Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 20:10   #736
Senior - BHPian

I am beginning to think that a tale of woe with my Figo booking is about to begin. Yesterday was exactly 4 weeks since I booked the car, sales guys in Lathangi BLR still have little clue about when I will get my car.
Made (more than) a few phone calls today and got nowhere. Will keep you all posted.
Old 12th May 2010, 23:38   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Before Answering to all of your questions i wanted to ask one thing.

AFAIK I recall a post of yours that said that you have cancelled your figo booking... What was that about?

Please do correct me if i am wrong, I do get mixed up at times.
Mustang. I did not say that I cancelled the booking. I asked if I needed to cancel it as it has been over 35 days and there still is no info about delivery.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:24   #738
BHPian

@KiloAlpha : If I'm not wrong you booked the Chill is it? I've seen that the Chill is taking a bit of more time than the others. I got mine in exactly a month's time on 11th. Did you speak to their manager? I went down there once personally and spoke to their manager and I think that might have helped to speed the process a bit. In my opinion you should go and visit him once.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:39   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
@KiloAlpha : If I'm not wrong you booked the Chill is it? I've seen that the Chill is taking a bit of more time than the others. I got mine in exactly a month's time on 11th. Did you speak to their manager? I went down there once personally and spoke to their manager and I think that might have helped to speed the process a bit. In my opinion you should go and visit him once.
Thanks Atrisarkar!
My tale of woe might just have ended. I spoke with the sales manager - Gangadhar - yesterday evening itself, and started telling him that I wanted to speak with the GM if I got no proper information.
This resulted in the sales person calling me this morning and telling me that the car is in the transporter, it will arrive in their yard tomorrow morning, and that I can now please give them documentation for registration. I will pay them only after doing the PDI.
The catch? Sales person is not sure whether it is the black dashboard I had asked for. Might just be the red dashboard. My wife calls it the colour of paan spit.
I keep my fingers, hands, toes, legs and eyes crossed
Old 14th May 2010, 18:06   #740

If the company and dealers are having this kind of trouble with managing sales and customer promises, I wonder how much harder servicing will be.
Old 14th May 2010, 20:31   #741
BHPian

I see a lot of guys struggling to get information about their FIGO deliveries, I have faced a similar problem, but with Punto instead. The dealerships have no information of where the truck carrying the vehicle is, when will it reach, when will it be available for PDI et all. In my case, my car reached the dealership sometime afternoon, which is exactly when I reached the spot, somehow managed the PDI, took the delivery and rushed back home, as I had to fly out the following morning. Frankly, I thought, I thought this was a TATA FIAT thing but off late I have come across more FIGO would be owners complaining than Punto folks.

-B4W

Last edited by better4worse : 14th May 2010 at 20:33. Reason: added more info
Old 14th May 2010, 20:52   #742
Senior - BHPian

My Team mate who works with me on the same project booked a figo after seeing mine ! He booked a grey TDCI. Was told it will take 5-6 weeks!!
Old 16th May 2010, 00:52   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Guys. Who is the better Ford dealer in Hyderabad? The Fortune guy or the Mody guy.

I asked for a test drive on the Ford site and the response from Ford Chennai was quick. I am still awaiting a phone call from the dealer as Ford redirects it to the local dealer.

Depending on which dealer is better, I will, maybe, go myself to the dealer.
So did you find out which one is better yet? Mody or Fortune? Even im waiting for a call from Ford in the meanwhile.
Old 16th May 2010, 07:29   #744
Senior - BHPian

Is it that cities like Ahmedabad have a better allotment? I mean you can get it off the shelf here in diesel or petrol models, you might just have to make a compromise on the colour.
Old 16th May 2010, 17:13   #745
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Delivery and temp regn for my TDCi - EXi is on 24th May. Will be getting my VIN no this week. I think the car is already reached (in) the yard. Asked for Non-Apollo only

Last edited by RGK : 16th May 2010 at 17:15.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:18   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 View Post
So did you find out which one is better yet? Mody or Fortune? Even im waiting for a call from Ford in the meanwhile.
Difficult to say LiquidMetal. I booked at Fortune because Mody was callous in behavior when I asked for a PDI. Even Fortune denied me a PDI but the behavior was more gentle.

Both Fortune and Mody have other car dealerships and thus it is difficult to say who will be better. Ultimately it will depend on which servicing station is nearer to your place.

Ultimately it has been 40 days since I booked at Fortune but I have no idea when the car is coming. Not sure who is at fault here but I was offered to pick a car of an other color for immediate delivery but I refused.
Let me know your experience later.
Old 17th May 2010, 17:01   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Before Answering to all of your questions i wanted to ask one thing.

AFAIK I recall a post of yours that said that you have cancelled your figo booking... What was that about?

Please do correct me if i am wrong, I do get mixed up at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Mustang. I did not say that I cancelled the booking. I asked if I needed to cancel it as it has been over 35 days and there still is no info about delivery.
I am one who cancelled the booking quite some time ago, but took delivery of the vehicle last week Sort of a comedy of errors..

I had booked for a Titanium TDCi on the 9th of March - initially mentioned Chill as the color, and switched to Red a couple of days later. Was promised the car before the 31st of March, but my Sales rep kept giving me vague answers about when it would come, and I gave them a cancellation letter on the 29th of March, and was told that I can collect the advance refund in a couple of days.

I forgot about following up on the refund cheque, and went to the dealer only after a month or so - on the 30th of April. My sales rep was nowhere to be found, and I was told she had left the job. Another girl had been assigned to my file, and she was shocked when I asked her about the refund cheque - she told me my vehicle had arrived a couple of days ago and she had been trying to reach me. My earlier sales rep had conveniently forgotten to put the cancellation letter in the file !!

On the spur of the moment I decided I'll take the car, and asked her for a PDI - she asked me to come the next day as the car was in the yard. The next day happened to be a holiday (May day) and then a Sunday - I went to the dealers place on Monday and she took me to their workshop at the back to show me my vehicle, and this time it was me who got a shock - the car she showed me was a Chill one !!! Apparently my request letter for change of color was also not in the file, thanks to the errant Sales rep

I did have a copy of the letter I had sent them requesting the change of color (since I had sent it through our office boy, he had taken her "received" acknowledgement signature on the copy as is usual when we hand-deliver any letter). I told them I can show them the letter, but they didn't insist and promised me they'll allot me a Colorado Red one immediately after checking the stock. Unfortunately they didn't have one that wasn't already alloted to a customer, so promised to release one from the next batch which was expected on the 5th.

The 5th delivery didn't materialize, and I got a call from the SR on the 8th saying that the vehicle had arrived and I can come for inspection. I was away that weekend, so came and inspected the vehicle on 9th, made the payment, and eventually took delivery on the 13th - more than 2 months after my booking date !!

Have driven it only for about 50 kms so far - everything looks good so far - Planning to take it for highway trip to Wayanad this weekend, that should give me a feel of how it behaves on the highway and what FE I can get..
Old 17th May 2010, 19:30   #748
BHPian

Destiny !!! You were destined for a Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
I am one who cancelled the booking quite some time ago, but took delivery of the vehicle last week Sort of a comedy of errors..
Note from Mod : This topic has been discussed enough, and is now closed. You may announce your bookings in the dedicated "I Booked my car" thread.

Last edited by GTO : 18th May 2010 at 14:21. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Old 12th July 2011, 09:56   #749
BHPian

Ford Figo- Excessive Delay In delivery, Please Advise me.

There is only one Ford dealer for 4 districts including my district.

I have Booked Ford Figo TDCI ZXI on 3rd June 2011 with him. The delivery period discussed was about 25 to 30 days. even after 40 odd days there is no sign of delivery. When I inquired in dealership they told me that Ford have not billed/Dispatched car from factory and they cant predict when it will be. After billing information has reached to dealership it will take about 1 week to reach the car to dealership and 1 week to complete PDI and registration formalities. Hence its sure that car will not be delivered to me by jul 2011 end.

I inquired with my friends and relatives in other near by cities, they told that its available in stock can be delivered next day of Full Payment. So reached to Ford cust care through FordFigo facebook page and through mail. They took one week to checkout and yesterday they told that they cant do any thing about it as per Ford policy Ford allocates quota to dealership and dealership is suppose to deliver cars as per their own schedule. Then I contacted a dealership, which one of my friend has suggested earlier and is almost 250 KM away, they confirmed that If I bring full amount with me then they can deliver car next day. Again I contacted Ford cust care and told them these facts. They expressed their inability to force Dealer about delivery and bluntly told that I can cancel booking with him and I can buy from dealer in Other city. They assured me that there will not be any service issues in my city. The other city dealer is ready to deliver the car with temp registration and I can register it in my city.

1. Since I am canceling booking with Our City dealer they may cause unnecessary delays in tackling service Issues.
2. They may charge me extra by doing extra work than actually required.
3. In case of some manufacturing defects are detected they may refuse and ask me to go to dealership who has delivered.

In all these cases it will cost me a bomb since I have to travel all the way 250 KM to and fro and waste 2 days for each such issue.

Please share your experience/views on fear in my mind, I need to take decision soon.
Old 12th July 2011, 10:23   #750
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Figo- Excessive Delay In delivery, Please Advise me.

Any Ford authorized workshop MUST attend to your car as long as it's under warranty, so just because you cancelled your booking with the local dealer he cannot refuse to service/repair your car. If the local workshop refuses to attend to your car (whether for manufacturing defects, periodic/routine servicing or any other complaints), you can go to the consumer redressal forum for refusal to honour the warranty commitment.

The local dealer would still earn out of servicing your car (meaning a regular income, not necessarily overcharging you), so I doubt if he would refuse to service your car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks