Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 13:19   #571
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
mkerala, yes, he could be facing fire from somebody else and making a last ditch attempt. Regarding offer for freebies, I didn't even allow him to do that ! Even if it is for 3 days, I don't want to wait. I want that specific car and I am armed with the VIN #. Ford RSM had asked me to contact him in case the dealer plays anymore games. I hope I won't have to go through all that again.
Every body talks good about that ford RSM south. But i had a very bad experience in my case. He told me to wait till April 3rd week as i have not made my booking on nov-dec.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:29   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Every body talks good about that ford RSM south. But i had a very bad experience in my case. He told me to wait till April 3rd week as i have not made my booking on nov-dec.
mkerala - It may not be the same person. I guess they have different regions within south itself and RSM's in charge of each. The person in charge of Bangalore region may not have Kerala under him.

Anyways, that story of Nov - Dec booking sounds so phony, even the launch date was not sure at that point ! An official from Ford should not be giving this kind of excuses for delayed delivery.

@sanjayc - regarding the USB cable, I asked dealers and they confirmed that it is a special cable with a custom made adapter/pin which you can't buy outside. I commented that Ford is making a kill with this and the sales person just smiled at this.

Last edited by Revy : 5th April 2010 at 13:33.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:34   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Comparing with the petrol Fiesta that i am driving and Test drive of the Punto Diesel a few weeks back, the Figo Diesel is wonderful machine to drive.
yajaman - interesting to hear this from a petrol Fiesta owner ! Of course I am a happy to hear that, waiting for the Diesel Figo delivery. Me too had done Punto test drive when it was launched and feel that Figo is better suited for city driving. On the highway, it could be a different ball game ! For someone like me who drives 90% in city, the choice is obvious. The FE also comparable and the 1.4 TDCi engine is already proven on Ikon, Fiesta etc. @ mkerala - I dealt with a different RSM, not Abhilash. Don't know about the areas they cover ( entire south or parts of south).
Old 5th April 2010, 17:06   #574
BHPian

Hurray ! My registration is done, just got a call from Lathangi to reach there by 6 PM to take delivery

I plan to be there by 5:30 PM to expedite things. Signing off now, hope to reopen my thread with the first impression on driving the red hot babe !
Old 5th April 2010, 17:09   #575
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveen1 View Post
Just spoke to Lathangi Ford.

The delivery time for the TDCI Titanium model is 5-4 weeks it seems with the on road price of 6.35L in B'lore.

Does any one have a pic of sea grey color Figo. Pls post them, haven't seen one in this shade.
The pic is on the first page of this thread under GTO review
Old 5th April 2010, 17:21   #576
BANNED

@Revvy go now! quick!
Old 5th April 2010, 18:07   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Hurray ! My registration is done, just got a call from Lathangi to reach there by 6 PM to take delivery

I plan to be there by 5:30 PM to expedite things. Signing off now, hope to reopen my thread with the first impression on driving the red hot babe !
REvvy GO !!
Sorry I cant come this time. I have some more office work to finish up today!
We are all waiting here please update us when you get back.

mkerala
Today when I was at metro ford to fix my number plate I saw 2 squeeze color cars being delivered!
1 of them was a 1.4 and one of them was a 1.2!
I'm 100% sure about this. I saw them with my own eyes.

gemithomas
You also have an EXI right? Could you check and tell me about this?
Everytime I switch on my headlights the music systems backlight gets dim a bit. Does this happen in your car ?
And the power windows are they 1 shot up and down ?

Brix
What happened to your car? went the DD way or online transfer?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 5th April 2010 at 18:13.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:31   #578
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Captain Slow;1821467

mkerala
Today when I was at metro ford to fix my number plate I saw 2 squeeze color cars being delivered!
1 of them was a 1.4 and one of them was a 1.2!
I'm 100% sure about this. I saw them with my own eyes.

gemithomas
You also have an EXI right? Could you check and tell me about this?
Everytime I switch on my headlights the music systems backlight gets dim a bit. Does this happen in your car ?
And the power windows are they 1 shot up and down ?

[/QUOTE]

AFAIK mkerala would want to know if its a squeeze zxi petrol.

Yes the stereo lights and the ODO back light dims when you turn on the headlights. This is a feature to reduce strain in the night. The power windows are not 1 shot ones.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:33   #579
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
AFAIK mkerala would want to know if its a squeeze zxi petrol.

Yes the stereo lights and the ODO back light dims when you turn on the headlights. This is a feature to reduce strain in the night. The power windows are not 1 shot ones.
These have been done so that you concentrate on the road where the headlights aim & not at the funky dash & IP lighting,
Old 5th April 2010, 18:42   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Is Swift VDI costing 6.6lakh on road with all tax & excise increase and delivery time is 7 months ..
If this is true, then Figo would do much better. Can someone confirm
Seems so, look at this notice board at one of Maruti dealers in BGL.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-maruti.jpg  

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 5th April 2010 at 18:45.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:52   #581
BHPian

Yeah Captain. I called up the Sales Cons and she said that the next consignment is coming in April 2nd week only. I said that I will look at the car and then only pay, she replied in the affirmative. Insurance is still a grey matter with MPL. But its BA for sure.

So I have the money ready, but no car stocks available. In any case April 15th is 10 days away. Scorpio07 booked 8 days before me, so that's a reasonable time duration to wait.

I'll be going the Online transfer way only. Hate to spend 1000 bucks on something I can easily do myself.

How are you enjoying you car? Guess you find it a little underpowered. Dont worry, as you begin to settle in, you will calibrate yourself to the power bands. Besides, its crazy to drive fast in Bangalore.
-------
Must be cool to have that dimming feature. If my WagonR did that, I'd know that the bulb is fading.

"Its not a bug ; its a feature"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Brix
What happened to your car? went the DD way or online transfer?

Last edited by Brix : 5th April 2010 at 18:53.
Old 5th April 2010, 19:47   #582
BHPian

guys, the beauty is now officially mine. She was registered today and will bring her home on Thursday.
@brix MPL sales support has been good so far, when i intially booked, they said delivery during tamil new year time and when i paid, they said end of March. To be fair, i booke on 14th march and getting her on 8th april, just over 3 weeks for a diesel car waiting time is fair IMO. When you see maruti giving 3-4 months time, i feel Ford has done well and hopefully will continue the job forward. If they keep this momentum, Ford will be seeing a lot of money. Good for us, spares will be cheaper too.
Old 5th April 2010, 20:22   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Is Swift VDI costing 6.6lakh on road with all tax & excise increase and delivery time is 7 months ..
If this is true, then Figo would do much better. Can someone confirm
OTR price of Swift VDI is 5.7 lakhs
Old 5th April 2010, 20:26   #584
BHPian

Excellent scorpio. You must be really jubilant!!!

I haven't made my payment so far, so they will put me on the back burner probably.

Glad your experience was smooth. Did you take the in house insurance BTW. How much did you pay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
guys, the beauty is now officially mine. She was registered today and will bring her home on Thursday.
@brix MPL sales support has been good so far, when i intially booked, they said delivery during tamil new year time and when i paid, they said end of March. To be fair, i booke on 14th march and getting her on 8th april, just over 3 weeks for a diesel car waiting time is fair IMO. When you see maruti giving 3-4 months time, i feel Ford has done well and hopefully will continue the job forward. If they keep this momentum, Ford will be seeing a lot of money. Good for us, spares will be cheaper too.
Old 5th April 2010, 20:33   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Excellent scorpio. You must be really jubilant!!!

Glad your experience was smooth. Did you take the in house insurance BTW. How much did you pay?
I am excited can't wait till thursday
I went for the house insurance came to around 14k BA
Closed Thread

Most Viewed