Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 19:32   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hey guys, had booked 1.4 figo ZXi (white with black dash) on 24th March 2010 at Bhagat Ford Chandigarh. At that time they had said that the car will be delivered within 20 days, and to my surprise, got a call from Bhagat Ford today (29 March 2010) saying that the car is available with them. They further said make the payment and book it under your name. We made the final payment today and would be getting the car on 31st March 2010. And that was really unexpected. Never in my wildest dreams, I had imagined getting it in the month of March. Touchwood, everything goes fine and I get it on 31st.

But there's one issue. Bhagat Ford says that their yard is in Ludhiana and the car will be driven to Chandigarh. And that would add 100 Kms to the odo before it reaches Chandigarh. Hoping the driver drives it sensibly and doesn't over revs it.
I'm really happy that you are getting your car so fast! you could drive the car back fromthe yard that will solve all your problems.
No disrespect at all when I say this but What in fords name is going on here?
Me, Revvy and some other have been waiting for ages for our cars and people who just booked the car are getting delivery before us?
Old 29th March 2010, 19:33   #332
BHPian

I'll be sure to check the yard. Billings before 31st? I thought that didnt matter because the 2% excise is already in effect. Besides, in your case you have paid in full right?

Am I missing something here again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Hey Brix, make sure you chk their yard, cos when i called up they said, they would bill all the bookings prior to 31st. Just make sure they give it to you in writing, else it could be jus a trick to pay up.
No - its M.P. scorpio is dealing with T.U I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Brix, does your sales consultant have the initials T.U by any chance?

Last edited by Brix : 29th March 2010 at 19:35.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:34   #333
BHPian

Quote:
This may be true in Delhi, but all cars have to physically go to the RTO in Chennai. The RTO officer verifies the VIN # under the carpet and etches it on to the RC book using a pencil.
Here in Goa, I have frequently seen RTO guys in the stockyard of the car dealers. I don't think the cars go to the RTO offices for inspection. The etching part on the pencil is true here as well.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:37   #334
BHPian

Chandigarh vs Bangalore. Depends on the make, model and available stock with the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Me, Revvy and some other have been waiting for ages for our cars and people who just booked the car are getting delivery before us?
Old 29th March 2010, 19:38   #335
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Here in Goa, I have frequently seen RTO guys in the stockyard of the car dealers. I don't think the cars go to the RTO offices for inspection. The etching part on the pencil is true here as well.

Exactly the same thing happens in Delhi & NCR. I twice found Sonu from the Noida RTO @ South City Ford, Noida. He handles all their Noida registrations from the RTO side & hence the cars never leave the showroom.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:56   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
See i told you that they are the best ford dealers in the country, Anyways you could do one thing, This is true that their yard is in ludhiana, why dont you go to ludhiana & drive it back to chandigarh?

I drove my Ikon 1.6 when i bought it from them from jallandhar to delhi so i guess it wont be a problem for you.

Otherwise their drivers are really good @ driving , infact he was the one to drive my car from jallandhar to ludhiana & he was perfect at it, I also have a superstition that it was a good omen for my Ikon 1.6.
Then let it be a good omen for my 1.4 figo too. Hoping the same driver drives it to Chandigarh.

Will update when I lay my hands on her. A dream come true.

@Mustang.101 - What is this VIN number and where it is etched in the car? And what all do I need to inspect before taking the delivery of the car. I know you had posted the same in bits and parts all over the thread. But it is a request that you again post everything that a first time owner should inspect while taking the delivery of the car in one post.

Last edited by Diesel lover : 29th March 2010 at 20:01.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:04   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
No disrespect at all when I say this but What in fords name is going on here?
Captain, here is my theory ...Early birds like us who committed even before TD, is taken for granted by dealers ! They feel that the customer is so much committed and already in bag, won't go anywhere else even if some delay is there. When new prospective customers walk in, dealers are too eager to get that business as they may just back out when they hear of long waiting period. So, the moral of story is - never make the dealer feel that you are so much committed to buying the car from them ! I am even thinking of reinventing myself as a new customer and walk into another showroom .
Old 29th March 2010, 20:15   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
T
@Mustang.101 - What is this VIN number and where it is etched in the car? And what all do I need to inspect before taking the delivery of the car. I know you had posted the same in bits and parts all over the thread. But it is a request that you again post everything that a first time owner should inspect while taking the delivery of the car in one post.
Even I find myself in the same boat. I had booked on 15th March and by tonight the car will be driven from Kolhapur to Pune. I hope the car is reaches safe and sound.
@Diesellover: Here is a comprehensive PDI checklist.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-kulkarni.html
Old 29th March 2010, 20:17   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Captain, here is my theory ...Early birds like us who committed even before TD, is taken for granted by dealers ! .
Welcome to the imperfect world of logistics and LUCK!

Let's collect a list of Figo bookers who must be going bonkers after Diesel Lover's announcement. I think you guys should send a joint email to the Ford MD if your cars don't turn up by the 31st.

1. CaptainSlow
2. Revy
3. Brix
4. scorpio
5. mkerala- This guy must be going nuts. He was the first to book on this forum I think.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:29   #340
BHPian

To be fair to Ford - I booked on March 22nd. Car was promised in 3rd week of April. Promise still up.

The Sales Cons showed me a list of cars immediately available in the MPL yard. I could choose one, pay and drive away as soon as the formalities were complete. It was a simple table showing the color, variant and a specific count. My choice of variant and color had ZERO stock.

I am awaiting money and didnt want to take a loan. So the later the better.
I was jittery about the 2% hike, but Mustang said that the current prices already reflect the hike.

I've paid only the booking amount so far and not a paisa more. As soon as I get my money I'm going to ask to see the car in the yard then pay for it.

The rest definitely have a cause to worry. If my delivery crosses April 3'rd week, then its my turn to worry.

Diesel lover's case must have been a cancelled booking allotted to him. Lucky, thats all. Also it was Bhagat Ford.

Quote:
I think you guys should send a joint email to the Ford MD if your cars don't turn up by the 31st.

1. CaptainSlow
2. Revy
3. Brix
4. scorpio
5. mkerala- This guy must be going nuts. He was the first to book on this forum I think.

Last edited by Brix : 29th March 2010 at 20:31.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:49   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
To be fair to Ford - I booked on March 22nd. Car was promised in 3rd week of April. Promise still up.
Oh great. I was under the impression that you were expecting delivery by this month end. Are they showing this list of readily available cars to all customers?
Old 29th March 2010, 20:50   #342
BHPian

Quote:
As Mustang suggested, why don't you just go down to the dealer's stockyard and accompany the driver back to the showroom. Multiple benefits to this option:

1. Your car is chauffeur-driven for about 100 kms.
2. Along the way, you can get free tips and advice from the ford driver on how to extract maximum benefit from the car.
3. Befriend the driver and you may just get him to speak to his colleagues and give you better and more customised service than the other customers.
3. You may just pick up some tips on driving skills. Believe me, many of these automobile company drivers are really fantastic in driving skills. Merely sitting with them has been an inspiring experience for me.
Can't miss office. Hard luck. Otherwise I would have myself driven it down to Chandigarh.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:52   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe, it has something to do with Chandigarh itself. It's not a planned city for nothing. A well-planned city + with a well-planned dealer = a very happy customer.
Well said. Just hoping all goes well.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:00   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
...I have one Chill Figo Titanium (Diesel) booked in the family.

Supposed to be delivered today / tomorrow by Kairali Ford...
Just got word that the vehicle got delivered to last Friday. Now, the vehicle is parked at home with no one there to drive!
Old 29th March 2010, 21:15   #345
BHPian

Well, I did mention that I was an employee.
I can say that it was the same as showing the list to a colleague.

But it was in the palm of her hand and she was young and looked vulnerable. She would have shown it to any customer who asked so as to get a booking.

Quote:
Oh great. I was under the impression that you were expecting delivery by this month end. Are they showing this list of readily available cars to all customers?
Congrats - you get all kinds of people with all kinds of situations in this world. Stone present, dog missing. Dog present, stone missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Just got word that the vehicle got delivered to last Friday. Now, the vehicle is parked at home with no one there to drive!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed