Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 14:20   #421
BANNED

Ford has told they will able to allot zxi squeeze petrol near by 3rd week of april, so delivery will be about a month.

I don't trust them, they will postpone that date too.

I booked for squeeze zxi petrol on 18th February. Too bad they can't supply there concept color even for a booking on 18th February for top-low end zxi.

Why there is no squeeze petrol zxi with ford? Also i have heard that there are no cars at ford for some colors in some variants. eg: for silver in titanium diesel.

I have paid full payment and now have more than one month to me for looking at the sky and counting the stars.

Last edited by mkerala : 31st March 2010 at 14:22.
Old 31st March 2010, 14:27   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
But i sincerely advise everyone here to wait & be little more patient as these sort of things do happen when a hot car launches (any manufacturer) & i am sure you wont repent it later.
+1 to that (a very big 1). please give them some time if possible. this had to happen with this pricing. it surely will get better.

common guys just think logically. this is sort off the only direct competitor to a 3 year old car that still claims a waiting period. Can you even think of getting a Swift VDi with ABS within a sensible time frame? Atleast ford is delivering the titanium version a lot more faster even though its just launched.

People who are willing to compromise on colour/trim/dash colour are getting their cars much faster. Take my example. I wanted the zxi with black dash. Since it was not available within "my acceptable time frame" i switched to Exi and got delivery within a week. My friend who wants the Red Titanium with black dash is still waiting for news on his car.

Please give them some time to put things in place.
Old 31st March 2010, 14:44   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
But i sincerely advise everyone here to wait & be little more patient as these sort of things do happen when a hot car launches (any manufacturer) & i am sure you wont repent it later.
+1 on that, @mkerala, I know you are quite not happy with the response etc. But I guess we should give Ford guys a chance, you cant expect a company to change from a 2k sales per month to 10k sales per month overnight.

You comments would have been valid if this was say, 1 year down the lane post Figo launch. But its hardly even one month since they started commercial sales of the car.

I do empathize your situation, but please understand here is a company which is trying to cope up with the huge sales figures, we got to give them some chance, bashing them up for every possible mails/ delays is not going to help either the customers not the company.

BTW, its just my opinion as of how, not sure how I would have reacted if I had paid the advance money and was waiting like you.

Last edited by xingamazon : 31st March 2010 at 14:50.
Old 31st March 2010, 14:57   #424
BANNED

Another message from ford regarding my zxi squeeze petrol booking.

We dont have production stock of this model as of now. Also there will be all India strike by truckers from next week. So the delivery can be expected tentatively on 18th .

Thanks
Mahendran
Old 31st March 2010, 14:59   #425
Senior - BHPian

Xingy, the real problem is false promises made just to boost sales. If you anticipate 3-4-5 months delay tell that upfront. Once you collect the full money after promising the car in a week, you should be prepared for criticism.
Old 31st March 2010, 15:33   #426

Finally i have booked my First Car. "Figo" is the name...
@ MPL Ford, Nandanam.

Hats-off to Mustang.101, for addressing most of the queries, from fellow-Bhpian's. Enjoyed all ur post

@mKerala, You have a companion. I too have booked Squeeze. Estimated delivery is 2nd week of May(just bcos of ebony black IP). Go soft on the USB cable stuff. Lets wait, till we see the original cable, then comment on it. Checked with the sales person @ MPL ford, accessories are still not available @ showrooms.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:15   #427
BANNED

Just got another reply from ford MD desk.

"Thank you for contacting Ford India. We are in receipt of your mail addressed to our Managing Director.

Firstly we thank and congratulate you for having chosen our product.We wish to inform you that there has been an overwhelming response to the new variant hence causing a huge demand which has resulted in the delay in the delivery status.We are on one hand very excited and happy with the situation,this is a situation that every car manufacturer would want to be in ,however on the other hand we sincerely regret that we are not able to immediately deliver the vehicles as per the customer demand.We promise that the wait would definitely be worth it, we will do our best to expedite the delivery process of the vehicle.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times."

Its too bad that ford don't have their concept color in stock.

Last edited by mkerala : 31st March 2010 at 16:22.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:42   #428
Senior - BHPian

@ mkerala, it must be really frustrating for you when you hear the news about delay in delivery in every other form. But, I am sure it will be a worthy wait for you and the Figo will be an ultimate companion for you!

I got my first car a MS Zen back in 2002 after a 4 month waiting period. I know how painful it is to wait. But dont lose heart mate. 'All izz well'
Old 31st March 2010, 17:03   #429
Senior - BHPian

Captain's log
Landed up at metro ford at 9.30 sharp I was the only customer here at this time. Again I asked him if I could have a look at my car in the yard before paying. They tell me they don't have enough time/ no drivers as they are doing too many deliveries and some more crap which didn't make any sense.
They also kept telling me that its a brand new car from the factory and not even a showroom demo car and that there would be nothing wrong with it.
Another sales guy joins my sales guy and both tell me that its a brand new car and nothing to worry about.

Finally I gave up on doing a PDI before registration and took down VIN number and gave them the remaining payment.
Got a receipt.

During this time time I handed over my documents for registration.
Finally got done by 12 headed to the office.

They made a promise to deliver the car today by 6PM!
Now they have the complete payment and the car.

I know its too late for me but could something be done about metro ford not letting customers see their cars before full payment? Atleast for other bhpians in the future who buy cars from metro.

The sales person assured me delivery today and promised to call me by evening. So far nothing has happened.
I'm going to wait until 5.30 and give him a call.
Hope I get the car today!

Thanks mustang and thanks to all you bhpians here!

Pray that I get my car today and that everything turns out to be ok.
Old 31st March 2010, 17:08   #430
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to you Captain! That's going to be one sweet car. Dont worry
Old 31st March 2010, 17:13   #431
Senior - BHPian

Let me first wish you all the best in getting your vehicle today evening. I sincerely hope you do and you make your ownership thread today.

May the force be with you! (Star Trek to Star Wars!)
Old 31st March 2010, 17:26   #432
Senior - BHPian

Captain. Call them now and update us on the status. Its very wierd to wait without any info
Old 31st March 2010, 17:49   #433
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Captian. Waiting for your good news tonight..
Old 31st March 2010, 17:54   #434
BHPian

mkerala, it is really frustrating to go through your ordeal..Compared to you, I booked later, though I too is so much pissed off with the promises and disappointments. Finally yesterday I got confirmation from an RSM that my car is billed and he even gave me the VIN #. Dealer too confirmed that billing has happened. But today, whenever I call up dealer, I get a feeling of another drama..The sales person who deals with me, is not picking up calls and somebody else pick up and promise that I will be updated. Latest story from the receptionist whom I called is that the sales person met with an accident this morning and won't be in office for 2 - 3 days ! Last week also, when my calls were too frequent, he suddenly fell sick. Coincidence ? May be...Now I plan to visit dealer tomorrow, and almost prepared to be the "April Fool" ! I am almost sure that I will not get the car with the VIN # that RSM quoted, some last minute "issues and confusion" will happen. Whom should I believe ? The Ford RSM or dealer ? Or all of them are part of this game ? All this while, many people who booked after me, take delivery of their car. I don't know if they paid some "premium". Tomorrow if the dealer is not giving a date for delivery, I too think of canceling. I guess the dealers are delivering out of priority to those who threaten canceling...I never did it, patiently waited. But when I do cancel, it won't be with the intention to put pressure on them.

There was a poster on this forum ( I can't get his name ) who booked on the same day as of me for the same dealer/variant/color. Seeing my story and promises from RSM, he went ahead and canceled ? I don't know what happened to him...May be it worked for him and he got the car and I have no complaints on that, at least he booked on the same day as me.
Old 31st March 2010, 17:55   #435
BHPian

@Captain, call them up. don't let up. Keep calling. I sincerely hope you get your cr today.

@mkerala, man you are a true true fan. I have been following Figo facebook page, and you have been real patient in getting you Figo. Even if for nothing else, Ford should treat his case urgently just for the sake of his loyalty to the car.

I understand there is some roll-in period for every new car to smoothen delivery process. But that way dealers are handling bookings is very very bad and cheap.

Looks like Ford dealers were waiting for this kind of rush and demand to happen. For all this while they were just peacefully delivering cars seeing Maruti/Hyundai handling all the rush and demand. Now they see their opportunity and do not want to let it go. It is as if they are thinking they themselves are in demand and not the cars - "So why not enjoy our star status".

Too bad, but don't know whether Ford would (be able to) do anything with this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks