Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 14:17   #301
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Everyone here calls the figo, an old design, but one thing for sure that this is based on the very same platform as our current fiesta. Wonder why no one says that the design of the fiesta sedan is old?
Me and my family like the design very much. Most people in internet are too modern, so they like the monster look of honda city and beat and call it the modern and best design. I like the classic and simple look of figo and its design feel to be of a compact car rather than being bulky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

1% is all India I guess thanks to the VAT increase and in Karnataka we have another 1% thanks to the local road tax hike.

Where does the 1 % all India price hike come from? I have already made full payment and waiting for delivery within days.

Last edited by mkerala : 29th March 2010 at 14:19.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:53   #302

There is no hike in VAT rates in TN and Kerala. Dont have to worry about price increase.
Old 29th March 2010, 15:26   #303
BHPian

Planning for my 5th visit to dealer today, not much hope. Ford customer care people are already pissed off with me. I wonder where my car vanished ! It was supposed to be billed last Thursday as per their RSM who spoke to me. Now it seems that the information was not correct, it was due to some "confusion".
Old 29th March 2010, 16:16   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Captain slow, don't get desperate and fall for a lemon at the last moment. They may try to do this to escape from your wrath.Take time to check the car thoroughly. Again I am repeating, looks very unlikely that you will get the car registered before April 1. Once the car arrives,next they are going to blame RTO processes for more delays.
thanks Poloman I understand what you are saying, I will do a full PDI before paying them. And only after I see the car take down the Vin + chassno I will ahnd them over the DD.
For me there are lot of bigger things other than the vat + tax hike too. April 1st I got also renew my parking validation at my office car park. Now I can only take 1 car to work so If I don't get the figo by 1st April I will be stuck using my old car for another 6 months before I can get a new sticker/permit for my parking at office. Its a total mess for me!

Quote:
Well i guess, I cant be of much help here as these are dealer internal matters. Do inform me about your status today.

Also if you want to cancel your booking, you can do that but i dont think it will help you much.

Btw if you really wanted that black ZXI which you saw at the dealership you should have made a commitment with the AGM or GM there so that he does not sell that car to anyone else.

Anyways as i said do tell me your status today & lets hope for the best that you can get your car registered by tomorrow or day after.

@captain slow : I dont want to trivialize the matter but if you rely on dealer commitments(whether ford or any other car maker) & cancel your booking, if they dont fulfill it, then probably you wont have a new car, ever. This is the fact of all dealers & the basic Indian mentality of "Chalta Hai". You would be surprised to know about how much lies i hear everday about dealers telling their customers, Some of it is very very silly & funny & i can make a whole new thread about it & still dealers never learn.
Thanks Mustang,
Yes I did so Mustang!! Last Thursday when I was at the showroom thats when they told me about the black zxi that was canceled. I told them I will take it.
My sales guy spoke to his boss (bosses name was Mr Kiran, he was the head of something at palace road metro ford) He asked me to wait for 10-15 min and that he would confirm with the person who booked it and allot the car to me. This turned out to be a 45min wait for me at the showroom and finally I went to him and told him that I can pay right way if he allots the car to me. Thats when he does some drama saying there is a que for a car he has to check his list and see who is next and only then he could let me have it. (maybe he wanted me to pay something extra?)
Informs me that he would let me know about this the next day morning (friday morning) I told revvy about this too.
Friday moring no calls so I land at the showroom and ask mr Kiran about the zxi thats when he tells me the car went to someone else
My sales guy come running to me and and says " Sir your car is on the way" will be here on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Where does the 1 % all India price hike come from? I have already made full payment and waiting for delivery within days.
Its a Vat increase across India. I'm not sure maybe someone from the finance background could confirm this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Planning for my 5th visit to dealer today, not much hope. Ford customer care people are already pissed off with me. I wonder where my car vanished ! It was supposed to be billed last Thursday as per their RSM who spoke to me. Now it seems that the information was not correct, it was due to some "confusion".
What kind of confusion? Has your car even left the plant? or they are still giving you the run about?
Revvy you and me both are stuck here reading about others zipping in thier figo's while we are still cribbing at our dealers doors! arr

Last edited by Captain Slow : 29th March 2010 at 16:18.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:35   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaharshad View Post
There is no hike in VAT rates in TN and Kerala. Dont have to worry about price increase.
Are you sure about this? I had to postpone my booking due to some reasons (basically because i'm still tied between Figo and Ritz) and was very worried about the increase in VAT. Can someone confirm this?
Old 29th March 2010, 16:45   #306
BHPian

No hike in VAT rates? You mean Excise duty?

There is definitely an increase in prices as this is a central budget right?

In fact I picked out a Price Sheet from Maruti and it mentioned the post hike prices. Can you check this fact out?

Quoted from Website:
Quote:
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Friday announced a two percent hike in excise tax on prices of large cars, and sports and multi-utility vehicles in the general budget.

However, small cars will continue to get excise duty relief of 4 percent, which was offered on all car segments by the government as stimulus package to the auto industry in 2008 when auto sales had dropped following slowdown in the economy worldwide.

The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government had spurred the automobile sector by slashing excise duty on two-wheelers (from 10 percent to 8 percent), small cars (from 12 percent to 8 percent) and big cars from 24 percent to 20 percent.

India is now seen as a hub for the small cars segment and many global majors have ventured into India in the last four years.

Last year, companies marked their presence across the globe with record high exports. The year 2008 also saw the launch of the world's most economical car, Nano.
Quote:

Last edited by Brix : 29th March 2010 at 16:51.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:11   #307

FIGO prices were announced after the budget. Therefore the 2% hike in Excise duty has already been countered in the ex-showroom price. (Normally excise duty changes are effective from the subsequent date of the budget)

VAT (sales tax) rates have increased by a few states by 1% (delhi and Karnataka are the ones I know of). This will be effective from April 1. The increase will have a bearing on the ex-showroom price.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:13   #308
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
No hike in VAT rates? You mean Excise duty?

There is definitely an increase in prices as this is a central budget right?

In fact I picked out a Price Sheet from Maruti and it mentioned the post hike prices. Can you check this fact out?

Quoted from Website:
No Ford Figo (only Figo) announced pricing after hike in Excise duty. So no price increase with respect to Central budget. Some states have hiked VAT (eg Karnataka) and hence the price increase. TN does not have any increase in their state budget.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:20   #309
BHPian

OK, let me put the question again in a different way.

There is an Excise Duty and there is VAT.

Excise duty was hiked to 2% for India.
VAT is statewise and TN/Kerala have not increased it.

You're telling me that the current Figo Prices are post excise duty?

I dont think so, because when I called my sales consultant, she asked me to make immediate payment before 28th March to escape the hike in Excise. Also I needed to choose a car they had in stock so that the process could start immediately.

My take is that, current prices + 2% excise hike henceforth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
No Ford Figo (only Figo) announced pricing after hike in Excise duty. So no price increase with respect to Central budget. Some states have hiked VAT (eg Karnataka) and hence the price increase. TN does not have any increase in their state budget.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:34   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
What kind of confusion? Has your car even left the plant? or they are still giving you the run about?
Revvy you and me both are stuck here reading about others zipping in thier figo's while we are still cribbing at our dealers doors! arr
Captain, let's console each other One more assurance from Ford RSM today that he will "try to get my car billed today". Just now came back from the ritual dealer visit ( 5th so far ! ) and he too hopes that billing will happen today. I will come to know of it tomorrow morning only. If that happens, he says he can still escape tax/VAT hike, I really don't know how. May be possible to pay tax with VIN, chassis number etc, but to register, the vehicle need to be physically present at RTO ?? The last thing I want to happen is delivery on 1 Apr, making me a perfect fool who had to cough up 10K extra just for a day !

Figo deliveries are happening, but somehow my TDCi Titanium seems to be elusive ! Happened to meet a guy who got Red TDCi Exi on last Friday, he is very excited about the car. Says his only problem is about more gear shifting needed in low RPM. Once it cross 2K, he says it zips well and can compete with the big bulls ! Also, he felt that the effect of AC is evident especially while pulling from low speeds.

Lathangi Ford says all accessories are available. Essential kit, fog lamps etc.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:38   #311

Shreeji Ford feedback

Hi Guys,
I want some feedback from BHPians about Ford dealer in Thane. But before I request that I would like to share my experience with the dealer so far.
I wanted to TD Figo ever since I heard about its launch. Since my work hours are 11-8, it was a bit difficult for me to check out the car on a weekday. Hence I drove to the Shreeji Ford showroom on 13th March 2010, a saturday. I was welcomed by the reception and asked to wait as all sales persons were busy. In about 15 mins a sales person got free and took me to the display car. He explained all the features and patiently answered my queries. He told me that they could not arrange the Test Drive as they have not yet received the TD cars. Any questions for pricing were not entertained as he said they did not have complete information yet. He asked me to visit the showroom after a couple of days as they would have the TD car ready by then. He took my contact details and I left. One observation here was that the representative though very eager and courteous did not have enough knowledge about the car. Thanks to TeamBHP I already knew a lot more than him. For example the display car had alloy wheels on, I asked him if these were default on Titanium and what was the width of tyres on factory shipped titaniums. He measured the car width with has hand and told me that default tyres shipped would be approximately one hand width wide
The sales person messaged me and also called me in 2 days time to inform that TD car was ready. I told him I would be able to visit only on the weekend. He again called me on the weekend to confirm my TD. I went to the showroom again on 20th March and took a TD of the TDCi titanium. I would not elaborate on the test drive as I have nothing new to add to what has already been discussed so far. After the TD I asked him to give me a quotation and requested him to evaluate my current car, as I was planning for exchange. To my surprise he said, he still cant give me the numbers as he doesnt have them. He asked me to visit in a week's time as he would be able to give me proper quote for my car and the new Figo only a week later. Disappointed I asked him to show me other colors if he had any. He showed me Fiesta colors and when I pointed out that Figo has a totally different range of shades. He sheepishly admitted that he didnt have enough to show. He requested me to show up on 24th March as the dealership was going to deliver 8 cars on that day and would have a range of colours to show. I was again surprised, on one had he says he doesnt know the pricing and on the other hand he is delivering cars. He had no info on warrantly plans for Figo, he told me first service was at 10000km and he had no proper info on accessory pricing and their availability.
This dropped my confidence on the dealership a bit. I have decided to wait out a few months to have proper feedback on the dealer. There are not many ford dealers around, I would prefer to buy a car from a dealer nearby only. I dont want the hassle of travelling long distance for service trips. This is the same reason why VW Polo is not in my radar.
If you guys have feedback on Shreeji Ford, Thane please do share. It will help a lot in my decision making. At this moment its either a new Figo or I continue with Santro for another year.

Thanks,
Sukesh.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:44   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think so, because when I called my sales consultant, she asked me to make immediate payment before 28th March to escape the hike in Excise. Also I needed to choose a car they had in stock so that the process could start immediately.

My take is that, current prices + 2% excise hike henceforth.
As far I know, excise duty was imposed from the very next day of budget. Its not delayed till 1st Apr. I bought my car in March post budget and I remember almost all manufacturers increased prices immediately.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:48   #313
BANNED

Quote:
FIGO prices were announced after the budget. Therefore the 2% hike in Excise duty has already been countered in the ex-showroom price. (Normally excise duty changes are effective from the subsequent date of the budget)

VAT (sales tax) rates have increased by a few states by 1% (delhi and Karnataka are the ones I know of). This will be effective from April 1. The increase will have a bearing on the ex-showroom price.
2% hike is already been incorporated for. There will be NO CHANGES in es-showroom price.

However other things that make up the ON ROAD price of the car may change statewise due to changes in duty/VAT/road tax etc. of that state.

Quote:
Wrong info given to you. An increased excise duty of 2% is already incorporated for in the ex-showroom price of the figo. Therefore chennai on-road price remains same post april 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
. May be possible to pay tax with VIN, chassis number etc, but to register, the vehicle need to be physically present at RTO ?? The last thing I want to happen is delivery on 1 Apr, making me a perfect fool who had to cough up 10K extra just for a day !

Figo deliveries are happening, but somehow my TDCi Titanium seems to be elusive ! Happened to meet a guy who got Red TDCi Exi on last Friday, he is very excited about the car. Says his only problem is about more gear shifting needed in low RPM. Once it cross 2K, he says it zips well and can compete with the big bulls ! Also, he felt that the effect of AC is evident especially while pulling from low speeds.

Lathangi Ford says all accessories are available. Essential kit, fog lamps etc.
A car has to be physically present at the RTO <---- Wrong info. This statement is only valid when you yourself are going to get your car registered. If the dealer is doing it, if he's game enough, he has links & your car never sees the RTO office ever in person.

Living example: My fusion+ TDCI never saw the RTO in Delhi & the temp. registration & perm. registration (on the smart card) were done without having to ever go physically to the RTO. A RTO person comes there @ dealership only & does it.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:57   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A car has to be physically present at the RTO <---- Wrong info. This statement is only valid when you yourself are going to get your car registered. If the dealer is doing it, if he's game enough, he has links & your car never sees the RTO office ever in person.

Living example: My fusion+ TDCI never saw the RTO in Delhi & the temp. registration & perm. registration (on the smart card) were done without having to ever go physically to the RTO. A RTO person comes there @ dealership only & does it.
This may be true in Delhi, but all cars have to physically go to the RTO in Chennai. The RTO officer verifies the VIN # under the carpet and etches it on to the RC book using a pencil.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:04   #315
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
This may be true in Delhi, but all cars have to physically go to the RTO in Chennai. The RTO officer verifies the VIN # under the carpet and etches it on to the RC book using a pencil.
Both my cars are delhi registered, I dont know much about chennai RTOs as i have never dealt with them but in Some other cities also ,car need not go to the RTO.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks