Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 20:15   #451
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I meant that once your troubles are over & your car gets delivered then after a year would you even think of this for a second & will any of this disappointment matter?
Thats right but, for the last one year i am trying to buy a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Buddy, he has a deep wound inflicted by Ford over the 2-month delay and erratic responses in getting his Figo. To add insult to his wound, others are getting their Figos within days of booking the amount. The scar of this experience is likely to remain for a long time and I'm sure it may matter to him "a year from now." as far as I am concerned, I'd rather buy an Alto after being treated like a king and with promises honoured, rather than having to run from pillar to post and having to deal with false promises to get the Figo. I'm really surprised that Ford couldn't "squeeze" in that one car to the Ford dealer in mkerala's area.

Yes, I know that. What I meant was, could WE ALL send a letter to Ford so that they could expedite your case? I would love to sign on that petition and see you through in this case.

By the way, Mustang, any news from Captain Slow?
No use of petition, ford doesn't have time to manufacture it. They are much interested in more profitable diesel manufacture.
I still haven't got a proper reason from ford for delay. They just say nov-dec booking story. Is squeeze color delay? But i see my dealer offer squeeze for me in exi and titanium. But why no zxi from ford? Who can provide me answer for this. I think as a customer i have the right to know reason. We all know the reason for delay about sea grey from mustang. Mustang, can find the reason behind delay of squeeze zxi petrol? Also black dash is going to come in mid may only.

I think captain is now a real captain in his ship. He will be here most probably at late night. Hope he reach the shore soon in his ship.

Last edited by mkerala : 31st March 2010 at 20:19.
Old 31st March 2010, 20:48   #452
BHPian

@Mustang, are you running short of strings or juggling with too many at once? Pull some string in mkerala's case man? Where is Brix/Kiku?

I don't understand how come there is an issue in this particular case? Is it something to do with color/dash combination?

@mkerala, that MD's reply is a standard mail merge template..it is as good as no reply at all. While I strongly feel you should be getting your car anytime now, given the ruckus that has been created, it is time you start putting your plan B in action.

I suggest you have a calm chat with some senior guys at the dealership and find out what are your options? Is there any other color/trim avlbl which suits you and can be delivered immediately? Go thru your booking form legalese and check if any delivery date is mentioned/committed on the same? Is there any interest the dealership is liable to pay in case of delayed delivery? How much you stand to loose in case you opt for cancellation?

From your posts, I can feel the sense of anger & frustration which is fully justified on your part.

On the brighter side, in case the delay is unavoidable, check with the dealer if they can give a firm date in writing. Spend the days in waiting browsing this forum for learning more about cars, given that it is your first car. That should give some solace. Plan your accessories & other fittings etc. Hey, you can start preparing/managing music in your pen drive/ipod etc..waiting period will vanish like anything if you have a huge music collection. Finish of any pending work so that you can spend more time with your car once it arrives. Visit the travelogue section and check out routes for some long drives you can undertake with your new car.
Go onto ebay and check out various auto-related stuff which you plan to purchase, etc etc.

Buddy, I sincerely apologise, if I have hurt your sentiments regarding the usb cable thing...now I can understand your sheer frustration.

Don't worry too much..these things are too small to fret over, feel bitter about and loose your cool. I am sure once you see your car, all these feeling will simply vanish.

@Captain_Slow, come on mate..be fast..am waiting with bated breath!

Last edited by sanjayc : 31st March 2010 at 20:51.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:01   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
mkerala, it is really frustrating to go through your ordeal..Compared to you, I booked later, though I too is so much pissed off with the promises and disappointments. Finally yesterday I got confirmation from an RSM that my car is billed and he even gave me the VIN #. Dealer too confirmed that billing has happened. But today, whenever I call up dealer, I get a feeling of another drama..The sales person who deals with me, is not picking up calls and somebody else pick up and promise that I will be updated. Latest story from the receptionist whom I called is that the sales person met with an accident this morning and won't be in office for 2 - 3 days ! Last week also, when my calls were too frequent, he suddenly fell sick. Coincidence ? May be...Now I plan to visit dealer tomorrow, and almost prepared to be the "April Fool" ! I am almost sure that I will not get the car with the VIN # that RSM quoted, some last minute "issues and confusion" will happen. Whom should I believe ? The Ford RSM or dealer ? Or all of them are part of this game ? All this while, many people who booked after me, take delivery of their car. I don't know if they paid some "premium". Tomorrow if the dealer is not giving a date for delivery, I too think of canceling. I guess the dealers are delivering out of priority to those who threaten canceling...I never did it, patiently waited. But when I do cancel, it won't be with the intention to put pressure on them.

There was a poster on this forum ( I can't get his name ) who booked on the same day as of me for the same dealer/variant/color. Seeing my story and promises from RSM, he went ahead and canceled ? I don't know what happened to him...May be it worked for him and he got the car and I have no complaints on that, at least he booked on the same day as me.
That's me brother. And if it's any comfort, no I haven't got the car either. Like I said earlier too, I dropped off my cancellation letter on 25th and there has been deathly silence ever since. I've not called the dealer after that but i'm planning to pay him a visit this weekend to get my money back.
Ford is advertising smart and smarter. Guess I'll be smartest and wait till the face-lifted Figo comes along with alloys, ACC and rear power windows.
Anyway, it helped that I came across this old thread by GTO.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...rade-swap.html

My Ikon Flair has done just 56K in 6 years so I think I can get by for another 2 years without an upgrade. The upside is that I got to meet my first bhpian, our very own Nikhil from Madhus who was very helpful when I went there for wheel balancing and a change of tires. There's just two words I can use to describe his service. Top notch. Maybe Ford should send their sales reps to him for education on what customer service is all about.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:04   #454
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
I have seen couple of sqeeze @ Lathangi ford in B'lore. May be you wanna give it a try from here. It would all workout to same except for extra transport.

BTW, They have one squueze zxi or titanium with fog lamps etc etc. looks cool.
Can you please confirm it is a zxi squeeze petrol? Also if possible the booking date and delivery date.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:23   #455
BANNED

@misquitas : I think captain slow has gone to coorg in his new car!
Old 31st March 2010, 22:59   #456
Senior - BHPian

@ Revvy,

Im sorry to hear about your state. do keep me updated on the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Hello guys,
If you were happen to know that a petrol figo zxi squeeze is delivered, could you please inform me? Its very urgent for me.

Thank you
Mekrala
I think I have seen some zxi's in bangalore including squeeze color in the showroom being delivered. I can confirm this tomorrow as Im going to collect my RTO Tax receipt.
Pm me your number MeKrala I can call you and let you from the showroom directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@misquitas : I think captain slow has gone to coorg in his new car!
NO honeymoon nothing for me! we are all dead ! sitting in the showroom for nearly 3 hours!
Promised delivery time 6pm actual delivery time 9pm!!
captain hasnt gone anywhere!! I just got back from metro ford after fueling up at shell!!

The car is a joy to drive.

My car had done exactly 16KM on the ODO! so I guess its new. I got the Good year GT3 tyres and all most all the other Figos had the same except 1-2 that came with apollo.
And she looks really stunning in Black!
The car had the low fuel warning light. AT shell she drank exactly 35.5L of fuel. SO i guess the car had about 9L in the tank.
Car has done 25Km until now lol! DTE shows about 575! which I don't believe.

More on this on my own thread opening up soon

About the dealership experience -

I can understand the delay as they were doing several deliveries today. I have no issues with waiting. Me and 1-2 more customers were waiting there. one of them came from as far as Koramangla! They could have gone to Lathangi. They booked a squeeze color.

My car was the last to come in and as expected it had a small tiny scratch on the bumper on the edge this is very small. Its more like the paint has chipped off near the headlight. Its really tiny but being a bhpian I really didn't like this on a new car On seeing this I got a bit furious.

They told me they can rub it and finish it but they didn't have the running compound I would have to go to the service center.

Some other sales clowns trying to act smart tell me to leave the car there and take it the next day. I refused this.
My sales guy was running around trying to get things done but I could tell he was the new guy and couldn't do much.
By this time everyone who was attending my car vanished as soon the issue was pointed out!
Finally I ask them if they can give it in writing that the bumper a bit chipped off and they would fix it. Which again they refused!
I was taken to the GM by my sales agent and he told me that Whenever I go to the service station they would fix that for me
I hope they do!
After all this finally they come and start cleaning my car it was filled with dirt and mud inside and out!

Lesson to be learned!
Never pay or take your car until you do a pre registration check!

One of the sales clown heard me saying that this is why I wanted to do a pre registration check.
He comes and tell me that we don't allow this! I told him that other dealer and ford themself's would allow this. He says no!

IF anyone wants to buy from metro ford then insist on doing a Pre registration check if they don't allow you to the yard then ask them to get the car to the shop.
I would suggest please go to lathangi maybe you will have better luck there.
Toyota and Honda allow pre registration checks. I saw some members post about this.

Cant ford address this issue about dealers not letting us see cars? Its too late for me but for the other this will be really helpful.
So far its not the car but the dealer that makes the overall experience bad! The car is wonderful from what little I have driven it.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 31st March 2010 at 23:14.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:10   #457
Senior - BHPian

Good news at last captain slow. And the DTE is pretty much accurate atleast on my car. Happy Motoring.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:31   #458
Senior - BHPian

Thats really good news at last Captain, congrats on your new car, some how had a strong feeling you will surely be posting your experience and hoped it would be a good news. Thats why the moment the match got over came to check the thread and there you were with the good news.

Will be waiting for the reveiw and pics keep revving.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:32   #459
Senior - BHPian

Funny that on one hand, people who pre-booked are waiting, whereas on the other hand the Ford dealers are selling very aggressively for new bookings!

Today the showroom lady called me to follow up on the test drive, I told her that 100% I am buying the car, but I need to prepay my current car's loan and get NOC before proceeding. Besides that I want to do a trip to Ooty in a couple of weeks, so I don't want to exchange or put up my current car for sale before that, and also I am not particularly in a hurry. She is trying to convince me to do the booking even before getting the NOC!

What is the hurry to get new bookings? They should concentrate on the people who booked first! New bookings will only mean more frustrated people. At least Maruti is transparent about the waiting period involved, so people know what they are getting into and can plan their schedules and other stuff around it.

Reading these experiences, somehow I get the suspicion that the moment I sign the booking form, I will be treated differently (as was the case with buying Tata Indica a few years back), especially if I apply for a loan and thereby make a commitment.

Or to be fair to them, maybe it varies from dealer to dealer. Or state to state.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:33   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
NO honeymoon nothing for me! we are all dead ! sitting in the showroom for nearly 3 hours!
Promised delivery time 6pm actual delivery time 9pm!!
captain hasnt gone anywhere!! I just got back from metro ford after fueling up at shell!! The car is a joy to drive.
So finally, Captain Slow is with his Figo. For a moment I thought the skipper had abandoned us for today and had gone to bed in his figo-rine! Hearty Congrats and we're proud that you a finally the owner of a beauty. Hoping that mkerala has his day of Figo happiness within the next few days.

By the way, everyone who owns the Figo has been raving about the car. I'm already beginning to feel the urge to sell of my 2008 Alto LXI and rush to the ford dealer ASAP.

Last edited by misquitas : 31st March 2010 at 23:41.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:39   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I sign the booking form, I will be treated differently (as was the case with buying Tata Indica a few years back), especially if I apply for a loan and thereby make a commitment.

Or to be fair to them, maybe it varies from dealer to dealer. Or state to state.
Well you can just try your luch by paying the booking money and wait. Well yuo might get one sooner too. Also I know, the dealer sometimes get deliveries in bulk duing the month end, @Mustang to concur this statement. So may be she is true.
Moreover havent heard any complaint of late delivery from Chennai, or did I miss any?
Old 31st March 2010, 23:48   #462
Senior - BHPian

You're right, I haven't heard of any complaints from Chennai. On the other hand, I haven't heard of anyone booking Figo in Chennai at all (in my friends circle and office circle). Most people's reaction is an incredulous "Why do you go for a non-Maruti? Are you mad?" when I mention Figo

From what I have seen (I may be wrong, sorry if I am), Bangalore and Kerala people are more vehicle enthusiasts, so there may actually be more bookings, and perhaps the state-wise quota system is creating this situation. Just a guess.
Old 1st April 2010, 01:07   #463
Senior - BHPian

@rajushan84 - What is waiting period that is being committed if you book now? Will they give it to you in writing, and offer a full refund of the booking amount if they are not able to meet it within a stipulated time-frame?

I suspect this is the end-of-financial-year rush - new car means no discounts, which in turn means more profits.
Old 1st April 2010, 08:10   #464
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Mekrala
I think I have seen some zxi's in bangalore including squeeze color in the showroom being delivered. I can confirm this tomorrow as Im going to collect my RTO Tax receipt.
Pm me your number MeKrala I can call you and let you from the showroom directly.
If you know that someone has got delivered zxi squeeze petrol, could you please able to collect the booking date?

Ford has said that they will only delivery after nov-dec booking and we know that no body booked at that time.
If someone has got zxi squeeze who is booked after 18th February i could fight with ford.

Also congratulations on you new car.

The thing i can't believe is that many have booked on Nov-dec as per ford for squeeze zxi petrol. Can anyone believe it? By saying this ford delayed my delivery. The delay can be only do to two reason.
1. They are not allotting car according to first come first serve.
2. They are not producing zxi squeeze.

I need to find the reason why ford has delayed my delivery, also need you guys help.
I was thinking critically many times and came to conclusion that ford is cheating me.

The actual booking starting date was on 25th feb. I booked one 18th feb. Now ford saws that there are people who booked before me. Yes i agree.

But how many?
It won't be more than 100.

From it how many booked for sqeeze zxi petrol?
I think not more than 10.

How many car where squeeze zxi petrol out of 10,000?
At least 100

Then where is my car?
Delayed till April third week.

Is that justifiable?

Mustang i expect your view on this.

Everybody please post your views.

I have taken decision that i will cancel on April 30, even if they tell me i get on 1 may.

Only one problem with cancellation, they will be charging me a amount as fine. (Maruti didn't charge me any fine when i cancel my estilo booking, they are good on that at least)

Last edited by mkerala : 1st April 2010 at 08:19.
Old 1st April 2010, 08:42   #465
Senior - BHPian

@Captain:

Congrats on the buy! Good that you raised the storm when you spotted the scratch. And to hell with their statement that PDI's are not allowed. We are not paying peanuts here!

@MKerala:

I do hope Ford is able to do justice to your booking. This is very very unfortunate!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks