Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 13:41   #91
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Jus got over with the Payment process. Have got the loan approved and payed at MPL Ford.
otr 569493
loan amount 484000(SBH)
Cash 85493 (up front paid by me)
Dealer said the car is allotted to me, and will reach them mostly by 25th

Zxi , Diesel, Colorado Red.

Asked for the VIN number, sales person said, they would get it only when the Car is available.
My question is if the car is alloted wouldn't they have the VIN??

Anyone else booked in Nandanam MPL ford???
Old 19th March 2010, 13:47   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn
To conclude , my friend who was looking for a vehicle booked Ford figo , after test driving , beat , Figo and Polo . He booked Zxi - White - diesel .
5.92 On road Blore .

Originally Posted by GileadCongrats to your friend. But wait a second, the ZXi TDCI costs 5.92 on road in Bangalore?
Yea yea the road taxes here is the highest in the country !

Regarding the accident , Incidently i was there in the Ford showroom - Bannargetta road Blore when it happend . They shut down the showroom immediately . I couldnt get more details . Not a good thing at all .
Old 19th March 2010, 14:11   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post

Ford dealers normally do not allot VIN because most of the time the car is readily available in their yards. This process will probably change with the Figo. I bet they would get a big delivery of Figos with several Reds. Cosy up to your sales guy and go to the yard and take a look at all the Reds and pick one that you like the best. Note down the VIN and ask them to allot that to you.
Old 19th March 2010, 14:30   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Ford dealers normally do not allot VIN because most of the time the car is readily available in their yards. This process will probably change with the Figo. I bet they would get a big delivery of Figos with several Reds. Cosy up to your sales guy and go to the yard and take a look at all the Reds and pick one that you like the best. Note down the VIN and ask them to allot that to you.
I did ask them their response was that the about 20 vehicles are being deliverd in the first lot and mine would be in the second lot. Will def chk up

Can we call the owners of Figo as Figonians ?? what say. sounds cool
Old 19th March 2010, 14:41   #95
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

I think MPL yard in on the Velachery - Tambaram road. It is always better to go to the yard and select. Better to get a commitment from the sales guy to take to the yard before booking.
Old 19th March 2010, 14:48   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Jus got over with the Payment process. Have got the loan approved and payed at MPL Ford.
otr 569493
loan amount 484000(SBH)
Cash 85493 (up front paid by me)
Dealer said the car is allotted to me, and will reach them mostly by 25th

Zxi , Diesel, Colorado Red.

Asked for the VIN number, sales person said, they would get it only when the Car is available.

Congrats on your payment. Hope you get your car soon.

But I am not able to understnad 1 thing. Why are all people going overboard to make the full payment when the car has not been alloted, forget about seeing in person?

Once they get the full payment, all the onus of getting the car delivered comes to the buyer from the dealer. The dealer can take its own sweet time to finally give the car to you.

What I did is that I paid the full amount + handed over the signed regn. document, only after I did the PRI (pre-reg check) in the stockyard. In this way, at least I ensured:
1. I see the car in flesh before I pay & buy
2. There is no waiting period nightmares, haggling with the dealer, etc.
3. Limit the amount the frickle mindedness & forgetfulness a dealer can show to you.

Last edited by mayukh : 19th March 2010 at 14:49.
Old 19th March 2010, 14:50   #97
BANNED

I just got a call from my dealer, he told me the following

They got a call from ford that i have complained about non-delivery of the vehicle. Ford told them that there is a delay of one month for squeeze and sea grey color. Also another one month for black dashboard.
Old 19th March 2010, 14:51   #98
BHPian

I didnt know one could do that ! I thought the onus was always on the dealer.
And choosing the car from the yard - thats news to me.

I expect the dealer to remain high handed if I ask him all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
What I did is that I paid the full amount + handed over the signed regn. document, only after I did the PRI (pre-reg check) in the stockyard. In this way, at least I ensured:
1. I see the car in flesh before I pay & buy
2. There is no waiting period nightmares, haggling with the dealer, etc.
3. Limit the amount the frickle mindedness & forgetfulness a dealer can show to you.
Old 19th March 2010, 14:57   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post

They got a call from ford that i have complained about non-delivery of the vehicle. Ford told them that there is a delay of one month for squeeze and sea grey color. Also another one month for black dashboard.
Isn't that frustrating? But nothing much could be done other than being patient if Ford themselves had said there will be a delay. But, looking at the positive, Ford has reacted promptly to your complaint and has updated you of the real status rather leaving you in the lurch.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:01   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I think MPL yard in on the Velachery - Tambaram road. It is always better to go to the yard and select. Better to get a commitment from the sales guy to take to the yard before booking.
Yes, it's somewhere in the Pallikarni area. It was the rainy season when I bought my car and apparently that yard had become a swamp. i had someone go there and do a visual inspection of the three Aquarius 1.6S they had there and selected one. Coincidentally, another BHP-ian wanted the same car that evening, but it was already mine by then.

Quote:

But I am not able to understnad 1 thing. Why are all people going overboard to make the full payment when the car has not been alloted, forget about seeing in person?
Even I made my full payment after seeing the car in person, but the Fiesta moves in relatively low volumes compared to what we are seeing for the Figo. The dealers probably have an upper hand and may insist on full payment for early delivery etc. But I agree that full payment should be made only seeing the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post

Sorry to hear about that. Planning to change colors or wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post

You can definitely choose one from the yard. Just ask your sales guy. He may not be able to come with you to the yard, but you can go yourself. Don't be too shocked at the sorry state of the cars in the yard.

Last edited by Gilead : 19th March 2010 at 15:03.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:01   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post

Brix,

I did not say I chose the car in the yard. I just saw the car alloted to me in flesh in the yard and then paid the full amount. Do you find anything wrong in that?

Also, as per several other threads & posts here, there are cases where the dealers juggles about the delivery date after they received full payment. I am not saying in true sense that the onus of delivery comes to the owner. I meant to say the owner has to run behind the dealer to know the actual date of delivery.

About the high handedness, I did not feel anything like that. My dealer (my sales exec in particular) happily obliged with most of the demands/requests/clarifications I had during the entire process of car buying.

Please let me know if you think otherwise.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:08   #102
BHPian

Quote:

But I am not able to understand 1 thing. Why are all people going overboard to make the full payment when the car has not been allotted, forget about seeing in person?
I took a bank loan for 85% of the money, once i got the bank loan amount. I paid it to them so that there is no hassle from my side and they don't make that as a point to deliver the car. Also, i was told the allotment is as per the amount of money paid, hence i didnt wait until i saw the car.
I hope they keep their word, i was told when i booked that it will be not before second week of April. However, they said the car has been alloted but the VIN number will be given once the vehicles reach their yard.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:09   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Isn't that frustrating? But nothing much could be done other than being patient if Ford themselves had said there will be a delay. But, looking at the positive, Ford has reacted promptly to your complaint and has updated you of the real status rather leaving you in the lurch.
I didn't actually complaint. I posted about this here and mustang esquired it and it turned out to be a complaint to my dealer. I don't know how is they going to feel about me.

I was ready to wait for one or two week and then complaint. But now two months for zxi petrol squeeze with black dash.

I didn't expect this from ford.

You don't know how long i have been waiting for a car. I am now just patient less. I am waiting with my money for last one year buying a car. I waited for my estilo for 4 months and cancelled my booking in January due to non-delivery and waited till now for figo. Now again wait.

Mustang.101 can you help me?

My friends are now laughing at me when i talk about my new car (Also my family).

Last edited by mkerala : 19th March 2010 at 15:11.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:18   #104
BHPian

Quote:
I took a bank loan for 85% of the money, once i got the bank loan amount. I paid it to them so that there is no hassle from my side and they don't make that as a point to deliver the car. Also, i was told the allotment is as per the amount of money paid, hence i didnt wait until i saw the car.
I hope they keep their word, i was told when i booked that it will be not before second week of April. However, they said the car has been alloted but the VIN number will be given once the vehicles reach their yard.
I sincerely hope that they will keep their words. I am not saying that all dealers are bad. In fact, they may even surprise you by doing pre-dated delivery. Hope for the best.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:31   #105
BHPian

No offence mayukh.

I'm quite new to the protocols of buying a new car and I didn't know my rights.

Very useful information - am now an empowered customer.

I just hope we can exhort the same rights during service.

Quote:
Brix,

I did not say I chose the car in the yard. I just saw the car alloted to me in flesh in the yard and then paid the full amount. Do you find anything wrong in that?

Also, as per several other threads & posts here, there are cases where the dealers juggles about the delivery date after they received full payment. I am not saying in true sense that the onus of delivery comes to the owner. I meant to say the owner has to run behind the dealer to know the actual date of delivery.

About the high handedness, I did not feel anything like that. My dealer (my sales exec in particular) happily obliged with most of the demands/requests/clarifications I had during the entire process of car buying.

Please let me know if you think otherwise.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed