Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 18:12   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Well i guess, I cant be of much help here as these are dealer internal matters. Do inform me about your status today.

Also if you want to cancel your booking, you can do that but i dont think it will help you much.

Btw if you really wanted that black ZXI which you saw at the dealership you should have made a commitment with the AGM or GM there so that he does not sell that car to anyone else.

Anyways as i said do tell me your status today & lets hope for the best that you can get your car registered by tomorrow or day after.

@captain slow : I dont want to trivialize the matter but if you rely on dealer commitments(whether ford or any other car maker) & cancel your booking, if they dont fulfill it, then probably you wont have a new car, ever. This is the fact of all dealers & the basic Indian mentality of "Chalta Hai". You would be surprised to know about how much lies i hear everday about dealers telling their customers, Some of it is very very silly & funny & i can make a whole new thread about it & still dealers never learn.
Hey, Mustang, If Ford really wants to keep is customers like Captain Slow happy, why can't it simply ask its dealer to offer free accessories (or even post a gift voucher from Chennai) worth the enhanced payment after March 31? After all, the dealer DID make a lot of promises and can't fulfill them. Problem is, the customer will eventually get a negative impression of Ford and NOT of the dealer. This tends to be the case, whether you like it or not. Otherwise, why is it that an unhappy customer screams at the waiter and not the cook for the poor quality of food?

Companies should remember that a pleased customers like Captain Slow are worth a million rupees in advertising and publicity.

By the way, I took a friend (a Maruti lover) and his son today and showed him the Figo here at Caculo Ford in Panjim. Even got him to take a test drive of the petrol version. Both were quite impressed with the car and my friend regretted his decision to buy a Wagon R VXI only a few months ago.

The salesman at Ford told me that 20 Figo cars are to be delivered on March 30.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:17   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
The Ford dealer in Gurgaon is charging 4,350, 2,200 and 3,270 as handling charges, essential kit (optional) and extended warranty (optional; free under the corporate scheme), respectively.
Cool. Wonder why this is not standard across all states. Different taxes for this too?
Old 29th March 2010, 18:18   #318
BHPian

Is it? That is good news indeed. Thanks !

Quote:
2% hike is already been incorporated for. There will be NO CHANGES in es-showroom price.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:21   #319
BHPian

Quote:
2% hike is already been incorporated for. There will be NO CHANGES in es-showroom price.

Wrong info given to you. An increased excise duty of 2% is already incorporated for in the ex-showroom price of the figo. Therefore chennai on-road price remains same post april 1st.
On second thought, I think this is true . I remember the Polo trendline petrol variant was launched at 4,34,000 Ex-Showroom(Chennai). Post budget, the price of this variant went up to 4,42,680 Ex-Showroom which is exactly 2%. The Figo however, was launched post budget. So there should be no increase in Ex-showroom price.

What I'm not so sure about is the increase in VAT; Whether or not TN has jacked it. It'd be great if someone can confidently say it hasn't.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:21   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Both my cars are delhi registered, I dont know much about chennai RTOs as i have never dealt with them but in Some other cities also ,car need not go to the RTO.
Mustang - I really don't know about this, I was just trying to get information. You are very correct about dealer managing everything if they have right links. As per law, RTO may have to physically verify car in some states before registering. When I bought my first car in Hyderabad, I was given a temp registration. Then I was asked to take car to RTO where the dealer's person came and got everything done for me.

Regarding the excise duty hike, thanks for clarifying that Figo launch prices have already taken care of that. VAT/Road Tax increase is state controlled and haven't heard any hike in states other than Karnataka. We, especially Bangaloreans deserve that, as the city has become so price insensitive
Old 29th March 2010, 18:22   #321
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Hey, Mustang, If Ford really wants to keep is customers like Captain Slow happy, why can't it simply ask its dealer to offer free accessories (or even post a gift voucher from Chennai) worth the enhanced payment after March 31? After all, the dealer DID make a lot of promises and can't fulfill them. Problem is, the customer will eventually get a negative impression of Ford and NOT of the dealer. This tends to be the case, whether you like it or not. Otherwise, why is it that an unhappy customer screams at the waiter and not the cook for the poor quality of food?

I Think we should adopt the Mcdonalds model. Wherever in India you go, Mcdonalds offers the same greeting, the same food, the same price & the same service.

If they dont provide all of this, Mcdonalds screws the franchise owner & terminates the contract with them. I think this is what the big bosses at our company should do.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:22   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
shouldn't this be applicable across all Ford dealerships? When I booked my Figo last week, i specifically asked .. but the Sales person denied having any such Corporate offers ! (He didn't even ask which company i work for)

Has anyone in Bangalore been offered any such freebie / corporate offers?

Mustang, Kiku, Brix,
any way you guys can get your hands on the list of companies that qualify for the offer? If so, would u be able to post it here or PM me?
3rd year free warranty offer is applicable across all states as it is being offered by the company. This was confirmed by the dealer.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:33   #323
BHPian

I was thinking the same thing today morning. India seems to be a laid back priority.

The below article forced me to think so.
Quote:
For North America : Toyota is trying to put a salve on its market woes with zero-percent financing and other deals. Competitors followed suit with big incentives of their own. Toyota’s offers boosted consideration of their cars by 40%, Edmunds said. And that 13.5-million vehicle sales rate says that other car companies are finding takers for these deals, as well. In other words, the auto companies are buying the sales boost
Quote:
I Think we should adopt the Mcdonalds model.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:46   #324
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
This may be true in Delhi, but all cars have to physically go to the RTO in Chennai. The RTO officer verifies the VIN # under the carpet and etches it on to the RC book using a pencil.
Quote:
Both my cars are delhi registered, I dont know much about chennai RTOs as i have never dealt with them but in Some other cities also ,car need not go to the RTO.

RTO agent attached to a particular dealer carefully notes the Engine no and the Chassis no (etches using a pencil) in the Form and has with him. RTO will be physically present to check all the vehicles one by one. He/She may do about 300 vehicles in one day. The RTO agent reads the chassis no and engine no and the RTO puts the tick mark in the form and signs in front of all. This activity will be very fast. Then the RTO agent submits to the office where the computer allocates the Registration no automatically (BRIBING will not help in getting a fancy no). Need to pay extra for any fancy number depending on the vehicle invoice value.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:48   #325
BHPian

Quote:
I Think we should adopt the Mcdonalds model. Wherever in India you go, Mcdonalds offers the same greeting, the same food, the same price & the same service.
If they dont provide all of this, Mcdonalds screws the franchise owner & terminates the contract with them. I think this is what the big bosses at our company should do.
Mustang - Dealers have to be taken to task, no doubt...But for this launch, looks like even Ford were not really prepared. The production started in early Feb, official launch by first week of March. Close to 2 months time and yet a dealership in Bangalore claims they have received only 3 TDCi Titanium so far despite a long queue. I don't know if their claim is 100% true, but the Ford people are not saying about this when I call them..So, there is some serious bottleneck somewhere, at least for this model/variant. Leave the dealers, what can Ford do to make the customers happy ? I mean those customers like me who put faith in them and booked early even before TD was available. Today I asked to the dealers sales lead about possible "gifts" to make me happy and he said there is no real chance of it coming from either Ford or the dealer. I hope some other people from Ford will be reading this and do something about it !
Old 29th March 2010, 19:14   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I dont think so, because when I called my sales consultant, she asked me to make immediate payment before 28th March to escape the hike in Excise. Also I needed to choose a car they had in stock so that the process could start immediately.

My take is that, current prices + 2% excise hike henceforth.
Hey Brix, make sure you chk their yard, cos when i called up they said, they would bill all the bookings prior to 31st. Just make sure they give it to you in writing, else it could be jus a trick to pay up.

Last edited by scorpio07 : 29th March 2010 at 19:16.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:19   #327
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Hey Brix, make sure you chk their yard, cos when i called up they said, they would bill all the bookings prior to 31st. Just make sure they give it to you in writing, else it could be jus a trick to pay up.
This is true, dealers can do that.

eg. my fusion TDCI was booked on 31st dec 2009 & i took delivery on jan 4 2010.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:20   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I dont think so, because when I called my sales consultant, she asked me to make immediate payment before 28th March to escape the hike in Excise. Also I needed to choose a car they had in stock so that the process could start immediately.
Brix, does your sales consultant have the initials T.U by any chance?
Old 29th March 2010, 19:20   #329
BHPian

Hey guys, had booked 1.4 figo ZXi (white with black dash) on 24th March 2010 at Bhagat Ford Chandigarh. At that time they had said that the car will be delivered within 20 days, and to my surprise, got a call from Bhagat Ford today (29 March 2010) saying that the car is available with them. They further said make the payment and book it under your name. We made the final payment today and would be getting the car on 31st March 2010. And that was really unexpected. Never in my wildest dreams, I had imagined getting it in the month of March. Touchwood, everything goes fine and I get it on 31st.

But there's one issue. Bhagat Ford says that their yard is in Ludhiana and the car will be driven to Chandigarh. And that would add 100 Kms to the odo before it reaches Chandigarh. Hoping the driver drives it sensibly and doesn't over revs it.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:27   #330
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hey guys, had booked 1.4 figo ZXi (white with black dash) on 24th March 2010 at Bhagat Ford Chandigarh. At that time they had said that the car will be delivered within 20 days, and to my surprise, got a call from Bhagat Ford today (29 March 2010) saying that the car is available with them. They further said make the payment and book it under your name. We made the final payment today and would be getting the car on 31st March 2010. And that was really unexpected. Never in my wildest dreams, I had imagined getting it in the month of March. Touchwood, everything goes fine and I get it on 31st.

But there's one issue. Bhagat Ford says that their yard is in Ludhiana and the car will be driven to Chandigarh. And that would add 100 Kms to the odo before it reaches Chandigarh. Hoping the driver drives it sensibly and doesn't over revs it.

See i told you that they are the best ford dealers in the country, Anyways you could do one thing, This is true that their yard is in ludhiana, why dont you go to ludhiana & drive it back to chandigarh?

I drove my Ikon 1.6 when i bought it from them from jallandhar to delhi so i guess it wont be a problem for you.

Otherwise their drivers are really good @ driving , infact he was the one to drive my car from jallandhar to ludhiana & he was perfect at it, I also have a superstition that it was a good omen for my Ikon 1.6.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 29th March 2010 at 19:35.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks