Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 17:03   #151
BANNED

@BRIX

Ques.My driver told me that diesel cars will lead to aches and pains due to vibrations. I know thats funny to some people, but he being in the trade made this point. How much of a true statement is that?

Ans: Not True.

Ques. The showroom person said that the service is 1 year/10000KM. I was quite taken aback as I give my WagonR thrice a year and I dont even run 10K KM for a year.

Ans: This part is true, The service interval after the first service is One year/10000kms whichever is earlier

Ques My Dad, being in the Oil industry mentioned that the Petrol prices are going to take another hike - but diesel prices will remain the same(contrary to someone mentioning about a Parekh report). So ultimately, the running costs are going to be very low for diesel cars almost always.
Question is - what are the OTHER associated costs of having a diesel car.

Ans: Yes, If petrol prices rise by '3x' amount then diesel prices rise by only 'x' amount.
Some ford service parts are slightly more expensive for diesel in comparison to petrol.
However the average difference is just 15%.

Ques The showroom person mentioned that the maintenance of a diesel car is slightly more than that of petrol, say Rs.500-800 per service. Thats all is the difference, everything else is saving. Even diesel enjoys a higher resale value. How much truth is there in all these statement?

Ans: Well for the figo, The diesel service will be just Rs.250 more expensive for diesel than petrol .
Yes the resale prices of ford diesel are much more than ford petrol cars.
For eg. If i want to sell my 8 year old Ikon 1.6 Zxi to a car dealer in delhi, He does not even offer Rs.80000 for it even though the car is in mint condition with absolutely new tires & a mileage of just 70000 kms.

This being said i still prefer the driving experience of my Ikon 1.6 & will replace it only with the upcoming fiesta & no other car.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 21st March 2010 at 17:13.
Old 21st March 2010, 17:21   #152
BANNED

Krishna Chaitanya on facebook requested me the following to me.

"i have seen u on Team-BHP and i am requesting a help from u....as i am not a member of that community (waiting for approval)....i would like you to make a complaint to Mustang on Team-BHP about the Delivery post-pone....Details : MODY FORD, BEGUMPET, HYD. and the sales guy RAKESH's Cell no : 9885915009....complaint on behalf of Dr.V.Sivananda (my Dad)....

P.S : I have already paid the full amount as the sales guy said he would hand me the Car next day i.e March 16th....now he says "at the end of this month"...

Anybody here from ford please help krishan. He is checking this thread regularly. Also krishnan you can call the customer care and complain. Also the delivery of figo is just started, and some variants and colour have delay. Even my car is delayed to the same date even i booked it on 18 February.

Last edited by mkerala : 21st March 2010 at 17:25.
Old 21st March 2010, 17:27   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Thanks for the inputs friends.

@Captain Slow : Thank you for that info. Can you please post (or PM me) the breakup of Metro Ford's quote ? I don't think switching dealers is an option at this point since I'm expecting my vehicle to arrive in the next few days. And unless Metro can deliver a vehicle before the 31st, I stand to lose about 3% because of the tax increase. So what I'm planning to do is to try arm-twist them a bit based on the price figures from other dealers. (My booking was done before the price list was released, so I haven't talked prices with them yet, they just e-mailed me the price list)
Kala, metro ford is expecting a new lot of cars to be coming by the middle of next week. Thats when even I'm expecting my car also. So I think the sales person should be able to get you a car before the month end.
From what I was told the Titanium in petrol is the slowest mover.
My conditions were the same, I want my car before the month end.
Have you already paid up for your car at Lathangi ? what was the on road ? If you haven't then maybe you could switch.
Cost of the 1.2 Titanium
Ex showroom 4,42900
Road Tax 58,615
Comprehnsive Insurance 13,209
3 year + esst pack 4,090
service charges 4,500

total 5,23314 (on road)

Last edited by Captain Slow : 21st March 2010 at 17:31.
Old 21st March 2010, 17:30   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
.i would like you to make a complaint to Mustang on Team-BHP about the Delivery post-pone....Details : MODY FORD, BEGUMPET, HYD. and the sales guy RAKESH's Cell no : 9885915009....complaint on behalf of Dr.V.Sivananda (my Dad)....

P.S : I have already paid the full amount as the sales guy said he would hand me the Car next day i.e March 16th....now he says "at the end of this month"...
See mkerala if i keep taking complaints here then it would be difficult for me to do anything else, Please tell him what i told you on my behalf.
Old 21st March 2010, 17:35   #155
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
See mkerala if i keep taking complaints here then it would be difficult for me to do anything else, Please tell him what i told you on my behalf.
Yes i know that, so i have already said in my post any guys from ford here to help him. brix had the post below. So i don't want to bother you again. You are always helpful to this community providing information and keeping as updated almost real-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
You beat me to it.

Yes - if anyone has an issue, don't be quiet about it. Let us know.

kiku007, mission_safari, mustang101 or Me - can help. We can raise a Service Issue Tracker on your behalf.
Also recently i got this reply from Krishna

"Sir, I have already lodged a compliant to Ford Customer Care 2 days ago.
But, unfortunately no response.
I have paid Money for a White Figo, Titanium, Diesel with EBONY (Black) IP."

it's ok Sir, if Mustang is not interested....anyways Thank you !

Last edited by mkerala : 21st March 2010 at 17:43.
Old 21st March 2010, 17:46   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Kala, metro ford is expecting a new lot of cars to be coming by the middle of next week. Thats when even I'm expecting my car also. So I think the sales person should be able to get you a car before the month end.
From what I was told the Titanium in petrol is the slowest mover.
My conditions were the same, I want my car before the month end.
Have you already paid up for your car at Lathangi ? what was the on road ? If you haven't then maybe you could switch.
No I have paid only 25K advance while booking. However the model I have selected is the Titanium Duratorq - not the petrol, and from what I heard the demand for this model is quite high. In any case can you please PM me the contact details of your sales person in Metro ford ? I'll talk to him and see how soon they'll be able to deliver one if I book immediately.
Old 21st March 2010, 19:07   #157
BHPian

Thanks Mustang - I'm going for the Diesel then.

There's an Innova at home, but I didnt know Diesel gave so much joy to so many members. It will be a nice feeling to top the tank and pay lesser and even better to watch the fuel needle stay painted in the same spot on the console(@joe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@BRIX
I'll put the Service request mkerala. On Monday.
Quote:
Yes - it is indeed a Community Service that such forums exist and such members take time out to help each other. An informed customer is an empowered customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Looks like Mustang.101 is one reason why this thread is so alive compared to similar threads. Great job Mustang, though one question. Are you officially deputed by Ford to take queries on Figo by BHPians?

Last edited by Brix : 21st March 2010 at 19:11.
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:57   #158
BHPian

Advice needed from Mustang

@Mustang : Yesterday I booked (Colarado Red ) Titanium Diesel Figo at SC Ford, Goregaon , Mumbai. They told me that it will take April end to deliever my car.Is it Actually taking so much time?

Also they told me story that current cars are Euro III and next batch cars (from which I will get one) will be Euro IV . Is it true? Won't it cause price increase for me.

Also How do I avoid taking insurance from dealer ? It is costing Rs. 20245, which seems on higher side.

Thanks bhai.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:01   #159
BHPian

Bhpians in Chennai, has anyone booked their car or got it delivered? anyone booked from MPL Ford??
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:44   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Bhpians in Chennai, has anyone booked their car or got it delivered? anyone booked from MPL Ford??
I have booked my Figo ZXi Diesel from Chennai Ford. They have promised delivery by this weekend. Hoping they deliver on time.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:55   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantwaghe View Post
@Mustang : Yesterday I booked (Colarado Red ) Titanium Diesel Figo at SC Ford, Goregaon , Mumbai. They told me that it will take April end to deliever my car..
My RTO (Registration charges ) are Rs. 45094 , which is 7 % (Mumbai reg. rate) of Ex-showroom price + Rs. 6200 . What is this extra Rs. 6200 for? Anyone has any idea?
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:12   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
No I have paid only 25K advance while booking. However the model I have selected is the Titanium Duratorq - not the petrol, and from what I heard the demand for this model is quite high. In any case can you please PM me the contact details of your sales person in Metro ford ? I'll talk to him and see how soon they'll be able to deliver one if I book immediately.
Kala I have Pmed you the details. Hope you get your car before the month end too. Keep us updated on the same.
price of the 1.4 Titanium
Ex show room 5,29900
Road Tax 75,980
Insu - 15,604
Estl pack + warr 5190
service charge 4500

Total 6,31174 On road.

ownerofazkaban
I pray so! I hope hope nothing major other than the cosmetics are different compared to the titanium and the lower variants. Maybe Mustang or brix can help us confirm on this?

hemantwaghe
That 6200 is to grease the guys at the RTO so that everything happens smoothly and that there is no delay. I don't think the entire amount would go into greasing but most of it would thats how our RTO's work

Last edited by Captain Slow : 22nd March 2010 at 12:15.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:24   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantwaghe View Post
My RTO (Registration charges ) are Rs. 45094 , which is 7 % (Mumbai reg. rate) of Ex-showroom price + Rs. 6200 . What is this extra Rs. 6200 for? Anyone has any idea?
Its the same everywhere, they charge atleast 6- 7k more than the actuals. They will say pooja costs, number plates etc and etc $$ for the processing at RTO. There is no way around it.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:28   #164
BHPian

Quote:

"i have seen u on Team-BHP and i am requesting a help from u....as i am not a member of that community (waiting for approval)....i would like you to make a complaint to Mustang on Team-BHP about the Delivery post-pone....Details : MODY FORD, BEGUMPET, HYD. and the sales guy RAKESH's Cell no : 9885915009....complaint on behalf of Dr.V.Sivananda (my Dad)....

Anybody here from ford please help krishan. He is checking this thread regularly. Also krishnan you can call the customer care and complain. Also the delivery of figo is just started, and some variants and colour have delay. Even my car is delayed to the same date even i booked it on 18 February.
This is a normal thing in Hyderabad. So ask him not to worry, if some body promises you 1 week timeline expect 1 month and you will be happy.

And nice to see that ford is getting momentum.

Earlier in my office I was the advocate for Ford cars . Now I am not doing it because of some bad experience I had from the dealer when I recommended one of my friend for Ford fiesta. (Infact I gave at least 20 car booking to the ford dealer in Hyderabad by campaigning from my side in the last 2 years). With Ford Figo If I have continued the momentum which I was having ford might have got around 20+ bookings. But right now I think it is only 4-5. Because why I should take some burden. Earlier I was doing it becasue such a nice car going back only becasue of bad marketing and pure ***.

Now I am taking a back seat.
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:36   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
I have booked a Titanium Diesel. Expected date around 15th april.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed