Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 20:50   #586

Hi,

I'm planning to book Figo this month. If I buy in Chennai and want to use it in Bangalore, is it ok to pay one-year road tax in Bangalore or should I have to pay life time tax again in Bangalore.
Old 5th April 2010, 20:58   #587
BHPian

What is house insurance? Something to do with corporate offers or some kind of home insurance where car is considered a part of home like tv/ac/fridge etc? Or, is it insurance taken thru dealer?
Old 5th April 2010, 21:16   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
What is house insurance?
They were referring to "in House" insurance, ie, the default insurance provided by the dealer.
Old 5th April 2010, 21:24   #589
BHPian

Hi folks, the baby is home, FINALLY ! Drove out of Lathangi Ford around 6:40 PM, they did a decent job of delivery. Car was in good shape, clean inside and outside. The Ford branded floor mats are fine. The drive to home was through the most congested roads and it is peak hour. Still, enjoyed the ride very much. Will take some time to get used to the power bands, especially since I am moving from Petrol to Diesel. Hope to reopen my thread with initial drive report. Thanks everyone for your wishes !
Old 5th April 2010, 21:30   #590
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figo_fan View Post
Hi,

I'm planning to book Figo this month. If I buy in Chennai and want to use it in Bangalore, is it ok to pay one-year road tax in Bangalore or should I have to pay life time tax again in Bangalore.

I dont think that the possibility of paying only one year's road tax is available in Karnataka. You will end up paying life time road tax again. Afterwards, you can get your car re-registered as Karnataka registration. Following this you can get the life time road tax paid in TN reimbursed (not the full amount, but equivalent to a depreciated amount).

Also, heard that Bangalore police are usually harder on folks with TN registration plates.
Old 5th April 2010, 23:02   #591
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figo_fan View Post
Hi,

Considering the road tax which you'd be paying in TN, followed by the road tax applicable in KA, you stand to be poorer by a tidy sum. I would suggest you buy the car in KA itself as there is no provision of an annual tax unless you are a central govt employee.
Old 5th April 2010, 23:24   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Hi folks, the baby is home, FINALLY ! Drove out of Lathangi Ford around 6:40 PM, they did a decent job of delivery. Car was in good shape, clean inside and outside. The Ford branded floor mats are fine. The drive to home was through the most congested roads and it is peak hour. Still, enjoyed the ride very much. Will take some time to get used to the power bands, especially since I am moving from Petrol to Diesel. Hope to reopen my thread with initial drive report. Thanks everyone for your wishes !
Excellent news and congratulations on the new arrival. Finally we have one customer happy with the dealer in Bangalore. Eagerly awaiting your experience of the car and of the dealer.

By the way, I happened to read the Overdrive magazine comparison between the Ritz and Figo. While the reviewer considered the Figo a better car of the two, I was surprised with some inaccuracies. For example, it was mentioned that the Figo has a smaller hatch space than the Ritz. Not only does the Ritz have a physically smaller hatch space (in litres) than the Figo, the usable Ritz space is further minimised due to the odd rear end.
Old 6th April 2010, 00:07   #593
BHPian

Quote:
gr8 news - congrats ! waiting for your report ! enjoy
Old 6th April 2010, 13:10   #594
BANNED

Regarding my case i send an email to write2md@ford.com on march 31. Same day got a reply.
Quote:
Dear Mr.Tharun Jacob George,

Thank you for contacting Ford India. We are in receipt of your mail addressed to our Managing Director.

Firstly we thank and congratulate you for having chosen our product.We wish to inform you that there has been an overwhelming response to the new variant hence causing a huge demand which has resulted in the delay in the delivery status.We are on one hand very excited and happy with the situation,this is a situation that every car manufacturer would want to be in ,however on the other hand we sincerely regret that we are not able to immediately deliver the vehicles as per the customer demand.We promise that the wait would definitely be worth it, we will do our best to expedite the delivery process of the vehicle.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Thanks & Regards,
Anitha
Customer Relations
Ford India Pvt Ltd
Then i replied to that on the same day and also another yesterday. No reply from them for last 6 days. I think these are like auto response. Nether MD or the auto replier look in the case. Too bad.

I need to have at least a proper reply from ford regarding my waiting.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:47   #595
BHPian

^^
I am beginning to understand how exactly you feel. I'm getting impatient on my car too. And its still within the waiting period mentioned by the dealer.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:21   #596
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
^^
I am beginning to understand how exactly you feel. I'm getting impatient on my car too. And its still within the waiting period mentioned by the dealer.
My waiting period from the dealer already passed. They have declared and said they don't know when can they deliver my car.

When contacted ford asked me to wait till 3rd week of April. When asked for reason, no proper reason was given and no reply for further quires.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:30   #597
Senior - BHPian

I was off for a couple of days and this thread had grown by 10 pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
There she was in the sun, shining (not exactly) need some dusting though.
Congrats! All cars look crappy in the yard. You will not recognize the car on the day of the delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I also opt for zxi for the same reason. I don't like my car to crashed and see the air bag.
What!? You opted for the ZXi because you didn't want to see airbags popping out in a crash? That airbag pops out to save your life.

And I have not spotted any Squeeze ZXi petrols on the road yet. Figo TDCis are a daily sight now.

Quote:
This morning I got a call from their sales manager, making a request ! You would not believe me..He is asking if my allotted car can be given to another customer as he is in a very urgent situation. I will get a new can in 3 days time !
This is like asking one to take a flight the next day as the current one is overbooked lol. But at least they upgrade you to business class or give you like $500 in case of the plane ticket.

Quote:
guys, the beauty is now officially mine. She was registered today and will bring her home on Thursday.
@brix MPL sales support has been good so far, when i intially booked, they said delivery during tamil new year time and when i paid, they said end of March. To be fair, i booke on 14th march and getting her on 8th april, just over 3 weeks for a diesel car waiting time is fair IMO. When you see maruti giving 3-4 months time, i feel Ford has done well and hopefully will continue the job forward. If they keep this momentum, Ford will be seeing a lot of money. Good for us, spares will be cheaper too.
Great. Open up a ownership thread on Thu night itself. With lots of pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Same as in the Fiesta.
That's right. The newer Fiestas don't have a hole in the boot for the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
By the way, I happened to read the Overdrive magazine comparison between the Ritz and Figo. While the reviewer considered the Figo a better car of the two, I was surprised with some inaccuracies. For example, it was mentioned that the Figo has a smaller hatch space than the Ritz. Not only does the Ritz have a physically smaller hatch space (in litres) than the Figo, the usable Ritz space is further minimised due to the odd rear end.
OD is as biased as a car mag can get. I have stopped reading all of them now.

Last edited by Gilead : 6th April 2010 at 14:32.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:49   #598
BHPian

@Gilead: Thanks will open up a ownership thread on Thursday, will post some pics and during the weekend will take it to my Aunts place and get some pictures done.

I spoke to friend in Ford about low volumes on specific colors esp squeeze, the response was that as per the demand of the color the production numbers are run. My guess is that until they have specific number of demand they will not produce that color. If White, red and black or in demand they get made earlier and probably squeeze demand has not reached the threshold. I hope it does soon and mkerala, brix get it soon. Brix is still well within his waiting period its unfortunate for mkerala, hope they do justice during the hand over of the vehicle.
This is my opinion and thoughts only based on discussions.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:54   #599
BANNED

Quote:
@Gilead: Thanks will open up a ownership thread on Thursday, will post some pics and during the weekend will take it to my Aunts place and get some pictures done.

I spoke to friend in Ford about low volumes on specific colors esp squeeze, the response was that as per the demand of the color the production numbers are run. My guess is that until they have specific number of demand they will not produce that color. If White, red and black or in demand they get made earlier and probably squeeze demand has not reached the threshold. I hope it does soon and mkerala, brix get it soon. Brix is still well within his waiting period its unfortunate for mkerala, hope they do justice during the hand over of the vehicle.
This is my opinion and thoughts only based on discussions.
Thank very much for the insider information.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:25   #600
BHPian

Hi All,

I need some help here. I booked a white titanium with coral IP on 2nd april. The dealer told me that the car can be delivered by 15th May. I had sold my car last week and am now facing some difficulties without a car.

I called him today and requested if he can speed up the delivery as I would like the car to be delivered earlier. He called me back saying there is a white ZXI available and if I want to take it.

Now I'm really tempted and confused. The only difference is the ABS and Airbags. Should I wait for the titanium or should I go for the ZXI? The feedback from family and friends are for both sides of the arguments.

Should I wait or go for the ZXI?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks