Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:21   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
I was in Palace road Metro Ford on Saturday (20-March), and i did see a Red car (not sure petrol or diesel) being readied for delivery on that day. The salesperson also mentioned that they have Petrol versions readily available in stock and can deliver immediately. For TDCi, he said delivery timeline can't be guaranteed .. only that it can happen anytime before end of April.

ScanD can you please PM me the name of this sales person ?? I have booked a petrol from these guys on 16 and I still haven't got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Captain, I booked at Lathangi Ford. On this forum, I haven't seen very good comments about them, still I chose it as it is just 4 km from where I work. Metro was supposed to be better, but now you too are getting same response ! I am literally breathing down the neck of sales people, making 2 - 3 calls per day. Just now I called again and they put me through to their manager. He asked me to call again after 4 PM today as they are supposed to get some delivery details by that time. Really, something is not right in all this..Ford started production in Feb and by this time they should have about 6 - 7K cars ready for delivery. Where are all these cars ??!! Not many are found on road and dealers too giving wishy washy answers. Mustang, Kiku and other Ford guys on this forum - any inside news on this ?
Very true Revy, I will heading off from work now and will surely make a stop at metro to find out whats happening!
I feel they are stocking up on the cars and waiting for the price/tax hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I heard black color is not availabe currently in Bangalore! is it true?
That better not be true! I have booked a black one
Any of the ford guys can you please comment on this?
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:28   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding RTO issues - if at least one car has been delivered, that means RTO approval etc has been cleared, right ? So this should not be a problem in Bangalore. ( Assuming that the 3 odd cars I saw in Lathangi Ford last week was indeed for customer delivery as they told)
If you saw a car with regular license plates, then we can safely assume RTO formalities are complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I feel they are stocking up on the cars and waiting for the price/tax hike.
Ford would be really dumb to hike prices so soon. And the road tax hike goes to the state govt. Dealer does not gain anything out of it. I would suggest you visit the yard and see if they are stocking up for yourself.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:43   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
No road tax hike mentioned in the TN budget which was presented last week.

Yours should be among the 350 odd cars they are planning to deliver by the 1st week. Looks like Ford's own employees have used their influence and cornered the first batch of cars.
Sorry for those who have to wait for the car, but on a hingsight, if there are employees buying the car for themselves, that itself is a good vouching for the car and its VFM factors. (Something for which Ford became very popular in the 20th century)

It shows how they belive the car would be good for them.. I am sure these guys would not be managerial ones, they surely must be less than that level..
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:08   #199
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Kairali Ford Kerala is not doing a good job to keep the customers happy.My parents booked Figo Titanium Tdci(chill) and kairali ford kottayam promised to deliver it on March 20th.Yesterday when we requested for the status,they informed that it will be delayed and they are not able to commit a date for delivery.
By tommorow(March 23rd) we will get the latest update about delivery.If it is not satisfactory we will be going the VW Polo way.
You will be charged a good amount for cancellation by that dealer. Call up the customer care.

Quote:
I booked mine on 6 Mar with promise of 20 Mar delivery, now it is all uncertain..."Before month end" is all that they say and I really wonder which month !!! I made call to Ford customer service yesterday, so far no update from them. I don't know if an artificial delay is being created to hype this launch. Very frustrating wait for me, which has a major financial implication too if I don't get the car before 1 Apr.
In kerala only delivery at cochin had taken place, we are still waiting.

I think ford is having advanced April fool.

Very body here is complaining about the deliveries, actually what is happening at for? Mustang we expect an insider information on this soon.

Last edited by mkerala : 23rd March 2010 at 15:11.
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:19   #200
Senior - BHPian

Give them some time guys. Ford was never a high numbers player. Give them a little bit of time. I dont understand why people who are willing to wait for decades for a model from maruti start getting disturbed when some other brands car is delayed. Its a just launched model with good market response. It will obviously take some time to get things running smoothly.

Its funny how when maruti does this it becomes a "hot selling car" and when it happens with someone else its a "Complaint"!!!

Chill Guys. (Yes!.Pun Intended)
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:23   #201
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Give them some time guys. Ford was never a high numbers player. Give them a little bit of time. I dont understand why people who are willing to wait for decades for a model from maruti start getting disturbed when some other brands car is delayed. Its a just launched model with good market response. It will obviously take some time to get things running smoothly.

Its funny how when maruti does this it becomes a "hot selling car" and when it happens with someone else its a "Complaint"!!!

Its 3 weeks after the launch and i or we booked even a month before that and has not deliver it.

If they have delay they should say it, not to fool us by postponing the dates.

I have waited for 4 months for estilo and then cancelled it and waited for figo and booked it.

Ford have started production in February so they have nearly 10k cars ready, but why are not they delivering it?
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:29   #202
BHPian

Quote:

Gemi, when did you make your booking ? If you did it in first week of March and already got delivered, you are too lucky ! In Bangalore, a lot of booking should have happened in first week of March when the shocker of VAT increase from 1 Apr was announced in state budget. If not for that, I would not mind waiting for a week or two extra. The dealer should not be making unrealistic commitments, especially in such a situation. They know the booking volume and if they had told me that delivery before month end was not possible, I had no choice but accept it. Now it is like a mirage with the dealer giving no commitment. Even if Maruti or any other company does this, feeling would be same !
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:11   #203
BHPian

Who is the Preferred Insurance Partner for Ford?

Ex: IFFCO TOKYO is the preferred insurer for Lanson Toyota. Easier on the claims.
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:14   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
In kerala only delivery at cochin had taken place, we are still waiting.

I think ford is having advanced April fool.
I think Cochin is the only place where there was a mass delivery and that was because they had to put up a show for Nigel Wark. Deliveries are happening at a trickle even in Chennai where the factory is only 50 kms away.

Quote:
Well put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Ford have started production in February so they have nearly 10k cars ready, but why are not they delivering it?
I don't think it's as simple as that. People are getting deliveries slowly. The dealer has no reason to stock up cars in his yard for fun. He will soon be bankrupt if he did that. Most probably the cars are in transit right now. I would expect a minimum of one month waiting period for a newly launched car for a regular customer. Some will always get it early due to influence etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Who is the Preferred Insurance Partner for Ford?

Ex: IFFCO TOKYO is the preferred insurer for Lanson Toyota. Easier on the claims.
I would suggest Bajaj Allianz. Shaju and I had a good experience with them. Absolutely hassle free.

Last edited by Gilead : 23rd March 2010 at 16:16.
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:30   #205
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think it's as simple as that. People are getting deliveries slowly. The dealer has no reason to stock up cars in his yard for fun. He will soon be bankrupt if he did that. Most probably the cars are in transit right now. I would expect a minimum of one month waiting period for a newly launched car for a regular customer. Some will always get it early due to influence etc.
The problem is with Lathangi, they knowingly commit dates which can not fulfill(such as with in a week). Because of this people are restless. It was the same situation with me for Fiesta SXI. They gave a week delivery date (End of Feb). I will now get it in Mid of April. It would have saved lots of issue had I knew it was in April. I had told everyone in my native that I will have my new car to a family function in March end!

Hope Ford takes a note of their dealer practice. I am sure most will still book Figo for its VFM, and even wait. But dealer should give right info instead of committing stupid dates.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:35   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
It was the same situation with me for Fiesta SXI. They gave a week delivery date (End of Feb). I will now get it in Mid of April. It would have saved lots of issue had I knew it was in April. I had told everyone in my native that I will have my new car to a family function in March end!
Fiestas should be readily available or take a week at the max. Are you a Sea Gray case by any chance? In that case, I don't think even the dealer would have known about the delay for that color when the booking was made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Nothing new is required for the vehicle, Your vehicle performance will be the same as it is currently. Also i advice people here to not use additives like system G & system D for ford vehicles as this is strictly not recommended(by ford) for your vehicle & if detected may void the warranty of your car.
You have obviously not seen the Fiesta owners manual. It recommends addition of System G. Even the A.S.S guys keep harping on this. I have no idea what the Figo manual says though.

Last edited by Gilead : 23rd March 2010 at 17:40.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:42   #207
BANNED

Quote:
Fiestas should be readily available or take a week at the max. Are you a Sea Gray case by any chance? In that case, I don't think even the dealer would have known about the delay for that color when the booking was made.

You have obviously not seen the Fiesta owners manual. It recommends addition of System G. Even the A.S.S guys keep harping on this. I have no idea what the Figo manual says though.
Fiestas will take some time to deliver as the conversion from BS-3 to BS-4 is going on.

Does the fiesta manual actually say that?

My Fusion manual says whatever i just said. Maybe for fiesta its different then as my ikon & fusion manual say that not to add any additives.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:43   #208
BHPian

Just now spoke to MPL Ford, Insurance tied with 5 Companies all offer comprehensive coverage.
1. New India Assurance
2. Bajaja Alliance
3. Iffco Tokio
4. Cholamandalam
5 Royal Sundaram.

4 of them are privatised the one is nationalised.
What do you guys suggest? go for the private ones or the nationalised ones?

Also, so far only 4 vehicles have been delivered after registration

Last edited by scorpio07 : 23rd March 2010 at 17:44. Reason: additon of content
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:45   #209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Just now spoke to MPL Ford, Insurance tied with 5 Companies all offer comprehensive coverage.
1. New India Assurance
2. Bajaja Alliance
3. Iffco Tokio
4. Cholamandalam
5 Royal Sundaram.

4 of them are privatised the one is nationalised.
What do you guys suggest? go for the private ones or the nationalised ones?

Also, so far only 4 vehicles have been delivered after registration

Anyone out of the first 3
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:47   #210
BHPian

@ Mustang : As mentioned earlier I have booked Red Titanium Diesel Figo at Goregaon(Mumbai) SC Ford on 21st March. They are saying deliv by end-April. Is there problem with Titanium Diesel supply?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed