Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 12:48   #406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Seriously doubt black marketeering and under the table dealings by dealers. Nothing can justify these type of insane waiting periods.
Um, if the demand is more than the supply, there will be a waiting period. No manufacturing unit can create capacity with the initial rush in mind. Capacity will be more in tune with long term stable demand. I am sure you know that a Fortuner has a 6-9 month waiting list. What Ford needs to ensure is that deliveries are made strictly according to booking sequence and not let the dealers get away with underhand dealings.

longhorn: who said 13K Figos have been produced? I find that very hard to believe. I don't think more than 6-7K could have been produced till now.

Last edited by Gilead : 31st March 2010 at 12:51.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:49   #407
BANNED

First for me was fight with maruti due to non-delivery of estilo and cancelled it after 4 months when they said they can't bill car unless i pay full.

When i came to ford i booked it on 18th febuary and payed full. Now ford itself has told they can't bill before 18th april. The reason they are telling is that i didn't book in nov-dec.

What is this? Should i cancel just what i did to my estilo booking?
Old 31st March 2010, 12:50   #408
BANNED

Quote:
mkerala, I am not sure who is saying the truth here. Only 3 cars given to a dealer in a month. Hard to believe. Some one has seen delivery of 31 cars on a given day by a Kerala dealer.
The 3 cars are diesel. Then after that he tells that no petrol squeeze zxi has been billed to kairli ford.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:54   #409
Senior - BHPian

mkerala, I got the point, but do you believe them when they say only 3 diesel cars billed to the dealer in one month? What are you seeing at the dealer place? No deliveries at all?
Old 31st March 2010, 12:56   #410
BANNED

Quote:
mkerala, I got the point, but do you believe them when they say only 3 diesel cars billed to the dealer in one month? What are you seeing at the dealer place? No deliveries at all?
They are talking about diesel zxi squeeze.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:56   #411
BANNED

What a Joke! Nobody has booked a figo in nov/dec as bookings had not started. This RSM incharge of the kottayam region needs some strict action taken against him by ford India.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:59   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
We make 300 cars a day & production started in feb 2nd week but then there are other cars also on the same platform & there are dedicated days for the fiesta also plus there have been some holidays also & a lot of TD & display vehicles have been produced.

A lot of them are also in transit. So i think the rush is going to subside soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Um, if the demand is more than the supply, there will be a waiting period. No manufacturing unit can create capacity with the initial rush in mind. Capacity will be more in tune with long term stable demand. I am sure you know that a Fortuner has a 6-9 month waiting list. What Ford needs to ensure is that deliveries are made strictly according to booking sequence and not let the dealers get away with underhand dealings.

longhorn: who said 13K Figos have been produced? I find that very hard to believe. I don't think more than 6-7K could have been produced till now.
@ Gilead : I think Mustang's post has more or less answered your question. Feb 15 to March 15 - 7500 units. Mar 15 to Mar 31 - 3250 units.
That's 10,750 units. Lets round it off to 10k units. and they are asking mkerala to wait upto April 18th for his vehicle to be billed which means another week from there could be the expected date of delivery. IMHO, Ford were not prepared for this.

Last edited by longhorn : 31st March 2010 at 13:00.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:01   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Would be interesting to see how much bookings Polo garnered as well. March numbers should trigger a lot of discussion when it gets published in the other section
Not sure, ASFIK I would not compare the Figo figures with that of Polo, as I said before the customer to which Polo caters is different from the Figo, but Beat should be one that I would compare Ford with.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:05   #414
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
What a Joke! Nobody has booked a figo in nov/dec as bookings had not started. This RSM incharge of the kottayam region needs some strict action taken against him by ford India.
Details of RSM

emailabhilas@ford.com

Abhilash P
Regional Sales Manager (South)
Ford India Pvt. Ltd.
Ph : +91 - 44- 2455 1053 Fax :+91 - 44 - 2455 9965

Sure he is not a kottayam RSM. He is handling whole south.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:08   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
First for me was fight with maruti due to non-delivery of estilo and cancelled it after 4 months when they said they can't bill car unless i pay full.

When i came to ford i booked it on 18th febuary and payed full. Now ford itself has told they can't bill before 18th april. The reason they are telling is that i didn't book in nov-dec.

What is this? Should i cancel just what i did to my estilo booking?
Hold on buddy. Don't cancel the booking. The Figo IMO is a way better choice than the Estilo. Either go for some other colour, or take Mustang's help and try to get your car billed earlier.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:11   #416
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Hold on buddy. Don't cancel the booking. The Figo IMO is a way better choice than the Estilo. Either go for some other colour, or take Mustang's help and try to get your car billed earlier.
Mustang told me to wait or change color. Ok i will wait to see what happens on 18th april.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:16   #417
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Really cannot understand what has happened to mkerala. On April 18th he has almost waited 2 months after paying full amount. Has the Kairali Ford booked the car for him or rotated the money.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:21   #418
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Really cannot understand what has happened to mkerala. On April 18th he has almost waited 2 months after paying full amount. Has the Kairali Ford booked the car for him or rotated the money.
I can explain simply. No blames to the dealer, its all for ford company.

I booked on 18th February and now when i contacted ford RSM, he told there are bookings from nov-dec, since i booked on February i need to wait till april 3rd week to get my car billed.

Do you believe there was a bulk booking for squeeze petrol in nov-dec? Ford is fooling me.

See my previous post to see full reply from ford.

Is this fords customer experience. Everyone here are blaming at dealers for delay. Ford is responsible for all this. Like someone here said " We will be shouting at the waiter(Here dealer) for bad food instead of cook (ford)."

Last edited by mkerala : 31st March 2010 at 13:28.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:35   #419
Senior - BHPian

If this is how they deal with deliveries, I'm keeping my fingers crossed W.R.T. the service centres. I'm hoping that this is not a disaster in waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I did not mean to directly compare Figo numbers vs Polo numbers. I meant would be interesting to see the market response for both of these cars and whether combined bookings of Figo, Polo, Beat happened to eat into the shares(numbers) of other cars from Maruti, Fiat, Hyundai, etc.
I don't think Maruti/Hyundai numbers would have taken a hit. But this could change in future if Ford are up to the mark W.R.T. customer interaction and service levels. I sure seeing Punto figures taking a hit from the Polo.

Last edited by longhorn : 31st March 2010 at 13:40.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:56   #420
BANNED

I think that the company needs to seriously start bulk deliveries in India very very soon otherwise my mid april, i foresee a lot of cancellations. But i sincerely advise everyone here to wait & be little more patient as these sort of things do happen when a hot car launches (any manufacturer) & i am sure you wont repent it later.

Also i am facing some issues of my own, Please help me out guys. This thread is located @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...se-advice.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks