales person who deals with me, is not picking up calls and somebody else pick up and promise that I will be updated. Latest story from the receptionist whom I called is that the sales person met with an accident this morning and won't be in office for 2 - 3 days ! Last week also, when my calls were too frequent, he suddenly fell sick. Coincidence ? May be...Now I plan to visit dealer tomorrow, and almost prepared to be the "April Fool" ! I am almost sure that I will not get the car with the VIN # that RSM quoted, some last minute "issues and confusion" will happen. Whom should I believe ? The Ford RSM or dealer ? Or all of them are part of this game ? All this while, many people who booked after me, take delivery of their car. I don't know if they paid some "premium". Tomorrow if the dealer is not giving a date for delivery, I too think of canceling. I guess the dealers are delivering out of priority to those who threaten canceling...I never did it, patiently waited. But when I do cancel, it won't be with the intention to put pressure on them.

There was a poster on this forum ( I can't get his name ) who booked on the same day as of me for the same dealer/variant/color. Seeing my story and promises from RSM, he went ahead and canceled ? I don't know what happened to him...May be it worked for him and he got the car and I have no complaints on that, at least he booked on the same day as me.
Ford and their dealers had already screwed up the new highly expected VFM car. When Ford is sure that Figo would be a success (since the entire ford team has put in lot of immense effors), it should have put in proper logistic process in place and ensure customers are CORRECTLY informed about the real status. Better late than never - Ford should come out openly and tell the real truth of the delivery goof-ups seen so far.
Old 31st March 2010, 18:32   #438
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
@mkerala, man you are a true true fan. I have been following Figo facebook page, and you have been real patient in getting you Figo. Even if for nothing else, Ford should treat his case urgently just for the sake of his loyalty to the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
I have been following the Figo thread here on FB, Twitter and other online portals where the Figo has been reviewed. mkerala has been most patient and reasonable in his dealings with FORD. He is the most active participant on Ford Figo fan page on FB and here on this thread. He is like an ideal fan. He booked his FIGO way back on 18th Feb, even without a test drive and even without knowing the exact price of the car. Thats a lot of faith to show on a company. Unfortunately FORD has miserably let him down.

As far as I am concerned, manufacturers should always keep in mind the order in which the cars are being booked. I find it difficult to believe that FORD could not have delivered a Petrol FIGO (which anyway is supposed to be less in demand as compared to the Deisel) within a month from booking the car specially when the car has been pre booked even before its official launch. IF the dealer is delivering cars booked after mkerala, then there is something wrong somewhere. With the launch of the FIGO, FORD had an opportunity to showcase that they had the processes and efficiency in operations in place to manage high volumes. From what we have been seeing, if their sales operations are stressed so much with volumes, it is doubtful whether service operations will be any better. All in all, an opportunity lost by FORD to showcase it has the ability to be a volume player like MSIL.

mkerala - my advice to you is to ask the dealer to return your payment minus the booking amount until they deliver the car. Rs 4L can earn a lot of interest in 2 months if well invested.

PS: I am big fan of all FORD cars, absolutely love the FIGO as a car and want FORD India to teach MSIL a lesson or two.

-My Two cents.
Thanks!
I didn't know you where actually noticing my activities. Thank you very much for understanding me. I am not interested in the 'interest' but in the car.

Why i am always let down? First was when maruti didn't delivered there new estilo even after 4 month of booking. Now ford with every others getting car and not for my first booking.

Now i feel like i am warrior, fighting for a squeeze zxi 1.2 figo. I will continue my war till i get it. After i get it i can say i fought for it. No option for me other than wait till ford make there concept color zxi 1.2

Last edited by mkerala : 31st March 2010 at 18:35.
Old 31st March 2010, 18:36   #439
RGK
Senior - BHPian

+1 and give the exact date of delivery of the cars booked and keep up the commitment.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:02   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
What I dont understand in this who fiasco is that why is Ford not coming out and announcing a stop in the new bookings?
+1. Do something like what Tata did for the Nano. stop additional bookings till customers-in-waiting get their beloved figos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
mkerala has been most patient and reasonable in his dealings with FORD. He is the most active participant on Ford Figo fan page on FB and here on this thread. He is like an ideal fan. He booked his FIGO way back on 18th Feb, even without a test drive and even without knowing the exact price of the car. Thats a lot of faith to show on a company. Unfortunately FORD has miserably let him down.
+1. Ford should have adopted the age-old "first-come-first-served" policy, so that customers like mkerala would not feel cheated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Captain's log
They made a promise to deliver the car today by 6PM! Now they have the complete payment and the car. Pray that I get my car today and that everything turns out to be ok.
Hey Captain, it's nearing 7 pm. What happened? Has your Starship got a new Ford logo?

From all these discussions, I have decided to do the following:

1. Wait till the initial rush is over to buy a Figo. Think I'll wait for the next 6-8 months (or even a year if needed) for this euphoria/tension to subside. Hopefully by then, the wait period would subside drastically and I will easily get the car of my choice (either a Petrol ZXI or diesel EXI. Mustang I'll need your advice on this.)

2. Within the next few months, I would have read the ON ROAD performance, ownership reports, etc. to arrive at a real impression of the car. By then, I would know what to expect and anticipate.

3. Will know by then the cost of service, spares, etc. of the Figo to confirm that it is indeed a cheap car to own and maintain.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:17   #441
BHPian

Hi fellow T BHPians

Got my Diamond White 1.4 Ford Figo ZXi delivered today (31/03/2010) in 7 days flat from the date of the booking (24/03/2010)

Thanks a lot Mustang.101 for showing the right path. Bhagat Ford Chandigarh really is the best.

Here's the thread that I have started on Team BHP.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...days-flat.html

Hope to get some comments soon.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:19   #442
BANNED

Me and my family decided that we will cancel the booking once in for all if ford not going to deliver me by April. Its better go by bus than fighting for a car. Bus is cheaper and good for health, no maintenance, no cost of ownership.

First it was maruti now ford against me.

For me waiting is cheating, in my life no one has fulfilled the waiting, they only extend it. I think i am having advance April fool these days. First when my dealer called me and told my car is allotted, then he changes to he never know when i get it.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:26   #443
BANNED

@mkerala I am sure that you will get the Figo by April!
Old 31st March 2010, 19:34   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Always 'Happy to Help', Oops!
@ Captain : Whats the status? I am sure since he is not back yet, He is getting his Figo delivered. I certainly hope that this is the case.
Well, I sure hope he has some good news for us all. I'm waiting for the e-peddas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hi fellow T BHPians

Got my Diamond White 1.4 Ford Figo ZXi delivered today (31/03/2010) in 7 days flat from the date of the booking (24/03/2010). Thanks a lot Mustang.101 for showing the right path. Bhagat Ford Chandigarh really is the best. Here's the thread that I have started on Team BHP.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...days-flat.html

Hope to get some comments soon.
Wow, congrats buddy. You got your car in seven days and there are others (like mkerala) who are waiting for 2 months! There's something seriously wrong in the booking and delivery system with either Ford or its dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Me and my family decided that we will cancel the booking once in for all if ford not going to deliver me by April. Its better go by bus than fighting for a car. Bus is cheaper and good for health, no maintenance, no cost of ownership. For me waiting is cheating, in my life no one has fulfilled the waiting, they only extend it. I think i am having advance April fool these days. First when my dealer called me and told my car is allotted, then he changes to he never know when i get it.
Is there any way (online petition, joint letter to the Ford MD, etc) that we can get Ford to consider his case on a priority basis? There are others (even on this forum) who have got their Figos within 7-10 days and here is this poor soul waiting for 2 months. Sheesh, too bad.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:36   #445
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me and my family decided that we will cancel the booking once in for all if ford not going to deliver me by April. Its better go by bus than fighting for a car. Bus is cheaper and good for health, no maintenance, no cost of ownership.

First it was maruti now ford against me.

For me waiting is cheating, in my life no one has fulfilled the waiting, they only extend it. I think i am having advance April fool these days. First when my dealer called me and told my car is allotted, then he changes to he never know when i get it.
Do not loose heart. Mustang will put all efforts to help in getting the car asap. Since you are the first person to book this good vehicle in TBHP, all will feel more happy when car is delivered to you
Old 31st March 2010, 19:42   #446
BANNED

@mkerala : I have just one advise for you & the misery you are facing.

Ask yourself this question:
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Old 31st March 2010, 19:47   #447
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Is there any way (online petition, joint letter to the Ford MD, etc) that we can get Ford to consider his case on a priority basis? There are others (even on this forum) who have got their Figos within 7-10 days and here is this poor soul waiting for 2 months. Sheesh, too bad.
Already done it. Reply from MD's desk

Thank you for contacting Ford India. We are in receipt of your mail addressed to our Managing Director.

Firstly we thank and congratulate you for having chosen our product.We wish to inform you that there has been an overwhelming response to the new variant hence causing a huge demand which has resulted in the delay in the delivery status.We are on one hand very excited and happy with the situation,this is a situation that every car manufacturer would want to be in ,however on the other hand we sincerely regret that we are not able to immediately deliver the vehicles as per the customer demand.We promise that the wait would definitely be worth it, we will do our best to expedite the delivery process of the vehicle.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Quote:
@mkerala : I have just one advise for you & the misery you are facing.

Ask yourself this question:
I didn't understand what you mean.

I don't have a hope ford will deliver by April. They will be delayed.

Last edited by mkerala : 31st March 2010 at 19:49.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:52   #448
BANNED

Quote:
I didn't understand what you mean.

I don't have a hope ford will deliver by April. They will be delayed.

I meant that once your troubles are over & your car gets delivered then after a year would you even think of this for a second & will any of this disappointment matter?
Old 31st March 2010, 20:02   #449
BHPian

Quote:
@mkerala : I have just one advise for you & the misery you are facing. Ask yourself this question:
Buddy, he has a deep wound inflicted by Ford over the 2-month delay and erratic responses in getting his Figo. To add insult to his wound, others are getting their Figos within days of booking the amount. The scar of this experience is likely to remain for a long time and I'm sure it may matter to him "a year from now." as far as I am concerned, I'd rather buy an Alto after being treated like a king and with promises honoured, rather than having to run from pillar to post and having to deal with false promises to get the Figo. I'm really surprised that Ford couldn't "squeeze" in that one car to the Ford dealer in mkerala's area.

Quote:
Already done it. Reply from MD's desk

Thank you for contacting Ford India. We are in receipt of your mail addressed to our Managing Director.
Yes, I know that. What I meant was, could WE ALL send a letter to Ford so that they could expedite your case? I would love to sign on that petition and see you through in this case.

By the way, Mustang, any news from Captain Slow?

Last edited by misquitas : 31st March 2010 at 20:14.
Old 31st March 2010, 20:07   #450
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
By the way, Mustang, any news from Captain Slow?

No news so far, I bet he is busy in his new car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed