Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:26   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Kairali Ford Kerala is not doing a good job to keep the customers happy.My parents booked Figo Titanium Tdci(chill) and kairali ford kottayam promised to deliver it on March 20th.
NGM, the situation with Bangalore dealers is worse ! In Kerala, 32 cars beig delivered on a single day in Cochin is amazing. Here it is in trickles and the dealer is not giving any commitment. I booked mine on 6 Mar with promise of 20 Mar delivery, now it is all uncertain..."Before month end" is all that they say and I really wonder which month !!! I made call to Ford customer service yesterday, so far no update from them. I don't know if an artificial delay is being created to hype this launch. Or Ford did not anticipate high number of initial bookings and can't meet the demand ? I was one of the very few people ( I believe so !) who booked just after launch without doing TD to get priority delivery before April but all seems in vain. Very frustrating wait for me, which has a major financial implication too if I don't get the car before 1 Apr.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:49   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Kairali Ford Kerala is not doing a good job to keep the customers happy.My parents booked Figo Titanium Tdci(chill) and kairali ford kottayam promised to deliver it on March 20th.Yesterday when we requested for the status,they informed that it will be delayed and they are not able to commit a date for delivery.They even went on to the extend saying that we can cancel the booking.I think it is too early for the ford dealers to be arrogant.I am sure very soon these dealers will spoil the good work done by ford with figo pricing and a VFM car.
If this is the way they are going to behave during booking/delivery ,then the A.S.S is going to be a nightmare .
By tommorow(March 23rd) we will get the latest update about delivery.If it is not satisfactory we will be going the VW Polo way.
Arrogance ! Move on IMHO.

Saw two Figo( one was red, dont remember the other) being driven down to TVM last Sunday . I was on my way to Kollam.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:59   #183
Senior - BHPian

If they actually told you to cancel the booking, you should! What morons. Did you complain to Ford customer care as suggested by Mustang earlier? They will ensure that the dealer gets banged. Tell them that Kairali is advising customers to cancel bookings. That should get their attention. The wait for the Polo might be even longer. It's 3 months in Chennai. Not sure about your place.

Last edited by Gilead : 23rd March 2010 at 11:01.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:17   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
NGM, the situation with Bangalore dealers is worse ! In Kerala, 32 cars beig delivered on a single day in Cochin is amazing. Here it is in trickles and the dealer is not giving any commitment. I booked mine on 6 Mar with promise of 20 Mar delivery, now it is all uncertain..."Before month end" is all that they say and I really wonder which month !!! I made call to Ford customer service yesterday, so far no update from them. I don't know if an artificial delay is being created to hype this launch. Or Ford did not anticipate high number of initial bookings and can't meet the demand ? I was one of the very few people ( I believe so !) who booked just after launch without doing TD to get priority delivery before April but all seems in vain. Very frustrating wait for me, which has a major financial implication too if I don't get the car before 1 Apr.
If indeed your car reached the dealership for delivery on 20th, the dealer could have handed it over to other customer ready to pay premium for immediate delivery. Call up Ford and tell them dealer is not interested in selling the product and asking you to cancel the booking. He will anyways get cancellation amount if you move on.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:43   #185
BHPian

am confused here, why hasn't Ford started delivering cars in other cities, so far only 2 ppl have the car atleast among the Bhpians. Haven't seen a single car on the road in Chennai, guess its the same with other places aswell except Kerala? Why is this happening? Bhpian's in Ford any thoughts on this?
Already, dealerships have started taking a beating in Cochin and Bangalore, i sincerely hope this doesn't transgress into other places.
Is Ford turning blind eye to this? already plagued by questions on its After sales support now the dealership woes? Good Car, VFM will it stop there for Ford?
I have already paid the money in full, dealer has promised me by end of this month and are expecting delivery to their yards from 25th of this month. I hope they keep their word and the issue gets resolved in these two places as one off incident.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:49   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer did you book your car from? Im getting the same response from metro too.

Sometimes I wonder, Maybe I should should have just booked a Ritiz. They had plenty in stock and were ready to give it to me in 2 days
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:53   #187
BHPian

Quote:
NGM, the situation with Bangalore dealers is worse ! In Kerala, 32 cars beig delivered on a single day in Cochin is amazing. Here it is in trickles and the dealer is not giving any commitment. I booked mine on 6 Mar with promise of 20 Mar delivery, now it is all uncertain..."Before month end" is all that they say and I really wonder which month !!! I...
I was in Palace road Metro Ford on Saturday (20-March), and i did see a Red car (not sure petrol or diesel) being readied for delivery on that day. The salesperson also mentioned that they have Petrol versions readily available in stock and can deliver immediately. For TDCi, he said delivery timeline can't be guaranteed .. only that it can happen anytime before end of April.
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:22   #188
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaharshad View Post
As per the first set of on road prices from MPL ford Chennai (pl refer to pg 45 of this thread), insurance works to Rs 19.5k on a Titanium Diesal. However, the latest quotation obtained from them pegs insurance at 15.8 k. Point to note here is the On road price has increased by Rs 700.

The dealer is adding something called "Essential pack" worth 4.5k. This would include mud flaps etc. This was promised even when the first set of prices came out (for free).

What should be done to negotiate with the dealer??
The essential price was quoted 5300 in the link. But yesterday took a new price list in MPL ford and it was 4500. I asked about doing insurance and registration outside. The sales person told - we will discuss with our GM when you book the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
am confused here, why hasn't Ford started delivering cars in other cities, so far only 2 ppl have the car atleast among the Bhpians. Haven't seen a single car on the road in Chennai, guess its the same with other places aswell except Kerala? Why is this happening? Bhpian's in Ford any thoughts on this?
Already, dealerships have started taking a beating in Cochin and Bangalore, i sincerely hope this doesn't transgress into other places.
Is Ford turning blind eye to this? already plagued by questions on its After sales support now the dealership woes? Good Car, VFM will it stop there for Ford?
I have already paid the money in full, dealer has promised me by end of this month and are expecting delivery to their yards from 25th of this month. I hope they keep their word and the issue gets resolved in these two places as one off incident.
Yes no cars seen in chennai except the demo ones. In chennai MPL ford says deliveries are started from yesterday and people will see more figos this week. Asked about any delivery delays - they said only Sea grey is having problem. Maraimalai Nagar (Ford Plan) to MPL ford and Chennai Ford will be less than 75 Kms and surprise to note that none are seen in Chennai.
Peroid. Very sad to see customer complaints about dealers even before deliveries. Ford has to take stern action immediately otherwise their immense effort put on Figo will go waste.
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:30   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Which dealer did you book your car from? Im getting the same response from metro too.

Sometimes I wonder, Maybe I should should have just booked a Ritiz. They had plenty in stock and were ready to give it to me in 2 days
Captain, I booked at Lathangi Ford. On this forum, I haven't seen very good comments about them, still I chose it as it is just 4 km from where I work. Metro was supposed to be better, but now you too are getting same response ! I am literally breathing down the neck of sales people, making 2 - 3 calls per day. Just now I called again and they put me through to their manager. He asked me to call again after 4 PM today as they are supposed to get some delivery details by that time. Really, something is not right in all this..Ford started production in Feb and by this time they should have about 6 - 7K cars ready for delivery. Where are all these cars ??!! Not many are found on road and dealers too giving wishy washy answers. Mustang, Kiku and other Ford guys on this forum - any inside news on this ?
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:49   #190
BHPian

Is all these delivery related issues something to do with BOSCH strike/lockout (now seems to be over)? 4,000 Bosch employees go on strike; losses Rs 1,000 cr
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:50   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
am confused here, why hasn't Ford started delivering cars in other cities, so far only 2 ppl have the car atleast among the Bhpians.
Deliveries have started in Chennai from yesterday. MPL delivered 15 cars yesterday, 11 of them to Ford employees. Apparently there is a delay at the RTO end as well which further delayed deliveries. Even the Punto and i20 had RTO issues when they were launched if I am not mistaken. Ford should have taken care of this before opening up sales. MPL has a target of delivering 350 cars by 1st week of April apparently. Not sure how they will manage that. They have 580 bookings as of today. For a person booking today, delivery will take till end of April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Question for the good samaritans from Ford:

Will older vehicles with BS III norms like the Fiesta Petrol Sxi I got in Dec 2009, be able to cope up with new, cleaner fuel going to be in vogue from April 1st onwards?
If so, any performance/power/whatever else downsides to the same?
There will be no issues at all. Keep putting System G as recommended by Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Is all these delivery related issues something to do with BOSCH strike/lockout (now seems to be over)? 4,000 Bosch employees go on strike; losses Rs 1,000 cr
This could affect future deliveries at Ford and other manufacturers as well. But close to 5K Figos have already been manufactured so they should be good in the short term at least.

Last edited by Gilead : 23rd March 2010 at 14:00.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:02   #192
BHPian

When i contacted the dealer, they mentioned that a few cars of reached their yard and would go out to those who have booked their cars earlier. MPL said they are expecting a larger lot of cars between 25th and 30th.
And, my car would also be among the lot expected from 25th, seems like some price hike owing to registration or lifetax increase from April 1st. Any thoughts on that
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:04   #193
Senior - BHPian

I heard black color is not availabe currently in Bangalore! is it true?
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:06   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When i contacted the dealer, they mentioned that a few cars of reached their yard and would go out to those who have booked their cars earlier. MPL said they are expecting a larger lot of cars between 25th and 30th.
And, my car would also be among the lot expected from 25th, seems like some price hike owing to registration or lifetax increase from April 1st. Any thoughts on that
No road tax hike mentioned in the TN budget which was presented last week.

Yours should be among the 350 odd cars they are planning to deliver by the 1st week. Looks like Ford's own employees have used their influence and cornered the first batch of cars.

Last edited by Gilead : 23rd March 2010 at 14:07.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:15   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I heard black color is not availabe currently in Bangalore! is it true?
Last week I saw one Panther Black Figo at Lathangi Ford. It was supposed to be delivered on that day or soon.

Regarding RTO issues - if at least one car has been delivered, that means RTO approval etc has been cleared, right ? So this should not be a problem in Bangalore. ( Assuming that the 3 odd cars I saw in Lathangi Ford last week was indeed for customer delivery as they told)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks