Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 20:24   #646
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Congrats Mkerala! Finally your car is within reach! Hmm I wonder if mustang had something to do with this??
Thanks mustang you being here has really helped us all
Your Welcome, guys. I verbally just told one of my colleagues about this on April 2nd as far as i remember, He assured me that the car will be billed by mid april, Guess he looked into it & his assurance was very true , He deserves the real thanks.

Cant mention his name though.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 8th April 2010 at 20:24. Reason: added some info.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:24   #647
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Thats beautiful Tharun !!! My heartiest congrats to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Finally @mkerala will be getting his car! This will be the first squeeze on T-BHP right? Congrats in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Hey! Tharun. At last they were able to Squeeze out your car

Real Good news. All the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Congrats! But celebrate only after you actually see the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats. Really a very good news. TBHP is eager to see your ownership review .
Quote:
Congrats Mkerala! Finally your car is within reach! Hmm I wonder if mustang had something to do with this??
Thanks mustang you being here has really helped us all
Thank you all. But i still don't sallow it fully. Because this is the 5th or 6th time i am hearing "Your car is alloted, will get it within days" for the last one year. First was from maruti, then dealer and now ford. I have to wait and see. Dealer promised delivery on Monday or Tuesday as i am from kottayam.

Also i need all your help. I saw the PDI list, it took an hour for reading it properly. I think it will take 3 hours for me to complete it. If i do that in the showroom they will think that "I am government inspector who is inspecting a car for the reason for an accident."

So i think its not practical. So i need your help to short list important pints and that are applicable to figo from it. I will use not more than 15-30 min for a PDI.

Also what are the things i should do after getting figo. I mean i need a sun film and number plate for sure, but i don't need a under-body since i will be using figo not that often. I use it 1 or 2 times a week for a short drives and 1 or 2 100km drives in a year. So you all get that my car won't even go more than 1000km a year. So suggest something for that kind of car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
My benchmark is the FE of the K-series Swift/Ritz, which is surely not 11-13 kmpl.
Quote:
Your only choice is an A Star then. Only the A Star will return 15 in city conditions. Every other B segment hatch will give 12-13 only in the city. Mileage figures are usually exaggerated by owners anyway. Else get the diesel which will give 15 in the city.

What do you think is the FE of the K Series Swift and Ritz in the city? Definitely not more than 13 in typical city bumper to bumper start stop traffic. Like I said, if you want 15 in the city, get an A Star. Even an Alto will return only 13-14. My M800 which is in an excellent condition gives only 12 in the city. My colleagues with an i10 1.2 and 1.1 get 11-12 and 12-13 respectively in the city. If you are looking at 15, you are looking at a small capacity 3 cyl engine or a diesel.
All are saying about swift here, did you know the mileage of old swift which are on road now? Its almost same as figo at 15.9kmpl as per ARAI. Still many of them bought it. That tell mileage is not important. One of my relatives bought swift and fitted LPG.

The new k series swift is still delayed around 3 months so known going to get it soon.

Everybody is complaining of figo petrol mileage. Please check the mileage of some top hatches in India.

Also swift new mileage is around 17.9kmpl with k series engine.
SWIFT (Petrol) - 15.9 kmpl
M800 (Petrol) - 16.1 kmpl
Hyudai santro 17.6kmpl
i10- 18.1kmpl
Fait Punto 14.3 kmpl
Tata Nano 23.4kmpl
Cheverlet Aveo 14.7k mpl
TATA vista 15 kmpl

Source: pls help me getting ARAI mileage? | Articles | Car Forums - NDTV Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I Think we should stop with petrol Vs diesel thing, Theres a thread for that & limit the discussions to the figo only & lets not go
All are comparing diesel and petrol mileage here. No other place to discuss petrol and diesel mileage comparison of figo.

Quote:
Your Welcome, guys. I verbally just told one of my colleagues about this on April 2nd as far as i remember, He assured me that the car will be billed by mid april, Guess he looked into it & his assurance was very true , He deserves the real thanks.

Cant mention his name though.
Mustang please tell my sincere thanks to him.

Thanks mustang you did it before you leave Chennai.

This thread is growing faster. It has now 2300 post with 4.77 rating. Best thread on team-bhp.

Last edited by mkerala : 8th April 2010 at 20:29.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:30   #648
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post

Mustang please tell my sincere thanks to him.

Thanks mustang you did it before you leave Chennai.

This thread is growing faster. It has now 2300 post with 4.77 rating. Best thread on team-bhp.

I will surely convey your thanks to him. btw did the RSM mention what color dash is it? I bet its ebony.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:34   #649
BANNED

Quote:
I will surely convey your thanks to him. btw did the RSM mention what color dash is it? I bet its ebony.
Yes i mailed him about this to him again and replied it is coral. No problem for me.

I close my eyes and drive it if i am not going to like it. When will the insurance cover starts?
Old 8th April 2010, 20:37   #650
BANNED

Quote:
Yes i mailed him about this to him again and replied it is coral. No problem for me.

I close my eyes and drive it if i am not going to like it. When will the insurance cover starts?

The insurance cover starts from date of sale (someone confirm?) of car. Also I absolutely have very poor knowledge when it comes to ambiguities related to sale of cars & paperwork.

I am asking many guys here (kiku, Gilead, sanjayc) about the deals offered to me on the fiesta, & whether they are ok or good or great.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:40   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The insurance cover starts from date of sale (someone confirm?) of car. Also I absolutely have very poor knowledge when it comes to ambiguities related to sale of cars & paperwork.

I am asking many guys here (kiku, Gilead, sanjayc) about the deals offered to me on the fiesta, & whether they are ok or good or great.

It starts from the day you register the car!

Oh and today I got the scratch fixed too which was there from Day 1 thanks to metro ford!! I guess something good is happening to all of us!
Old 8th April 2010, 20:58   #652
BHPian

mkerala a.k.a Tharun..Congrats! In Advance!

Quote:
Pat yourself on your back for achieving such a feat! Half of the posts must be yours
Old 8th April 2010, 21:18   #653
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, mkerala!!!

By the way I just thought of sharing this link, it has some great photos of the sea-grey Figo next to a silver Swift: Ford Figo Vs Maruti Suzuki Swift - shootout / comparo / review / road test - Motoroids.com
Old 8th April 2010, 21:19   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also what are the things i should do after getting figo. I mean i need a sun film and number plate for sure, but i don't need a under-body since i will be using figo not that often. I use it 1 or 2 times a week for a short drives and 1 or 2 100km drives in a year. So you all get that my car won't even go more than 1000km a year. So suggest something for that kind of car.
Get the paint protection offered by Ford. It's worth every penny. My car still gleams like it came from the showroom yesterday.

Quote:
It starts from the day you register the car!

Oh and today I got the scratch fixed too which was there from Day 1 thanks to metro ford!! I guess something good is happening to all of us!
Nope, it starts from date of sale. You can keep driving an unregistered car on temp plates but not without insurance. Many people waiting for fancy numbers do this.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:50   #655
BANNED

Quote:

o'h thats safe. I am going to drive a car without my driving instructor with me for the first time. That car is my new figo. Since my father is abroad right now, i am the one who should bring it home. So insurance cover is a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
mkerala a.k.a Tharun..Congrats! In Advance!

Pat yourself on your back for achieving such a feat! Half of the posts must be yours
Not half, i have only 239 post till date and this thread is at over 2300. so less than 1/10. See the leader of this thread, Mustang.

Posters in this thread.

User Name Posts
Mustang.101 217
mkerala 197
Brix 130
Gilead 94
RGK 93
scorpio07 71
kiku007 55
Captain Slow 54
Revy 50
sanjayc 45
misquitas 40
rajivn 35
tj123 34
gemithomas 34
GTO 31
scanD 30
poloman 27
vid6639 26
xingamazon 26
longhorn 24
joshdrive 23
aditya116 22
Daewood 21
mayukh 21
joethomasv 21
jacksons 20
-NUT-case 20
PYSO 19

For more Who Posted? - Team-BHP

Quote:
Get the paint protection offered by Ford. It's worth every penny. My car still gleams like it came from the showroom yesterday.

Nope, it starts from date of sale. You can keep driving an unregistered car on temp plates but not without insurance. Many people waiting for fancy numbers do this.
I think one of your friend had booked the same as mine. Whats his status?

Mostly my car will be in car porch, so do i need it really? Also dealer only told about under-body and mudflat/floor mat. Not about this.

I never going to waste money on fancy number. Why do i need to make police man easy to note my number down?
Old 8th April 2010, 22:11   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Congratulations, mkerala!!!

By the way I just thought of sharing this link, it has some great photos of the sea-grey Figo next to a silver Swift: Ford Figo Vs Maruti Suzuki Swift - shootout / comparo / review / road test - Motoroids.com

Thanks for the share.
The Sea Grey (bluish-grey) colour looks real good. Figo looks masculine and handsome.
Old 8th April 2010, 22:19   #657
BHPian

Is that paint protection the 3M Exterior paint coating? I thought that TBHP didnt recommend that?

Quote:
130 posts - thats embarrassing.

Quote:
Not half, i have only 239 post till date and this thread is at over 2300. so less than 1/10. See the leader of this thread, Mustang.
Old 8th April 2010, 22:30   #658
BANNED

@BRIX : The paint protection is from waxoyl , not 3M.
Old 8th April 2010, 23:43   #659
BHPian

Guys got my car today, below is the link
@mustang: exterior coating is 3m i have the receipt with me

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1828632
Old 9th April 2010, 04:31   #660
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post

mkerala, instead of closing your eyes, consider getting yourself sun glasses with a blue tint. Then, the coral dash will look purple!!!

Man, with your kind of driving, I'll forget about buying a new Figo and will simply wait for you to sell off your Figo. Within 5-6 years, your car would hardly have travelled 5-6K kms. And given your concern for the Figo, I'm sure she would be in good hands. So then, put me on your list of prospective customers when you plan to sell off your car.
What an IDEA Sir g !!

Figo is for people like me who drives very less and so service intervals at 1 year or 10k km. See joe figo owner, within weeks he crossed 2500 and ready for first service. Within months he will be going for that 1 year 10,000km service.

Did i forgot to mention something? Yes about RSM (South)

You don't knew his speed. If we sent a mail to him will get reply almost instantly anytime, i think he is using a black berry. I ever have met a person with such email speed. Also he says all things correctly. At first he said about nov-dec bookings which no one believed, but actually it is true. Example is Gilead friend.

Last edited by mkerala : 9th April 2010 at 04:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed