Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 17:35   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Figo deliveries are starting day after tomorrow. Around 10 cars are going to be delivered from Kairali Ford, Cochin. And mine's one of them! I'll be making the payment tomorrow. I need to get a no-claim certificate.( from my 5 year old Alto) I hope it's an easy process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Are you going for the petrol or diesel? Do post an initial review once you get your hands on the car. Yours should be among the first few on team bhp!
Of course i will be uploading a detailed review in youtube and here. Yesterday the sales person called me again and said that a titanium squeeze is ready for delivery, but i decided to wait for zxi. He told that i will get it this week itself.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:05   #62
BHPian

Made the payment for the car at Kairali Ford. They said they are planning to deliver around 40 Figos tomorrow. So getting any accessories is out of the question. I really wanted the fog lamps. Looks like I'll have to settle with just the tyre/alloy upgrade. Pitstop offered around Rs 2000 each for the OE tyres. 185/65 xm1+ costs 3800 a piece. Choice of alloys are seriously limited though. Global tyres is in a sorry state. Hardly any new models there.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:31   #63
BANNED

@Mustang.101: How much figos are currently produced till date? How many cars are delivered per day to dealer? I am eagerly waiting for deliver. I booked on 18th February for zxi petrol squeeze at kairali ford , still no sign of delivery.

Last edited by mkerala : 18th March 2010 at 17:33.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:35   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
@Mustang.101: How much figos are currently produced till date? How many cars are delivered per day to dealer? I am eagerly waiting for deliver. I booked on 18th February for zxi petrol squeeze at kairali ford , still no sign of delivery.

I dont know about the production figures but yes deliveries have started. Try & enquire from Kairali ford about the date of delivery & if they dont give you an answer , go there & talk to the seniormost person there & if he does not oblige, call up our customer care & they will sort him out
Old 18th March 2010, 17:43   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I dont know about the production figures but yes deliveries have started. Try & enquire from Kairali ford about the date of delivery & if they dont give you an answer , go there & talk to the seniormost person there & if he does not oblige, call up our customer care & they will sort him out
Like all other car dealers they are saying that they don't know which figo will be in the lorry. They only know when it reach them.

This was similar for me when i booked a estilo in September and waited till January when i canceled it. They also told the same. They told that they are having delivery every month, i waited for 3-4 months after booking, they keep on saying no vehicle of my color and variant. Then i cancelled it.

For figo i have made full payment last week itself and i booked this on last February 18th.

I want to ask that why ford is not sending vehicle to dealer according to booking? They say ford simply sent according to there wish, if by chance a booking model is there it is delivered.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:47   #66
BANNED

Quote:
I want to ask that why ford is not sending vehicle to dealer according to booking? They say ford simply sent according to there wish, if by chance a booking model is there it is delivered.
We do send vehicles according to the type of bookings, however there might be some difference if some variants have higher bookings than the rest. Ok listen, Do what i just told you & if you dont get a reply by saturday, i will be needing some info from you & ie.

your name
sales person's name
sales person's contact no. (mobile preferably)

& i will do the need full, btw what date has he mentioned?
Old 18th March 2010, 17:53   #67
BANNED

Quote:
We do send vehicles according to the type of bookings, however there might be some difference if some variants have higher bookings than the rest. Ok listen, Do what i just told you & if you dont get a reply by saturday, i will be needing some info from you & ie.

your name
sales person's name
sales person's contact no. (mobile preferably)

& i will do the need full, btw what date has he mentioned?
He keeps changing date. He told me a date between 15 - 20th of this month, but i don't think it is possible as 40 deliveries of figo at kairali ford is today. He told i can get figo immediately if i change variant to titanium of colour to chill, white. I decided to wait.
I am not so patient-less as you think. I had waited patiently for a estilo for more than 4 months. Also waited for launch of figo for another 4 months. Today only the deliver begun. I will wait for a week or two then contact you.

I was just frustrated to see others getting delivered which they booked only a few days ago and me a month ago.

I wanted to know how much delivery to a dealer happens in a month? Or the interval between two deliveries. I will keep on waiting.

Last edited by mkerala : 18th March 2010 at 17:56.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:56   #68
BANNED

Quote:
I wanted to know how much delivery to a dealer happens in a month? Or the interval between two deliveries. I will keep on waiting.
I dont know about this.However multiple showrooms of the same owner get a higher preference. Hope you get your ride soon.
Old 18th March 2010, 18:25   #69
Senior - BHPian

I'm facing the same issue here in bangalore. They are not giving me an exact date as to when they would deliver.
Also most of the cars in the showroom have 70-100KM on the ODO. On asking this I was told that they do a PDI and check the car before delivery. Im not happy about getting a car thats done 100KM by some guy I have never meet. Paying for a new car I want a new car.

Vid,

Today again I went to the showroom and you were are right about it! There was nothing there for the Exi and Zxi cars
I have some pictures. Of the Exi variant. The last pic is that of the Titanium variant

Pics of the Exi Interior. Notice no plastic piece around the handbrake lever.
Can I fix the plastic piece around the handbrake later on?

The last pic is that of the Titanium variant with the plastic around the handbrake.

Sorry for the bad picture quality had clicked it on VGA mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-img0036a.jpg  

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-img0037a.jpg  

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-img0034a.jpg  

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-img0035a.jpg  

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-img0038a.jpg  

Old 18th March 2010, 18:39   #70
BANNED

btw i found out your name mkerala, Your initials are T.G. Right?

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 18th March 2010 at 18:50.
Old 18th March 2010, 18:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I'm facing the same issue here in bangalore. They are not giving me an exact date as to when they would deliver.
Also most of the cars in the showroom have 70-100KM on the ODO. On asking this I was told that they do a PDI and check the car before delivery. Im not happy about getting a car thats done 100KM by some guy I have never meet. Paying for a new car I want a new car.
70-100Km for PDI thats a strange reason , you never know who floored your vehicle before it reached you ...thats too much running at dealer end for a new car.
Old 18th March 2010, 19:03   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Don't go by the ODO of display cars. Many sales guys would have had a spin before putting it on display. A new car should only have the distance from the yard to the showroom on the ODO plus another 1 km maximum for their PDI. The distance from the showroom to the RTO and back will also be added by the time you take delivery. My car had 35 on the ODO on the day of delivery.

I also noticed that they don't disconnect the ODO of the TD cars. That's a good thing.

Last edited by Gilead : 18th March 2010 at 19:05.
Old 18th March 2010, 19:10   #73
BANNED

Quote:
btw i found out your name mkerala, Your initials are T.G. Right?
Initial T.G is right, how you got it? from facebook?
Old 18th March 2010, 19:12   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Initial T.G is right, how you got it? from facebook?
Yes. I found out that you posted a similar variant choice,color,booking date & showroom on team bhp & facebook.

Lol!
Old 18th March 2010, 19:12   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Don't go by the ODO of display cars. Many sales guys would have had a spin before putting it on display. A new car should only have the distance from the yard to the showroom on the ODO plus another 1 km maximum for their PDI. The distance from the showroom to the RTO and back will also be added by the time you take delivery. My car had 35 on the ODO on the day of delivery.

I also noticed that they don't disconnect the ODO of the TD cars. That's a good thing.
They have to drive all way to showroom from where the vehicle is delivered from lorry. Most probably one place of lorry delivery for a dealer.

Quote:
Yes. I found out that you posted a similar variant choice,color,booking date & showroom on team bhp & facebook.

Lol!
Yes, but i booked figo in my mothers name.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th March 2010 at 19:25. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks