Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 18:27   #286
BHPian

I'll tag along with you so that we can spot if anything is amiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
what should i look for? you mean for missing parts?
Old 28th March 2010, 23:05   #287
BHPian

HAndling charges??????

Visited Fortune Ford in Hyderabad. The Sr Manager was ready to deliver the TDCi version on immediate down-payment. I was anyways looking for the petrol version.

1. The rear shocks when seen from the rear side seem too low. Wont they touch the road in case if the rear falls into a ditch?

2. The dealer was charging aound Rs 5000 as handling charges, Rs 1750 for the essential kit and third year warranty is free if the buyer is working in an organization approved by Ford. Are the handling charges standard across the country?
Old 28th March 2010, 23:21   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
2. The dealer was charging aound Rs 5000 as handling charges, Rs 1750 for the essential kit and third year warranty is free if the buyer is working in an organization approved by Ford. Are the handling charges standard across the country?
The Ford dealer in Gurgaon is charging 4,350, 2,200 and 3,270 as handling charges, essential kit (optional) and extended warranty (optional; free under the corporate scheme), respectively.
Old 29th March 2010, 08:05   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post

shouldn't this be applicable across all Ford dealerships? When I booked my Figo last week, i specifically asked .. but the Sales person denied having any such Corporate offers ! (He didn't even ask which company i work for)

Has anyone in Bangalore been offered any such freebie / corporate offers?

Mustang, Kiku, Brix,
any way you guys can get your hands on the list of companies that qualify for the offer? If so, would u be able to post it here or PM me?
Old 29th March 2010, 10:43   #290
Senior - BHPian

So none of our Chennai brethren got their Figos this weekend? Brix, scorpio7, when are you guys getting it? I have been spotting at least 2 a day for the last 4 days. Maybe 'cos one of the dealerships is close to my place.

I was coming back from the airport Sat 3 am and I saw a car container truck unloading Figos outside Chennai Ford at Arumbakkam. Usually these trucks unload at the yard, but looks like it was sent straight to the dealership due to the demand. And I believe all the bookings on this forum have happened at MPL. Anyone booked at CF?
Old 29th March 2010, 10:49   #291
Senior - BHPian

sorry for the lack of update. I had some personal things to take care of this weekend.

My troubles with ford and the Figo are never never never ending!

These losers are dilly dallying around, Last Thursday when I was at the showroom they told me that they had a black zxi which someone had canceled. I told I was ready to take it. I had booked an Exi. ( i had even told some other Bhpians in bangalore about this and wanted them to pray for me ) But I guess luck wasn't in my favor.

On Friday when I went to the showroom he tells me that the zxi was given to someone else and that my car had left the company and should reach here soon.

On asking when exactly would it reach the sales person tells me Sunday and that I should make the remaining payment so that they can register the car on Monday. They tell me that a cheque will take 2-3 days to clear so better pay now. I tell him not a problem I will give him a DD.
I told I will pay on Sat or Sunday when the car comes.

Just now I get call telling me that car has come and that I should make the payment and they would register the car on Tuesday. I tell him I want to see the car before I make payment. He tells me car is in the yard.
I tell him no problem we can drive down to the yard in my car and I can see the car.

This is when he does a U turn and tell me that the car would reach the yard today evening but I could pay the remaining amount now so they could register tomorrow morning.

No way Im going to pay them the remaining amount until I see the car. Just to let you guys know I had already made a DD in the name of Metro ford last Thursday itself. Costed me R.s 980.
I'm jsut playing it safe now. Its just a mater of the car getting here and me wanting to see it.

This has been really painful and slow. I have gone to the dealer atleat 6 times after booking the car countless calls to them. I have always been nice and polite to them even after they keeping delaying like this.

Metro ford guys told me that I would get the car by 30"
Mustang, Brix could anyone help me?? There is only 2 days left for Bangalore Bhpians. After that I will have to shell out 8-10K extra.
If I can get a car before the month end I'm open to any color! Exi petrol white/red/silver/grey
If I cant get the car by 31" I will have no choice but to cancel my booking. I rather pay the extra road tax and go with Maruti or someone else.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 29th March 2010 at 10:57.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:00   #292
Senior - BHPian

Cpatain_slow, don't cancel the booking at this stage though it is highly unlikely that you will get the car before April 1. Don't expect that Maruti experience will be any better. This is the ground reality in most of the dealerships across india.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:04   #293
Senior - BHPian

CaptainSlow, go to the dealer one more time. but meet the GM or some higher up this time. Ask for the VIN #, variant and color and also for some evidence of 'allotment' to you. Tell them about the U turn made by the sales guy and make it clear you will be canceling the booking if the car is not physically shown to you today or tomorrow. DO NOT make the final payment until you have physically seen the car and have some evidence that it's indeed yours and not someone else's.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:06   #294
BHPian

[quote=Captain Slow;1808612]There is only 2 days left for Bangalore Bhpians. After that I will have to shell out 8-10K extra.
/quote]
I am slightly confused. Are the pricing increasing only for Bangalore (Karnataka) due to increase in road tax ? Or are they increasing all over India due to 2% hike in excise duty ?
Old 29th March 2010, 11:32   #295
BHPian

Mine's coming only in April 2'nd week. I'm in no hurry as of now. I've also paid only the booking deposit.

I did see a green Figo yesterday, registered on Chamiers Road. Lots of Ford executives live nearby and a man in his 40's was driving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
So none of our Chennai brethren got their Figos this weekend? Brix, scorpio7, when are you guys getting it? I have been spotting at least 2 a day for the last 4 days. Maybe 'cos one of the dealerships is close to my place.
I've got no idea on how you would proceed on that. I myself am paying up the excess amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Mustang, Brix could anyone help me?? There is only 2 days left for Bangalore Bhpians. After that I will have to shell out 8-10K extra.
If I can get a car before the month end I'm open to any color! Exi petrol white/red/silver/grey
Old 29th March 2010, 12:02   #296
BHPian

Figo Delivery

Visited the showroom over the weekend, the sales guy informed that delivery will be during 2nd week of April. Booked my vehicle on March 14th.
He gave me an offer of taking an EXI delivery immediately, I had booked a Titanium diesel(red).
The dealer is Metro Ford and he informed me that they are doing about 40-50 deliveries every week. Also got to know that the bookings are 60% for Diesel and 40% for Petrol.

Waiting anxiously for by vehicle..
Old 29th March 2010, 12:11   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
shouldn't this be applicable across all Ford dealerships? When I booked my Figo last week, i specifically asked .. but the Sales person denied having any such Corporate offers ! (He didn't even ask which company i work for)

Has anyone in Bangalore been offered any such freebie / corporate offers?

Mustang, Kiku, Brix,
any way you guys can get your hands on the list of companies that qualify for the offer? If so, would u be able to post it here or PM me?
3rd year warranty was offered to us by Talera ford in Pune as well. No payments, just a copy of the infy i-card.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:17   #298
Senior - BHPian

[quote=silverknight;1808652]
Quote:
There is only 2 days left for Bangalore Bhpians. After that I will have to shell out 8-10K extra.
/quote]
I am slightly confused. Are the pricing increasing only for Bangalore (Karnataka) due to increase in road tax ? Or are they increasing all over India due to 2% hike in excise duty ?
1% is all India I guess thanks to the VAT increase and in Karnataka we have another 1% thanks to the local road tax hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
CaptainSlow, go to the dealer one more time. but meet the GM or some higher up this time. Ask for the VIN #, variant and color and also for some evidence of 'allotment' to you. Tell them about the U turn made by the sales guy and make it clear you will be canceling the booking if the car is not physically shown to you today or tomorrow. DO NOT make the final payment until you have physically seen the car and have some evidence that it's indeed yours and not someone else's.
Thanks Gilead, I'm planing to do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Cpatain_slow, don't cancel the booking at this stage though it is highly unlikely that you will get the car before April 1. Don't expect that Maruti experience will be any better. This is the ground reality in most of the dealerships across india.
While booking they made a comitment to deliver before 30" now why the sudden change?
Another twist to the story! I just called him up again and now he tells that the car will reach the yard tomorrow morning!
I have lost hope of driving a Figo before the month end!

Brix
Most us made the booking sometime on the second week of march and the dealer makes a commitment to deliver before 30"
Now this is what happens to us
Old 29th March 2010, 12:25   #299
Senior - BHPian

Captain slow, don't get desperate and fall for a lemon at the last moment. They may try to do this to escape from your wrath.Take time to check the car thoroughly. Again I am repeating, looks very unlikely that you will get the car registered before April 1. Once the car arrives,next they are going to blame RTO processes for more delays.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:26   #300
BANNED

Quote:

If I cant get the car by 31" I will have no choice but to cancel my booking. I rather pay the extra road tax and go with Maruti or someone else.

Well i guess, I cant be of much help here as these are dealer internal matters. Do inform me about your status today.

Also if you want to cancel your booking, you can do that but i dont think it will help you much.

Btw if you really wanted that black ZXI which you saw at the dealership you should have made a commitment with the AGM or GM there so that he does not sell that car to anyone else.

Anyways as i said do tell me your status today & lets hope for the best that you can get your car registered by tomorrow or day after.

@captain slow : I dont want to trivialize the matter but if you rely on dealer commitments(whether ford or any other car maker) & cancel your booking, if they dont fulfill it, then probably you wont have a new car, ever. This is the fact of all dealers & the basic Indian mentality of "Chalta Hai". You would be surprised to know about how much lies i hear everday about dealers telling their customers, Some of it is very very silly & funny & i can make a whole new thread about it & still dealers never learn.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 29th March 2010 at 12:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks