Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 21:19   #1
BHPian

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues

Congrats to all those who have booked the car.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:47   #2
BHPian

I took a TD of the diesel today.
Since I own a WagonR petrol, I'll make a comparison with it.
-Dunno if it was just me, but I didnt find much difference from my Wagon-R in the suspension department. My WagonR is only 25000KM old. The road was probably very smooth.
-Pickup is very good, I was able to see an instant acceleration even in the higher gears.
-AC is very very good. I'd say 20-30% better than the WagonR.
-Stereo is also at par with my old Pioneer. Of course only the radio was running.
-The guy sitting next to me told me that 300 had been booked so far.
-Switchgear is superior to the WagonR.
-The door opens and closes with an odd thunk, but thats more than enough. Very solid.
-I ran it over some deep potholes and though the car lurched, it was was quick to regain composure. This is unlike the WagonR where it feels like the wheels fell out.
-The Coral dashboard is not bad at all.
-The center console is full of buttons. Very thoughtful. Bluetooth can handle 4 phones with full address book access and call log. I'm impressed.

Overall, I'm quite fine with the car and its features. I would go for Petrol Zxi mostly as I dont want to burn too much cash. No Employee discounts is disappointing.
Will wait for March to end before I decide.

-------------------------------------------------
The calculation by methecupid is correct. It does take 4-5 years to slowly recover the cost of the diesel. Plus maintenance is more in diesel.

I drive 600KM per month and a petrol is perfectly fine for me. If you consider only fuel cost, I get approx 3 years of free petrol(Rs.100000/Rs.36000) if I don't buy the diesel.

Plus if you're a city driver with a very occasional long drive, the Figo petrol is exactly tuned for that.

Last edited by Brix : 12th March 2010 at 14:50.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:54   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Since I own a WagonR petrol, I'll make a comparison with it.
Hey Brix

Nice report.

So your's is the silver Wagon-R (With 'Live To Drive' sticker) parked outside MPL Ford-Taramani sometime before?
Old 12th March 2010, 16:05   #4
BHPian

Yep - that was me.

Were you the thin guy in the Sports shoes who took the earlier test drive?

What was your feeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Hey Brix

Nice report.

So your's is the silver Wagon-R (With 'Live To Drive' sticker) parked outside MPL Ford-Taramani sometime before?
Old 12th March 2010, 16:21   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yep - that was me.

Were you the thin guy in the Sports shoes who took the earlier test drive?

What was your feeling?
Cool then. I'll PM you.

No, I haven't driven the car yet. Planning to do so tomorrow. It's for a friend of mine who's almost sold on the Figo. I'm still wondering if it's better for him to take it now or wait for the corporate discounts (Non Ford. Wipro).
Old 12th March 2010, 16:58   #6
BHPian

my heart goes for the Figo Diesel, however will be mostly city driven and occasionally on highways, probably just about 1000 kms a month. initally, may increase later on.

Reason for going for Diesel,one is the engine - in love with it, the power in it is awesome. Also, competitor petrol cars are either 30k less than Diesel Zxi or even more than figo diesel.
What do you guys suggest? has anyone driven both petrol and diesel? is the petrol driving similar to diesel??
Am planning to book it so any response would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Cool then. I'll PM you.

No, I haven't driven the car yet. Planning to do so tomorrow. It's for a friend of mine who's almost sold on the Figo. I'm still wondering if it's better for him to take it now or wait for the corporate discounts (Non Ford. Wipro).
Hi Kishore,

I do not see any scope of considerable discounts being offered, at least in next 6 months or so. The price itself is very competitive now.

Again, this is just my personal opinion.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Me too from the same dealer .

Quote:
-Dunno if it was just me, but I didnt find much difference from my Wagon-R in the suspension department. My WagonR is only 25000KM old. The road was probably very smooth.
I drove it in the rough patches outside Taramani railway station and found the suspension pretty decent.

Quote:
-The guy sitting next to me told me that 300 had been booked so far.
The same guy said 400 had been booked so far when i went

Quote:
No Employee discounts is disappointing.
Yep no discounts watsover. They don't even have an exchange offer running for the figo.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Yep no discounts watsover. They don't even have an exchange offer running for the figo.
What about their standard 10K loyalty discount which is available on other Ford vehicles?
Old 12th March 2010, 17:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
What about their standard 10K loyalty discount which is available on other Ford vehicles?
I was told that this doesn't apply for the figo. Not sure though.

Also i found the registration, life tax to be on the higher side at MPL. Including the extended warranty this comes to Rs.40262/- for the petrol LXI in which the EW is about Rs.3500.

Last edited by Mission_Safari : 12th March 2010 at 17:29.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Will the royalty be 20k incase 2 Ford cars are being owned?
Old 12th March 2010, 17:34   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Hi Kishore,

I do not see any scope of considerable discounts being offered, at least in next 6 months or so. The price itself is very competitive now.

Again, this is just my personal opinion.
Quote:

So the unanimous view (Even from inside sources) is not to dream of discounts for a while. Brighter side is, it's already priced well.

Since couple of Fiesta owners have TD the Figo, I would like to hear the differences between the Fiesta and the Figo.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:34   #13
BANNED

If anyone wants to get a figo in delhi/NCR , the fastest way is to contact south city ford, They as of today have only 40 bookings with them.

Go & meet deepak rana, he is the team leader there.

If you are going there, just pm me so that i can give you more details.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told that this doesn't apply for the figo. Not sure though.

Also i found the registration, life tax to be on the higher side at MPL. Including the extended warranty this comes to Rs.40262/- for the petrol LXI in which the EW is about Rs.3500.
Go with the dealer that offers the lesser rate. Lifetax/Regn charges should be identical at both places, so obviously MPL is charging a higher 'RTO Bribe' margin. I didn't buy at CF for reasons other than price.

Anachronix, myself and probably a couple of other BHP-ians bought our Fiestas from a guy at MPL Nandanam. Dude is very straight forward and knowledgeable. PM me if you want his number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Will the royalty be 20k incase 2 Ford cars are being owned?
Good question. I don't know. I do know one travel agency that owns about 50 Ikons. They should be getting an Ikon free if that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
If anyone wants to get a figo in delhi/NCR , the fastest way is to contact south city ford, They as of today have only 40 bookings with them.

Go & meet deepak rana, he is the team leader there.

If you are going there, just pm me so that i can give you more details.
What's the dealer scene in Chennai? Will MPL or CF deliver faster? MPL is claiming 400 as of now. I went to the CF yard at Poonamalee yesterday. There were only 2 Figos standing there. I went with visions of seeing 100s. I wonder where they have stashed away the rest of the Figos. Have deliveries to the dealers started?

Last edited by Gilead : 12th March 2010 at 17:49.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:54   #15
BHPian

Thanks for that tip. Nandanam is close to my place. If I decide to buy it, I'll choose that dealership.

Quote:
Anachronix, myself and probably a couple of other BHP-ians bought our Fiestas from a guy at MPL Nandanam. Dude is very straight forward and knowledgeable. PM me if you want his number.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks