Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 17:58   #376
RGK
Senior - BHPian

RTO offices worked in Mumbai last weekend on Saturday & Sunday to faciliate customers to do the registration.
Even this would not have helped Bangaloreans as deliveries are not done.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:27   #377
Senior - BHPian

So Captain what is your final decision? Have you made up the mind to take the car with out PDI? What if tomorrow also the same stories are repeated?
Old 30th March 2010, 18:33   #378
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
So Captain what is your final decision? Have you made up the mind to take the car with out PDI? What if tomorrow also the same stories are repeated?

I am here if it gets repeated, I think slow has gone to the showroom now after my post, He will report to me & I will talk to Mr. Chinthu at Metro ford & If allegations are found to be true, then i will make sure that a certain person gets fired. whether or not slow (does not cancel/cancels) his booking.

I have made it clear to slow that he should not take delivery of his car if he has not seen/verified his car.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 30th March 2010 at 18:34.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:36   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Mr chinthu and some of this seniors at metro ford have been dilly dallying with me for the last 3 days!
First he tells me car will come on Sunday then Monday and finally he says Tuesday thats today.
Today morning when I called him he tells me that the car is in the yard. Later when I tell him that I want to see the car he tells me that they are doing several deliveries and don't have space in the showroom and the drivers are busy. I tell him I can drive down to the yard to check out the car. He does the usual u turn and says that the car is still in the truck and hasn't been unloaded!
when I tell him I want to see my car he says that here is another black exi in the showroom which is being delivered and that I can see that one.

Indirectly he is trying to tell me that I cant see the car before registration.
So its come down to this. He tells me that he needs the remaining payment by Tomorrow morning 11am and he can register the car and bring to the showroom by evening.
I simply cant understand their fuss to show you YOUR car. Man, your terrible experience and their shoddy marketing skills is making my blood boil. These nerds think they are doing you a big favour in selling you the car. If there is a feedback letter if and when you buy the car, make all negative markings on it.

Problem is, when you have such few dealers, the attitude is: Take it or leave it. If you constantly hassle the lone dealer in your area, they could retaliate when your car comes up for servicing.

Hey Mustang, Just saw your post. Wow, this is getting as exciting as the IPL. The drama is unfolding in real time and Captain Slow is at the showroom. Stay tuned for a blow-by-blow (hopefully, it is not literal) account from Captain Slow. I'm on pins and needles awaiting the outcome of this episode. Damn, where's that F5 button.

Last edited by misquitas : 30th March 2010 at 18:39.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:37   #380
Senior - BHPian

@Captain Slow, really sorry to hear your story. I would give you one advise, see if the situation is really worth cancelling the order itself.

I do understand the dealer has goofed up some stuff here, and of course if you miss the deadline you end up paying some additional money. But what counts is if you are really satisfied with the car or not, if you had liked the car and made up your mind to take it, I would advise dont cancel the booking.

It will be you who will end up not getting any car and the enjoyment with it. The dealer will not get affected either way, think about how you can enjoy the car for next 3-4 years let that be driving your decision making than one VAT deadline which was missed.

But somehow we are seeing this situation only in Bangalore, not sure why.

Last edited by xingamazon : 30th March 2010 at 18:39.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:40   #381
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I simply cant understand their fuss to show you YOUR car. Man, your terrible experience and their shoddy marketing skills is making my blood boil. These nerds think they are doing you a big favour in selling you the car. If there is a feedback letter if and when you buy the car, make all negative markings on it.

Problem is, when you have such few dealers, the attitude is: Take it or leave it. If you constantly hassle the lone dealer in your area, they could retaliate when your car comes up for servicing.

nerds? atleast nerds have some knowledge, these guys are nothing but

If anyone here faces any retaliation during time of servicing of their ford cars then let me know. I am really ****** off today. Though i think this is not very common as service staff usually has a lot of issues with the sales staff. Anyways let me know if you face any serious problems during servicing of your ford car.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 30th March 2010 at 18:45.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:41   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
The service side usually hates the sales side and vice versa, so you might actually get better service if it's known that you fought with sales.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:49   #383
Senior - BHPian

Captain's account make me go mad. What type of attitude is this? 'Take it or get out' for a car worth 6 lacs. Bravo ! Mustang, Please teach these people a lesson or two how to deal with a distressed customer.

Last edited by poloman : 30th March 2010 at 18:51.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:53   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Really sorry to hear this.

I didnt want to put up names but today they pushed me over the edge! fed up with Metro FORD!! Really had it!
Assuming that you must have shown the DD to your dealer, I don't understand why a dealer will be reluctant to show you or give details of your car, unless they are facing some genuine issues. Any idea of other deliveries taking place in Metro Ford when you are there in the showroom?

The problem is I think of immature/inexperienced sales people who seem to over-commit and under-deliver (just like it happens to most IT-projects..isn't it..you know what I mean;-}). These guys give out so many lies / false promises to so many customers, they forget to whom what has been told, and end up tying themselves in knots, covering one lie with another.

Captain, no point in jumping ship at the last moment when you have come so far..this happens all the time and across all dealers. Particularly since it is your first car & first car buying experience, chill out and treat this as a learning experience. In case you cancel now, you stand to lose money, with no guarantee of a better experience with any other dealer.

Best option is to wait out some more, ask for a realistic date from the dealer, but DO NOT compromise on the PDI under any circumstances. Am sure you will forget the horrid experience once you get to see your car, and I will not be suprised if you decide to be generous towards the sales guy, inspite of your torrid experience so far.

Last edited by sanjayc : 30th March 2010 at 18:58.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:00   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Do exactly what i am telling you, Go to the showroom & catch hold of Chinthu or any other sales person & drive him down to the yard, If he says 'NO' or whatever then give me his mobile no. & tell me about the name in which your booking has been made.

Dont pay the amount unless you see the car!
Thanks Mustang, It was a bit too late by the time I went to the showroom they were already gone.
I was ready to drive anyone to the yard and back just to check my car.
The only thing that concerns me now is that will I have the time to check the car tomorrow and and then pay them? They say they need the payment by 11am to register and if I miss the opportunity then from 1st I will will have to pay another 2%.

I have been real nice to them and haven't lost my cool yet.

Im again heading to the showroom by 9 in the morning!

I don't want anyone getting in trouble because of me but yes they should allow us to see the car before they register it. After registration we are stuck with it.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:03   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Dealers are blaming Ford, she infact asked me if you know anyone higher up in Ford to put pressure?
I am not sure if this is causing the delay in the figo deliveries but i was a victim of a goof up at the mahindra side when i booked my scorpio. I had booked on 24/12/2009 with a promised delivery date of Feb 5 2010 and the billing did not happen till Feb 3rd, when i raised this issue with the mahindra corporate office in chennai i got one assigned to me from the yard in 3 days.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:07   #387
BANNED

Quote:
@Mustang i am planning to wait until tomorrow and day after and raise the issue? i am in no hurry, i am ready to wait but would like to know of the time frame.
If you are not in a hurry, just wait for a while & i guess your figo will be there with you soon. btw when did you book the figo?

Quote:
Thanks Mustang, It was a bit too late by the time I went to the showroom
I have been real nice to them and haven't lost my cool yet.

Im again heading to the showroom by 9 in the morning!

Yes you should be at the showroom @ 9, get the 1st salesperson to go with you to the yard, dont just wait for your sales guy, In the yard by 9:45 & back to the dealership by 10:45 & you will still have time to have a cup of tea & then pay your amount
Old 30th March 2010, 22:11   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
If you are not in a hurry, just wait for a while & i guess your figo will be there with you soon. btw when did you book the figo?
i booked it on the 12 and made the payment on 19th of March. I am ready to wait have no issue with that
Old 30th March 2010, 22:17   #389
BANNED

Quote:
i booked it on the 12 and made the payment on 19th of March. I am ready to wait have no issue with that
I Think you should wait for 3-4 weeks from the booking date as you booked a little late & by that time a lot of bookings have been made.

I hope your car gets delivered to you by maximum April 12
Old 30th March 2010, 22:21   #390
BHPian

I dont think you should take it so personally.

Ford could have as well added the cost in it ex showroom price and given it "free". Instead its an option and you can buy it extra. Still its an option and if you dont want it at that price, there's no need to buy it.

I'm sure people in G.P road will bring out a cable that will work this ICE unit soon enough.

In your case, companies like Apple, Sony and Bose also commit daylight/nightlight robbery too. USB chargers cost 2000 bucks from Apple. And are available for Rs.100 in electronic shops.
Welcome to the Accessories business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Ford should stop this daylight robbery. You can't justify a Rs 50 item priced at Rs 1100 for sake of quality.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks