Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 22:13   #241
Senior - BHPian

^ I have booked a Petrol Exi here in bangalore. Me too waiting for mine. Same story as the rest of the guys waiting! they promised my delivery before the month end now its a wait! I really dont want to pay the extra 1.5-2% hike on April. (VAT+road tax)
Hoping for some good news tomorrow.

The Petrol engine is a bit sluggish but for city drive its more than enough. More on this when I get my car.
will keep you all updated

Last edited by Captain Slow : 25th March 2010 at 22:15.
Old 26th March 2010, 09:06   #242
Senior - BHPian

@rangaraj, I share your pain. In Bangalore we have two totally callous dealers for Ford. I had test driven, liked and almost ready to book a Fiesta 2 months back. The dealers specially Metro did not show any interest. I had to call up the sales executive multiple times for the details. He never bothered to return my calls.Lathangi was a shade better. I was perplexed by their attitude even on a not so hot model like Fiesta. I had written detailed mail to Ford indicating this but got no resolution.
Old 26th March 2010, 10:18   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagenix View Post
Booked Red Figo Titanium Diesel at Lathangi on 6th March.
Was promised delivery before 31st March.
Complained to Ford customer care on 22nd March. Regional sales manager calls me next day to say Red will be available only in the second week of April.
Wrote to MDs desk on 23rd March complaining about false delivery promise. Got a reply saying my complaint is being looked into.
I personally think you may have been a little hasty. A 2 week wait is nothing when you are going to keep the car for about 3-5 years. The dealer probably had no clue what kind of colors would be dispatched to him when you made the booking in the first week. I am curious to know what your complaint on the 22nd was all about when they had told you they can make a delivery by the 31st.

Anyway, now that the Figo is history, what are you going to buy now?
Old 26th March 2010, 10:36   #244
Senior - BHPian

Chill out guys, one could understand your frustrations out of the delay, but the car came to the market just now, and any manufacturer will have some initial delays. Compared to the swift D experience, which is a definite long wait, figo;s status will be sure much better. PS:I am not an employee of ford
Old 26th March 2010, 10:54   #245
BHPian

Ford Dealers in Hyderabad

Guys. Who is the better Ford dealer in Hyderabad? The Fortune guy or the Mody guy.

I asked for a test drive on the Ford site and the response from Ford Chennai was quick. I am still awaiting a phone call from the dealer as Ford redirects it to the local dealer.

Depending on which dealer is better, I will, maybe, go myself to the dealer.
Old 26th March 2010, 10:56   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagenix View Post
Revy,

Glad that things worked out for you. I’ve been following your posts with some interest because your tale mirrors mine quite closely. The delay in posting is only because I was waiting for my membership to be approved.

Here goes -

Booked Red Figo Titanium Diesel at Lathangi on 6th March.
Was promised delivery before 31st March.
Complained to Ford customer care on 22nd March. Regional sales manager calls me next day to say Red will be available only in the second week of April.
Wrote to MDs desk on 23rd March complaining about false delivery promise. Got a reply saying my complaint is being looked into.

After reading your post, I went to Lathangi today and confronted the salesperson there. I pointedly asked him if any Reds would be delivered this month and were there any cars in transit? He told me Red is impossible this month, forget about it sir; pick any other colour and we’ll try our best to deliver before end of the month. He didn’t give any guarantees though. When I mentioned your case, he sheepishly told me “you also complain to Ford sir”.
So I dropped off a letter cancelling my booking asking for a full refund. Like I said in the beginning, same story except for the ending [FONT=Wingdings][/FONT]. To be fair though, I’ve owned an Ikon Flair for the last 6 years and this is first time they’ve let me down. And badly at that.
Anyway, congrats on your Figo and hope you get it before the month end.
wgenix, I am worried about my delivery after reading your story...You too got a promise from sales but nothing materializes. I am afraid same thing can happen in my case too, so keeping my fingers crossed ! I don't really know the meaning of "billing my car"...Does that mean the car is already assigned to me and dealer is instructed to deliver only to me ? I have to literally breath down the dealers neck to ensure I get it. Sad to hear that you are canceling your booking 'cos of the unprofessional behavior and false commitment of a dealer...
Old 26th March 2010, 11:00   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I personally think you may have been a little hasty. A 2 week wait is nothing when you are going to keep the car for about 3-5 years. The dealer probably had no clue what kind of colors would be dispatched to him when you made the booking in the first week. I am curious to know what your complaint on the 22nd was all about when they had told you they can make a delivery by the 31st.

Anyway, now that the Figo is history, what are you going to buy now?
Well for folks in Bangalore it is a little different because we will take a hit of 10-15K if the car is not registered in March. I had the Ritz VDI on my radar which I could have got in the first week itself had I not been tempted by the VFM proposition of the Figo. I had booked the car before prices were officially announced and without a TD only because I was assured of March delivery. I followed Mustang's suggestion and called customer care on 22nd because the dealer always gave me vague answers when I questioned him about the delivery date. Not decided what I'm going to do next because the Polo has a waiting period of 3 months (i think). Won't reconsider the Ritz as airbags are a priority.

Having said that, there may be a twist in the tale yet because the dealer said he would hang on to my letter till Saturday and if there is still no clarity, he would go ahead with my cancellation request.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:06   #248
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
I have been following both the Figo thread and the Polo thread. Somehow I am noticing that the people who have booked are promised dates far more than the Figo thread guys, I mean they are getting very much delayed deliveries. Not that its a black mark.
But one thing is no one in the Polo thread seems to be complaining about the dates at all. I would like to know how come only Figo bookers are pissed off.

My guess is probably Ford dealer are shooting ahread of the guns to promised dates. But is there any other factors, because as I can see many Polo people in Banglr are also gonna miss the bus of VAT tax increase.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:19   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
wgenix, I am worried about my delivery after reading your story...You too got a promise from sales but nothing materializes. I am afraid same thing can happen in my case too, so keeping my fingers crossed ! I don't really know the meaning of "billing my car"...Does that mean the car is already assigned to me and dealer is instructed to deliver only to me ? I have to literally breath down the dealers neck to ensure I get it. Sad to hear that you are canceling your booking 'cos of the unprofessional behavior and false commitment of a dealer...
You can still get one this month if you're open to other colours. White with coral interiors is available (was on 23rd if they have not already alloted it to someone). I didn't want white so I declined.
I wouldn't say they are badly behaved or unprofessional, the sales guys there are extremely polite and seem eager to please. I get the feeling that Ford messed up big time and it is the dealers who are at the receiving end this time.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:20   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Guys,
I have been following both the Figo thread and the Polo thread. Somehow I am noticing that the people who have booked are promised dates far more than the Figo thread guys, I mean they are getting very much delayed deliveries. Not that its a black mark.
But one thing is no one in the Polo thread seems to be complaining about the dates at all. I would like to know how come only Figo bookers are pissed off.

My guess is probably Ford dealer are shooting ahread of the guns to promised dates. But is there any other factors, because as I can see many Polo people in Banglr are also gonna miss the bus of VAT tax increase.
The reason could be that most Polo dates were post March and the VAT increase was not a worry anyway for those who booked Polo.

Both these companies(and their network of dealers, transport agencies etc,.) are seeing the volumes for the first time and initial hiccups are bound to happen.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:35   #251
Senior - BHPian

Xingy, you are right. VW dealers are giving worst case delays. To me iniftially they told May second week. But later preponed to April last week.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:41   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Guys,

I guess not many prospective Polo buyers had much hope of getting it before 31 March. That is not the case with Figo which started production in Feb first week itself. People like me who booked without TD wanted to get the early bird advantage and avoid the hike from April. ( This is specific to Bangalore/Karnataka). If it was not the case, I would have waited for a couple of weeks more. And the dealer was super confident of delivering ! When I indicated 25 March as my target, dealer jumped the gun and told that I would have to take it by 20th March itself. And they pushed the finance process and got it approved and ready within 4 days. After all this, the story changes and they seem to lack conviction on delivery. When you visit showroom, they seem very reluctant to face you who have already booked with an advance amount. They are more keen to attend to the new customers and making impossible delivery commitment to them too ! I guess this explains why you don't see much ire from Polo buyers on this forum.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:41   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Xingy, you are right. VW dealers are giving worst case delays. To me iniftially they told May second week. But later preponed to April last week.
Hmmm, well I guess the Ford dealers are scared to loose out of the demand that is coming in thier way. But anyway, I am sure in business any person would do that extent to make sure one keeps hold on the customer.

I guess this is just an initial factor, once things set in the dealer will be in a right frame of mind to commit on dates. Just a hiccup part of the inital launch which should get sorted out later. But nice to see people calm in the Polo thread.

My advise for guys who booked Figo, please stay calm, probably keep a buffer of a week or two, things should get right. You will anyway be having the company of your beauties for next 4-5 years atlest.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:48   #254
Senior - BHPian

Xingy, don't underustimate us. Preserve your comments till April/May when most of deliveries are promised.

Last edited by poloman : 26th March 2010 at 11:55.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:52   #255
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2010 at 11:10.
xingamazon is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks