Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 01:12   #361
Senior - BHPian

Very True Revvy
We are totally in the dark about our cars here.

Gilead
all that is going to be too late for us. No point anymore. Unless ford can actually pay the difference amount that we lose thanks to the tax hike.

@ Mustang or anyone else who can answer this.
3rd year warranty is free? Is there any kind of a warranty card or something ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Ford can add my name too to the list of cancellations - After listening to promises of my car arriving "either today evening or positively tomorrow" from my dealer (Lathangi - Bangalore) for the past 2 weeks, I have finally decided to cancel my booking. Told my sales person this afternoon when she repeated the same old story, and planning to send the cancellation letter tomorrow.

On second thoughts, I'm not sure if I needed another car immediately anyway - my Ikon 1.6 is serving me pretty well as is - Will wait for a while to see if I really need a Ford Figo.
Kala sorry to hear this !
Tomorrow is the day for me. If its not here then Im doing the same. My trusty esteem can easily continue running until I find another car.
Shame on the dealers for taking us on a ride like this and shame on ford for treating its customers like this.
3 bhpians i Bangalore!
Myself, Revvy and Kala.

@misquitas

I totally agree with what you are saying. I was open for any COLOR any EXI/ZXI black/silver/red/grey/white Petrol car as long as it was before the month end. And I dont think even this will happen now. Oh well its 1am now.
10 hours from now I will have the car or cancel my booking.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 30th March 2010 at 01:17.
Old 30th March 2010, 02:03   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Tomorrow is the day for me. If its not here then Im doing the same. My trusty esteem can easily continue running until I find another car.
Shame on the dealers for taking us on a ride like this and shame on ford for treating its customers like this.
3 bhpians i Bangalore!
Myself, Revvy and Kala.

Dear, oh dear, the cancellations are now coming in thick and fast. Mustang or anyone at Ford, are you listening? S.O.S, Mayday, do something fast. We at Team-BHP are losing three Figo customers. For us, this means losing three ownership reviews with fantastic photos and scores of useful and educative deliberations on this popular thread.

More than that, Ford is losing valuable three brand ambassadors. Give them some freebies to offset their loss due to the tax hike. Remember, they are in this predicament for no fault of theirs. How often does Ford get customers willing to take ANY colour on any two variants? Think again and think fast before Captain Slow acts Fast in cancelling his booking a few hours from now.
Old 30th March 2010, 08:01   #363
BHPian

I am also in the list to cancel the booking.

booked by paying advance of 25000 for FIGO TDCi Titanium, red on 10th March before test drive. Have filled in the booking form one week before that. Till now no promise of actual date of delivery.

Holidays are coming and we have lot of travel. I was about to sell my Wagon R, luckly didnt do so.
Old 30th March 2010, 08:08   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Not really. A single showroom at Chennai has been delivering about 15 cars every day since last Monday. And I have no doubt that the other dealer is also delivering similar numbers because I myself have spotted 4 Figos sporting the dealer's sticker in the last one week. It's just that TBHP-ians seem to be out of luck as far as deliveries are concerned.
+1. You are right. I spotted a few Figos on road too. Yesterday on my way to office saw a whole bunch of Figos outside MPL for delivery. And while returning home at 9, MPL Ford was still open (never seen these guys stay open after 9) and saw few Figos apart frm TD vehicles. I am sure deliveries are happening fast atleast as soon as these guys receive shipments.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:01   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Brix, does your sales consultant have the initials T.U by any chance?
mined does have T.U.

Yesterday called her up and she said that i will get the VIN number by 31st and delivery withing the next 3- 4 days. I am jus waiting until tomorrow before i make a visit to the MPL ford and create some peaceful ruckus during a busy time. Hoping i won't have to do that.

Its just incredible, Ford manufacturing unit is hardly 50 kms away, the reason being given is that only 20 percent of their deliveries have ebony dashboard. does that mean there is so many booking for Red that comes only with Ebony.

One thing for sure is that the ford functions " build to order" does that mean ford has a step motherly treatment to the host city or the dealers do not care much being it a new car that has been received well are they taking the customers granted. Either way this is going to be bad publicity for them. I hope they get it sorted. Don't push us to the limits.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:01   #366
BHPian

There certainly seems to be a sneaky way of allotting cars to the customers.

Its not in order at all. Oh well, the SC told me that she had 280 bookings at MPL. And if Ford is only sending 20--30 cars, then thats a tall order to match.

Its like politics, the dealer has to keep the company happy and the company has to keep the dealer happy. In the end the customer/public suffer as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
+1. You are right. I spotted a few Figos on road too. Yesterday on my way to office saw a whole bunch of Figos outside MPL for delivery. And while returning home at 9, MPL Ford was still open (never seen these guys stay open after 9) and saw few Figos apart frm TD vehicles. I am sure deliveries are happening fast atleast as soon as these guys receive shipments.
One things the dealers will always ask for is equal treatment across all cities. And I guess thats what is happening.

Yes, built to order seems to be the approach. Atleast now.

Even Ford did not expect so many bookings of its new car. I'm just going to wait it out. I dont want the problems iceman faced. Better late than broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
One thing for sure is that the ford functions " build to order" does that mean ford has a step motherly treatment to the host city or the dealers do not care much being it a new car that has been received well are they taking the customers granted. Either way this is going to be bad publicity for them. I hope they get it sorted. Don't push us to the limits.

Last edited by bblost : 30th March 2010 at 13:25. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:44   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
One things the dealers will always ask for is equal treatment across all cities. And I guess thats what is happening.

Yes, built to order seems to be the approach. Atleast now.

Even Ford did not expect so many bookings of its new car. I'm just going to wait it out. I dont want the problems iceman faced. Better late than broken.
I guess there is no point on just blaming the manufacturing plant, the build to order system works like this.

First the dealer makes an assumption on how much cars demand he will be having post launch, based on this he deposits some amount to the manufacturing unit.

Second, the manufacturing unit builds the car and delivers to him, at the time of launch.

The question is in case if the demand at the dealer's doorstep is higher than what he has anticipated, then the dealer makes a new set of order, which is built by the manufacturing plant on the pro-rata basis to all the dealers who ordered at later point of time.

That is the reason @Mustang has mentioned few dealer are good, its basically that they assumed right number of demand and ordered more cars upfront, but others I guess did not anticipated this much demand, and would have ordered max. 40-50 vehicles going by the history of sales. This is to maintain a good rate of EOQ ratio.

But they were wrong and thats why they are making new orders now, but the manufacturing unit has similar kind of demand from other dealers too.

Basically, for those who questioned what Ford Manufacturing unit was doing all this while since day one, its just that they probably produced only for those who had placed orders, I mean the dealer orders.

This is how the Build-to-order model works and Ford being an MNC dont think thier model would be any different, this is the reason deliveries are seamless in few dealers and delivery is delayed in few dealer locations.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:58   #368
Senior - BHPian

Captain, Any update on your Figo?
Old 30th March 2010, 11:18   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I guess there is no point on just blaming the manufacturing plant, the build to order system works like this.

First the dealer makes an assumption on how much cars demand he will be having post launch, based on this he deposits some amount to the manufacturing unit.

Second, the manufacturing unit builds the car and delivers to him, at the time of launch.

The question is in case if the demand at the dealer's doorstep is higher than what he has anticipated, then the dealer makes a new set of order, which is built by the manufacturing plant on the pro-rata basis to all the dealers who ordered at later point of time.

That is the reason @Mustang has mentioned few dealer are good, its basically that they assumed right number of demand and ordered more cars upfront, but others I guess did not anticipated this much demand, and would have ordered max. 40-50 vehicles going by the history of sales. This is to maintain a good rate of EOQ ratio.

But they were wrong and thats why they are making new orders now, but the manufacturing unit has similar kind of demand from other dealers too.

Basically, for those who questioned what Ford Manufacturing unit was doing all this while since day one, its just that they probably produced only for those who had placed orders, I mean the dealer orders.

This is how the Build-to-order model works and Ford being an MNC dont think thier model would be any different, this is the reason deliveries are seamless in few dealers and delivery is delayed in few dealer locations.
Makes sense and thanks for explaining this.
Old 30th March 2010, 11:45   #370

Make that 4. I sent my cancellation letter to Lathangi on 25th itself. The salesperson tried to dissuade me from cancelling saying he would process my letter after waiting till 27th as he was expecting a few deliveries on Saturday. Not a word from them since.
In any case, I have decided to hang on to my Ikon Flair for some more time.

Quote:
Very True Revvy
We are totally in the dark about our cars here.

Gilead
all that is going to be too late for us. No point anymore. Unless ford can actually pay the difference amount that we lose thanks to the tax hike.

@ Mustang or anyone else who can answer this.
3rd year warranty is free? Is there any kind of a warranty card or something ?

Kala sorry to hear this !
3 bhpians i Bangalore!
Myself, Revvy and Kala.

@misquitas

I totally agree with what you are saying. I was open for any COLOR any EXI/ZXI black/silver/red/grey/white Petrol car as long as it was before the month end. And I dont think even this will happen now. Oh well its 1am now.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:05   #371
BHPian

Do I see some light at the end of tunnel, at last ??!! Today my dealer confirmed that my car is billed, but delivery will happen only 4 - 5 days later. So I will have to cough up 10K extra. I contacted FORD RSM to confirm this and asked for VIN # and I got it. So can I at least hope to get my car by end of this week ? Dealer told car will reach them by 4 Apr only which is a Sunday. I don't know exactly where to look for VIN #, only familiar with chassis and engine number, can somebody help ?

Captain, I hope you will get it by tomorrow ! Wish you good luck in saving the VAT/Tax hilke, my case is already closed :-( . In fact I knew it yesterday itself as no billing was done so far.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:44   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagenix View Post
Make that 4. I sent my cancellation letter to Lathangi on 25th itself. The salesperson tried to dissuade me from cancelling saying he would process my letter after waiting till 27th as he was expecting a few deliveries on Saturday. Not a word from them since.
In any case, I have decided to hang on to my Ikon Flair for some more time.
Really sorry to hear this.

I didnt want to put up names but today they pushed me over the edge! fed up with Metro FORD!! Really had it!

Mr chinthu and some of this seniors at metro ford have been dilly dallying with me for the last 3 days!
First he tells me car will come on Sunday then Monday and finally he says Tuesday thats today.
Today morning when I called him he tells me that the car is in the yard. Later when I tell him that I want to see the car he tells me that they are doing several deliveries and don't have space in the showroom and the drivers are busy. I tell him I can drive down to the yard to check out the car. He does the usual u turn and says that the car is still in the truck and hasn't been unloaded!
when I tell him I want to see my car he says that here is another black exi in the showroom which is being delivered and that I can see that one.

Indirectly he is trying to tell me that I cant see the car before registration.
So its come down to this. He tells me that he needs the remaining payment by Tomorrow morning 11am and he can register the car and bring to the showroom by evening.

I have the DD for the remaining amount sitting with me from the 27 onwards along with the team-bhp PDI list. Made everything ready as I didn't want any delays.

So what should I do now bhpians?? Can any ford guy help with my situation?

@ Revvy
Things seem better for you I pray at-least you get your car after all this trouble even if I dont..

Last edited by Dippy : 31st March 2010 at 10:02. Reason: Please use only two smilies per post. We would request you to go through the rules.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:49   #373
Senior - BHPian

Do not pay until you are ok with the car. Once it is registered in your name you can not do anything. I did PDI before paying the remaining amount and DEALERS ALLOW TO DO PDI BEFORE FULL PAYMENT. My friend did PDI of his Fiesta (talera Ford) and then only paid the full amount.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:49   #374
BANNED

Quote:
R

Do exactly what i am telling you, Go to the showroom & catch hold of Chinthu or any other sales person & drive him down to the yard, If he says 'NO' or whatever then give me his mobile no. & tell me about the name in which your booking has been made.

Dont pay the amount unless you see the car!

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 30th March 2010 at 18:02.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:54   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@ Revvy
Things seem better for you I pray at-least you get your car after all this trouble even if I dont..
Dude, why are you wasting your time with that sales guy. I told you to go meet the GM or the MD and get some real confirmation.

My suggestion is this. Go with the DD either this evening or tomorrow morning and meet the GM/MD. Show him/her the DD and ask for the VIN #. If they give you one, call the Ford RSM and confirm that it's actually actually yours. If it's yours, give them the DD and take off tomorrow. Tell them you will do your PDI at the RTO itself. If they give you more stories about the car sitting in the truck etc, swallow the 10K hit, but don't give the DD. You have to see the car before it goes to the RTO.

I am not sure why you haven't approached any higher ups yet like the GM of the dealership or the Ford RSM.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks