Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 14:13   #256
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Guys. Who is the better Ford dealer in Hyderabad? The Fortune guy or the Mody guy.
There is not much choice.

Given the options, I would strongly suggest Mody, as it is the way better one among the two (though I wouldnt really love to deal with them either).

Fortune Ford is one bunch of crooks. I gave my Fiesta Petrol for servicing at Fortune Ford. When I got it back, the car was making more noise than a 1980s diesel car would make. Took it back to Fortune Ford and they realised that they had loosened the pipe which supplies air to the engine and forgotten to tighten it back. This meant that unfiltered air was going into the engine.

Another time, I gave my Fiesta for some dent removal / painting work at Fortune Ford. I collected the car in the evening at around 6:30pm, when it was already dark. Next day morning, I saw the rubbing / smoothening work which is done after repainting had not been done. This meant that the repainting work was very rough, with blobs of paint at various places. Took it back to Fortune Ford, and they fixed it after 3 days of keeping the car with them

I can give you many other instances of being let down by Fortune Ford.

Fortunately for me, my company transferred me to Bangalore... So, I dont have to deal with either Fortune or Mody
Old 26th March 2010, 15:32   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Guys. Who is the better Ford dealer in Hyderabad? The Fortune guy or the Mody guy.

I asked for a test drive on the Ford site and the response from Ford Chennai was quick. I am still awaiting a phone call from the dealer as Ford redirects it to the local dealer.

Depending on which dealer is better, I will, maybe, go myself to the dealer.
Fortune Ford at Hyderabad is owned by Mr Nirav Modi and has showrooms at Somajiguda (next to Eenadu) and at Tolichowki.

I do not think that there are any other dealers at Hyderabad?

You are pretty much stuck with a monopolistic situation at Hyderabad of having a single dealer with two showrooms.

You have no choice but to visit the dealer if you want TD and a deal ... unless you know Mr Nirav Modi or Mr Bashir Babukhan, the other partner of Fortune Ford, in which case anything and everything is possible.
Old 26th March 2010, 16:26   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Fortune Ford at Hyderabad is owned by Mr Nirav Modi and has showrooms at Somajiguda (next to Eenadu) and at Tolichowki.

I do not think that there are any other dealers at Hyderabad?

You are pretty much stuck with a monopolistic situation at Hyderabad of having a single dealer with two showrooms.

You have no choice but to visit the dealer if you want TD and a deal ... unless you know Mr Nirav Modi or Mr Bashir Babukhan, the other partner of Fortune Ford, in which case anything and everything is possible.
Mody Ford is the other dealership in Hyderabad. They have 2 showrooms. (Begumpet and LB Nagar).

I have been to both dealers (Mody and Fortune) and I have found Mody to be more transparent/honest in providing information. Fortune may have a better looking showroom though

Last edited by p'arth : 26th March 2010 at 16:29.
Old 26th March 2010, 17:10   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
Mody Ford is the other dealership in Hyderabad. They have 2 showrooms. (Begumpet and LB Nagar).

I have been to both dealers (Mody and Fortune) and I have found Mody to be more transparent/honest in providing information. Fortune may have a better looking showroom though

Thanks Traveller Parth. Guess I will check out Mody in Begumpet first and TD the car and also find out where where his servicing stations are located.
Old 26th March 2010, 17:17   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
There is not much choice.

Given the options, I would strongly suggest Mody, as it is the way better one among the two (though I wouldnt really love to deal with them either).

Fortune Ford is one bunch of crooks. I gave my Fiesta Petrol for servicing at Fortune Ford. When I got it back, the car was making more noise than a 1980s diesel car would make. Took it back to Fortune Ford and they realised that they had loosened the pipe which supplies air to the engine and forgotten to tighten it back. This meant that unfiltered air was going into the engine.

Another time, I gave my Fiesta for some dent removal / painting work at Fortune Ford. I collected the car in the evening at around 6:30pm, when it was already dark. Next day morning, I saw the rubbing / smoothening work which is done after repainting had not been done. This meant that the repainting work was very rough, with blobs of paint at various places. Took it back to Fortune Ford, and they fixed it after 3 days of keeping the car with them

I can give you many other instances of being let down by Fortune Ford.

Fortunately for me, my company transferred me to Bangalore... So, I dont have to deal with either Fortune or Mody
Thanks. That was useful.
Old 26th March 2010, 17:20   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Traveller Parth. Guess I will check out Mody in Begumpet first and TD the car and also find out where where his servicing stations are located.
Both Mody and Fortune are owned by partners. I mean both showrooms are interrelated. I always been to Fortune ford. They are Ok only. Not great. From my friends I heard that Mody is also same.
Old 26th March 2010, 17:47   #262
BHPian

I observe that people are real impatient when the delivery dates are pushed.

One factor is the price increase - Yes 10-15K hike is a big deal. Accepted.

But on the other hand, this is a vehicle which would be driven for the next couple of years, so a little patience would go a long way. And after such a lot of research done, why dump a car if the dates are postponed.

Anyway, guess thats my personal opinion. Its a new car, and there are bound to be niggles initially. But its a great product, and I dont mind waiting. Its almost like a wife. Dont dump the one you love because she didnt return a call or didnt speak to you. Patience my dear BHPians.

Remember we come from a nation where people waiting long months and paid hefty premiums for Premier Padminis and Bajaj scooters.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:19   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I guess not many prospective Polo buyers had much hope of getting it before 31 March. That is not the case with Figo which started production in Feb first week itself. People like me who booked without TD wanted to get the early bird advantage and avoid the hike from April. ( This is specific to Bangalore/Karnataka).

If Ford genuinely wants to impress its customers and if it is unable to deliver the cars before April 1, they should consider this "Fig(o)-leaf" option. All those who have booked their cars before April 1 should be given accessories which are worth the increased VAT and other duties in the respective states. For example, if the Figo is going to be more expensive by Rs 10-15K in Karnataka due to various duties and taxes, Ford should ask its dealers in Karnataka to gift their customers (who have booked/paid for the Figo by March 31) accessories worth Rs 10-15K. If this is done, I don't see too many early bird customers complaining too much over the delay in receiving their figos. What say?

Melvyn
Old 26th March 2010, 19:01   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I observe that people are real impatient when the delivery dates are pushed.

One factor is the price increase - Yes 10-15K hike is a big deal. Accepted.

But on the other hand, this is a vehicle which would be driven for the next couple of years, so a little patience would go a long way. And after such a lot of research done, why dump a car if the dates are postponed.

Anyway, guess thats my personal opinion. Its a new car, and there are bound to be niggles initially. But its a great product, and I dont mind waiting. Its almost like a wife. Dont dump the one you love because she didnt return a call or didnt speak to you. Patience my dear BHPians.

Remember we come from a nation where people waiting long months and paid hefty premiums for Premier Padminis and Bajaj scooters.
Brix, I am not going to cancel the booking even if I don't get it before 1 Apr. I chose this car after considering all the new launches since last year - Punto, Jazz, i20, Ritz, Beat etc. Yet, paying 10 - 15K extra for a matter of few days, is really frustrating. Ford should have given a priority to Bangalore dealers as no other state is having this issue. If the dealer would sweeten the deal with accessories, I would still be happy. Anyway I was planning to spend 10 K on accessories including front fog lights, now that money will go for taxes Paying tax is the duty of all citizens and that helps the nation, I have no cribbing for that...But the rates in Bangalore are simply day light robbery.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:30   #265
BHPian

That is superb news. I hope I'll get mine in April first week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Folks, it looks like Figo deliveries have started in earnest in Chennai. I have spotted 3 ribbon-clad Figos since morning.
Old 27th March 2010, 08:55   #266
BANNED

Figo deliveries started on 24th march and my friend has taken delivery of TDIC EXI on 25th

Till 25th around 40 cars were delivered from one dealer.
Old 27th March 2010, 11:38   #267
BANNED

@mkerala : Have you received your car as yet? I think you have, Your activity on this thread has declined substantially.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 27th March 2010 at 11:39.
Old 27th March 2010, 12:57   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Of come on more than two weeks since the start, but I have seen only two ownership reviews. Either they have not received the cars or people should be enjoying the beauty and forgot about TBHP meanwhile
xing, the issue is with delivery delay only. Any BHPian who gets it, would start a thread within hours and I am waiting for that moment for last one week. Lets hope soon there will be a flurry of Figo ownership threads ! Ownership thread of joethomas is very active, the other thread started by gemithomas is not up to speed Well, it is for an ostensible reason, he is enjoying a long vacation at Thekkady with his Figo in company. Hope he will soon come with a lot of updates, especially the performance of Figo on the curvy roads of Thekkady and ghat sections nearby !

Last edited by Revy : 27th March 2010 at 13:03.
Old 27th March 2010, 13:11   #269
BHPian

just now spoke to the dealer, they are taking deliveries in four trucks today and will get their vin nos. hopefully, i'll get mine too. fingers crossed
Old 27th March 2010, 13:39   #270
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@mkerala : Have you received your car as yet? I think you have, Your activity on this thread has declined substantially.

My dealer told me yesterday that my car is in list for next delivery from ford. The truck will depart from ford this month itself and delivery within 3 days after it.

In facebook page and here every body is speaking now about delivery which has taken place or will be within days. Till 2-3 days ago it was all complaints about non-delivery. I think ford has now actually started delivery widely.

Last edited by mkerala : 27th March 2010 at 13:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed