Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 22:27   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I Think you should wait for 3-4 weeks from the booking date as you booked a little late & by that time a lot of bookings have been made.

I hope your car gets delivered to you by maximum April 12
i have no problems with that, infact i wanted to book only after taking a test drive and i did. Dealer made the commitment to this date and i didnt ask them i wanted early. tell me one thing Mustang, i am sure the Ford yeard is filling up with the figo, i know this through my friend, who works in the Figo production assembly itself. around 300 cars are made everyday since 2 weeks and before that about 240 cars a day. Shouldnt there be atleast 13000 cars available since feb till this date. What is going wrong here? I am also an Automotive analyst for an MNC, so was prepared for the 3-4 week wait for a new car. Lets see
Old 30th March 2010, 23:06   #392
BHPian

My experience with Talera Ford here at Pune is not any different. I booked a Colardo Red TDCI titanium on 13 March. The sales rep told me that once my loan is cleared, it will take a max of 2 days for the delivery. Last saturday my SBI loan was cleared and I went to the dealer to get an update on the delivery status. He insisted that I make the remaining payment and he will get the car registered on monday even I can go and see my car at the yard on Sunday. Made some frantic calls to few of my friends who had purchased cars previously (yes this is my first car) and everyone advised me to close the deal ASAP. So I made the remaining down-payment. So far my experience with Talera Ford had been great. But things changed the very next day.

On Sunday morning the Sales rep informs me the Red TDCI he confirmed me, was because someone else had changed his color preference, and now he wants the red one back . He said that my car is on its way and will reach the yard on Tuesday. Today I gave a call to him and he says he cannot guarantee when it will reach . I know I made a mistake by paying him in full. I checked with the bank and the down-payment cheque has not yet been cleared and I am thinking of stopping that Cheque payment. I shall clear it once he shows me the car. I am not in a hurry for my car, but I really didnt like the way they treated me. I fell in love with a Ford the very first time I drove an Ikon flair 2 years back, and since then always wanted a ford as my first car, but the buying experience so far has not been enjoyable.

~Jit
Old 30th March 2010, 23:28   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
We make 300 cars a day & production started in feb 2nd week but then there are other cars also on the same platform & there are dedicated days for the fiesta also plus there have been some holidays also & a lot of TD & display vehicles have been produced.

A lot of them are also in transit. So i think the rush is going to subside soon.
i hope it all sorts out well, i have referred 3 more ppl for Figo and they have booked it.
As far as the aux in and usb confusion goes, the aux in cable takes the lead from 3.5mm hedphone jack. the cable should have both the side male pins.

USB should be on the back of the ICE, in most cases it should be fairly simple cable connection, unless it required the ICE unit to be taken out.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:45   #394
BHPian

So far only ebiz is the only Bhpian from Chennai to get his hands on the Figo.

has anyone else heard from the dealers in MPL or Chennai Ford?
I think ebiz booked his car on 14th march and got it, lucky him.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:54   #395
BANNED

I called the my dealer he clearly stated that "They don't know when they will be able to give me squeeze zxi petrol". They told that I can get any other colour. The ford has not yet given them squeeze zxi petrol. I am going to call up customer care and see what they say.

Last edited by mkerala : 31st March 2010 at 12:08.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:02   #396
Senior - BHPian

I just came back from my dealer. They seem to have 600 bookings in south Kerala (where Kairali ford is the dealer) and the waiting period for the Titanium variants with black (ebony) dash is 4 months!!!! (probably they are playing safe to avoid customers complaining of late delivery).

Hope they are able to put things in place soon. I just hate this waiting period "thing" on cars atleast in this era.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:07   #397
BANNED

I called up the customer care and registered the complaint.

My dealer offer me all other colours, but i still stick to squeeze under any circumstances. He told that ford is not giving them squeeze zxi. Also told he don't know when will he able to get squeeze zxi..
Old 31st March 2010, 12:07   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I just came back from my dealer. They seem to have 600 bookings in south Kerala (where Kairali ford is the dealer) and the waiting period for the Titanium variants with black (ebony) dash is 4 months!!!! (probably they are playing safe to avoid customers complaining of late delivery).

Hope they are able to put things in place soon. I just hate this waiting period "thing" on cars atleast in this era.
I think thats pure marketing hogwash. If they have produced close to 13000 Figos and they have around 9000 bookings that means they still have a stock of 4000. Even if only 10% of that were Titanium models , that shouldn't mean a waiting period of 4 months unless you are looking specifically at only the sea grey colour which was having some out of stock issues at the plant as mentiond by Mustang 101.

Just because some people are willing to wait for 4+ months for a Swift D in Kerala does not automatically mean that they would wait for the same amount of time for the Figo. The Figo is an excellent product at its price point, but Ford have a long long way to go before they reach Maruti's levels in terms of reach and customer satisfaction. And till they are there or somewhere close, its better they try and keep the waiting period to the bare minimum. ( no offence meant to Ford owners) I for one would love to see this product succeed and have Maruti learn a lesson or two from them W.R.T. to product features and pricing.

Last edited by longhorn : 31st March 2010 at 12:17.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:26   #399
BANNED

Got a reply from Abhilash P
Regional Sales Manager (South)

"I have given them around 3 vehicles this month and one more is getting billed by tomorrow. I do not know what sequence you are in the booking at dealership. So you can check with them on this. This is for Coral. If you want Ebony you will get it only in May mid.

oh its petrol is it . We haven't billed any petrol squeeze to them yet. expected to be billed around 18th April

There are customers who booked as early as Nov-Dec without knowing the price. We have 12 variants and seven colours and 106 dealers across India. There are bookings from all of them and it being a new car two to three months waiting period is normal. I am sure you won't regret waiting for the car. We apologize for delay because we do have a limitation on the production of vehicles.

thanks

I understand but we do not have the vehicle as of now and the vehicle is expected only in 3rd Week April."

Can you guys believe that booking started in nov and many booked for squeeze zxi at that time?

Last edited by mkerala : 31st March 2010 at 12:42.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:36   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Got a reply from Abhilash P
Regional Sales Manager (South)

"I have given them around 3 vehicles this month and one more is getting billed by tomorrow. I do not know what sequence you are in the booking at dealership. So you can check with them on this. This is for Coral. If you want Ebony you will get it only in May mid.

oh its petrol is it . We haven't billed any petrol squeeze to them yet. expected to be billed around 18th April"
Doesn't this mean that there is no centralized booking and the dealer can play around with the booking sequence no. if someone is willing to bribe him? This is not looking good. Looks like Mustang 101 needs to swing into action.

@ Mkerala - If I were you, I'd provide some leeway on the trim / colour choice and try and get the car on the road ASAP.

Last edited by longhorn : 31st March 2010 at 12:39.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:39   #401
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Doesn't this mean that there is no centralized booking and the dealer can play around with the booking sequence no. if someone is willing to bribe him? This is not looking good. Looks like Mustang 101 needs to swing into action.

@ Mkerala - If I were you, I'd provide some leeway on the colour choice and try and get the car on the roas ASAP.
I think you didn't read it fully read the rest "oh its petrol is it . We haven't billed any petrol squeeze to them yet. expected to be billed around 18th April"

Its the fault of ford. When i ask for reason he told.

There are customers who booked as early as Nov-Dec without knowing the price. We have 12 variants and seven colours and 106 dealers across India. There are bookings from all of them and it being a new car two to three months waiting period is normal. I am sure you won't regret waiting for the car. We apologize for delay because we do have a limitation on the production of vehicles.

thanks
Old 31st March 2010, 12:41   #402
Senior - BHPian

Seriously doubt black marketeering and under the table dealings by dealers. Nothing can justify these type of insane waiting periods.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:43   #403
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Seriously doubt black marketeering and under the table dealings by dealers. Nothing can justify these type of insane waiting periods.
It was not dealers reply it was from ford. Do ford itself do black marketing?
Old 31st March 2010, 12:44   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I think you didn't read it fully read the rest "oh its petrol is it . We haven't billed any petrol squeeze to them yet. expected to be billed around 18th April"

Its the fault of ford. When i ask for reason he told.

thanks
I find it hard to believe that they haven't billed even a single petrol Exi/Zxi model to Kariali Ford in all this while. AFAIK, you were among the first few to book the car, and IMo most bookings are for the diesel version and since you have booked the petrol version, your ride should have been on the road long back. Something is just not right here.

And 12 variants? AFAIK, there are only 8. Four each for the petrol and diesel. Waiting period on a brand new model is simply unacceptable. Agreed, it may start 2-3 months down the line, but not right from the date of launch. You should have got your car within 2 weeks max. Anything beyond that on a brand new car is not acceptable, especially when they have atleast 1.5 months production as buffer stock prior to launch.

Last edited by longhorn : 31st March 2010 at 12:49.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:47   #405
Senior - BHPian

mkerala, I am not sure who is saying the truth here. Only 3 cars given to a dealer in a month. Hard to believe. Some one has seen delivery of 31 cars on a given day by a Kerala dealer.

Last edited by poloman : 31st March 2010 at 12:48.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks