Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 21:26   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
"She was young and looked vulnerable. She would have shown it to any customer who asked..."
Picked out of context, the above comments can paint quite a different picture, FIGO-ratively speaking, of course.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:28   #347
Senior - BHPian

The Figo's seem to be flying out of the showrooms. Bhpian's have clearly given the thumbs-up to this car. I hope this pushes Ford to launch the 1.6 real quick (I know that's not going to happen till the 1.2 makes it's place clear)
Old 29th March 2010, 21:29   #348
BHPian

Quote:
... Congrats - you get all kinds of people with all kinds of situations in this world. Stone present, dog missing. Dog present, stone missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
3rd year free warranty offer is applicable across all states as it is being offered by the company. This was confirmed by the dealer.
Thanks yeggina. I hate the extra work they make me do (aka escalation) .. but an uninformed sales rep deserves
Old 29th March 2010, 21:34   #349
BHPian

I knew that would happen, that's why I added the booking part later.

She seemed a good girl, lets not tarnish her name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Picked out of context, the above comments can paint quite a different picture, FIGO-ratively speaking, of course.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:27   #350
Senior - BHPian

Ford can add my name too to the list of cancellations - After listening to promises of my car arriving "either today evening or positively tomorrow" from my dealer (Lathangi - Bangalore) for the past 2 weeks, I have finally decided to cancel my booking. Told my sales person this afternoon when she repeated the same old story, and planning to send the cancellation letter tomorrow.

On second thoughts, I'm not sure if I needed another car immediately anyway - my Ikon 1.6 is serving me pretty well as is - Will wait for a while to see if I really need a Ford Figo.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:46   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Oh great. I was under the impression that you were expecting delivery by this month end. Are they showing this list of readily available cars to all customers?
I was shown this list on two separate visits to MPL Ford at Nandanam.

Can someone confirm OTR prices don't change in Chennai?
Old 29th March 2010, 22:58   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Ford can add my name too to the list of cancellations - After listening to promises of my car arriving "either today evening or positively tomorrow" from my dealer (Lathangi - Bangalore) for the past 2 weeks
Hey Mustang, why are these dealers not in constant touch with Ford on the status of deliveries of the Figo? This "yes-no" dilly-dallying bit seems to be annoying a number of customers. Why can't Ford adopt a system similar to that of a courier service, whereby customers can track down their deliveries through an airway bill number. A 1-2 day margin of error is OK, but a 1-2 week delay is simply unacceptable. These cars are not being shipped from the USA.

Ford seriously needs to address issue quickly before the genuine (not merely "potential") customers start cancelling their bookings. After taking so much pains to bring out a superb VFM, small and affordable hatch, the last thing that Ford needs to to is to mess up big time with the image of the Figo. Starting 20+ dealers in a day is nice, but make them effective and customer-friendly is important.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:13   #353
BANNED

Quote:
No hike in VAT rates? You mean Excise duty?

There is definitely an increase in prices as this is a central budget right?

In fact I picked out a Price Sheet from Maruti and it mentioned the post hike prices. Can you check this fact out?

Quoted from Website:
I think the excise duty is applicable for cars greater than 1200 cc or greater than 4m length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

A car has to be physically present at the RTO <---- Wrong info. This statement is only valid when you yourself are going to get your car registered. If the dealer is doing it, if he's game enough, he has links & your car never sees the RTO office ever in person.

Living example: My fusion+ TDCI never saw the RTO in Delhi & the temp. registration & perm. registration (on the smart card) were done without having to ever go physically to the RTO. A RTO person comes there @ dealership only & does it.
I also think the same. My city kottayam is an small city, but the RTO office here we can't enter there due to the large crowd. I don't think they will come down from the third floor to inspect the vehicle(Even they find difficult to get out of their office through this crowd. )

Quote:
Otherwise, why is it that an unhappy customer screams at the waiter and not the cook for the poor quality of food?

Companies should remember that a pleased customers like Captain Slow are worth a million rupees in advertising and publicity.
I think you got that wrong. Here ford is the cook and dealer is the waiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Just got word that the vehicle got delivered to last Friday. Now, the vehicle is parked at home with no one there to drive!
Congrats, when will you be at home to drive it? Happy to see kairali is started deliveries fasten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Attaching photos of Accident which happened few days back of Figo test drive vehicle
I think these day banglorians are doing crash test in silver figos. Before the lanch i was searching every where to see the crash test pictures of figo, but now getting it in a regular interval.

I also noted that this thread is fast growing. Today the thread started at 100 page and now it is 105 and growing. 5 pages per day, thats really fast.

Also about the usb support of figos there are few problems.

1. There is no Aux to usb converter in market.
2. Aux is analog and usb is digital so cannot plug usb in aux using a cable.

I have heard that at the back of the player there is a usb cable, a extension cable is provided by ford for us to connect usb devices.

Last edited by mkerala : 29th March 2010 at 23:19.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:22   #354
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Welcome to the imperfect world of logistics and LUCK!

Let's collect a list of Figo bookers who must be going bonkers after Diesel Lover's announcement. I think you guys should send a joint email to the Ford MD if your cars don't turn up by the 31st.

1. CaptainSlow
2. Revy
3. Brix
4. scorpio
5. mkerala- This guy must be going nuts. He was the first to book on this forum I think.
I could get my car before anyone gets it on 17th march. Since my sales rep was a nice guy he offered me another colour or variant, but i declined his offer and decided to wait. He now told me that my car is in list for next delivery which will commit within 2-3 days. If its not there i will be angry at him. I hope he keeps his word.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:39   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I could get my car before anyone gets it on 17th march. Since my sales rep was a nice guy he offered me another colour or variant, but i declined his offer and decided to wait. He now told me that my car is in list for next delivery which will commit within 2-3 days. If its not there i will be angry at him. I hope he keeps his word.
By the way, what car did you book? I seem to have lost that bit of information given the number of posts on this hot thread. I saw the different cars at the Ford showroom today and quite liked the "chill" colour. Reminded me of my old Matiz and my present Honda Eterno which had/have a similar colour.

My earlier preference was a ZXI, but I realised that the EXI has just the necessary features that I would like in the car. The EXI has: PS, AC, a music system + 4 speakers (and I don't mind the lack of bluetooth features as I would hate to have everyone in the car listening to my conversation. A Rs 1000-1500 bluetooth headset would do my work just fine), central locking, tachometer, L & R mirrors, d/n rear view mirror, electrical hatch door, etc. The features that I easily do without are: chrome fitments, seat height adjustment, rear wiper and defogger, 6-speed front wiper, etc.

Now, does the EXI have the USB option? the salesman told me this morning that only the last two variants (ZXI & titanium) have the rear USB option on the player, which he said was a Blaupunkt player. Any info on this? I would surely like to have a USB feature (whether front or rear).

Second, any info on whether the steering can be adjusted, as the provision (minus the lever) seems to have been left behind.

Last edited by misquitas : 29th March 2010 at 23:44.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:42   #356
BANNED

Quote:
By the way, what car did you book? I seem to have lost that bit of information given the number of posts on this hot thread.
I booked a squeeze zxi petrol with black dash.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:44   #357
BHPian

Are Ford giving preferential treatment to the dealers up north? I'm asking this because I've visited a bunch of Ford dealerships in and around Delhi over the past couple of weeks and most of them are delivering at least 10-15 cars everyday. I was a Gurgaon dealer last Sunday where I saw 7 Figos getting handed over in a matter of a couple of hours. Wait times are being brought down from more than 1 month to about 20 days now.
However, going by some of the posts in these threads especially by the folks down south, one would think that Ford had stopped production of its new car.

P.S.: This thread is quite literally getting a new post every minute. Every time I refresh the forum main page, this thread is back at the top.

Last edited by khan75 : 29th March 2010 at 23:46.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:53   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Are Ford giving preferential treatment to the dealers up north? I'm asking this because I've visited a bunch of Ford dealerships in and around Delhi over the past couple of weeks and most of them are delivering at least 10-15 cars everyday. I was a Gurgaon dealer last Sunday where I saw 7 Figos getting handed over in a matter of a couple of hours. Wait times are being brought down from more than 1 month to about 20 days now.
However, going by some of the posts in these threads especially by the folks down south, one would think that Ford had stopped production of its new car.

P.S.: This thread is quite literally getting a new post every minute. Every time I refresh the forum main page, this thread is back at the top.
Could be that the National Consumer Redressal Commission is located in Delhi. No point in pissing off North Indian customers, who may also have closer access to the parliament (read ministers/MPs, etc). Anyway, just some loud thinking late into the night.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:58   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Are Ford giving preferential treatment to the dealers up north? I'm asking this because I've visited a bunch of Ford dealerships in and around Delhi over the past couple of weeks and most of them are delivering at least 10-15 cars everyday. I
Not really. A single showroom at Chennai has been delivering about 15 cars every day since last Monday. And I have no doubt that the other dealer is also delivering similar numbers because I myself have spotted 4 Figos sporting the dealer's sticker in the last one week. It's just that TBHP-ians seem to be out of luck as far as deliveries are concerned.

Last edited by Gilead : 29th March 2010 at 23:59.
Old 30th March 2010, 00:35   #360
Senior - BHPian

Well a birdie at Ford India tells me that they are wholeselling around 350 cars per day, and owing to pressure they are also doing these wholesales on weekends.
In fact he told me that this increases to 400 also on few days. I am still wondering where are these cars going.

Looking at the way things are, I can surely tell they dont seem to be going Banglore's way
Closed Thread

Most Viewed