Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 08:45   #466
Senior - BHPian

Captain will be court martialled if he does not post detailed pictures of his Figo by today.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:17   #467
BHPian

no Vat on current stock

Hi, As per the news papers today, the Karnataka State hike in VAT by 1% is applicable on new goods only and not on the existing stock from March.

Please confirm and check for folks who are getting billed for existing stock.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:23   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Everybody please post your views.

I have taken decision that i will cancel on April 30, even if they tell me i get on 1 may.

Only one problem with cancellation, they will be charging me a amount as fine. (Maruti didn't charge me any fine when i cancel my estilo booking, they are good on that at least)
Was this part of the booking rule book ? Hope Ford dealers haven't forgotten the consumer courts soo soon.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:30   #469
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

The car is a joy to drive.

And she looks really stunning in Black!

The car is wonderful from what little I have driven it.
Congratulations and best wishes, Captain Slow, on becoming a proud owner of a prized possession. Enjoy driving the beauty. Forget the pain suffered before and during the delivery process. Let it be a lesson for other potential would-be customers.

Old 1st April 2010, 09:32   #470
BHPian

Congrats to Captain. Someone compared it to a movie climax .. well I second it .. and I did like the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
There is no speed limit as such, There is a deceleration sensor which measures deceleration & if it goes above a certain limit, the airbags deploy. This happens in milliseconds.
Shouldn't airbags be linked with "impact force" rather than deceleration?! what if my car is stationary and a high speed vehicle rams in from the front?
Old 1st April 2010, 11:54   #471
BHPian

Hi Guys,

This forum is just going great... I have booked a white titanium diesel from chandigarh yesterday...dealer has promised delivery in the next 20 days.
I am planning to upgrade the tyres to Yokohama S Drive 205/50/15, i have the same ones in my honda city. I welcome your suggestions...
Old 1st April 2010, 12:01   #472
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsyngh View Post
Hi Guys,

This forum is just going great... I have booked a white titanium diesel from chandigarh yesterday...dealer has promised delivery in the next 20 days.
I am planning to upgrade the tyres to Yokohama S Drive 205/50/15, i have the same ones in my honda city. I welcome your suggestions...
Which dealer? btw dont go for this upgrade, it will affect the speedo & your DTE & also your ride.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:22   #473
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Stretchhhed bit more and booked Figo Diesel - EXi today at Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore. The Sales guy came and picked cheq from my dad for 25k at my native - 80km from the dealer place. I gave a letter that remaining amount will be paid after seeing the car in the yard.

I have given ample time for delivery. Said orally I need the car only during 1st week of June. - So 8 weeks delivery time.
-Color not confirmed - will do in a day or two. confusing around moon dust, white & black within our family. Luckily I do not have IP option

Thanks to Mustang,Gilead, ramzsys & karanraheja.

@ramzsys,@karanraheja: will speak when I come there for delivery.

Lot of confusion in selecting the brand and the segment as there was a terrific 2nd hand Logan DLS available (just 14500) Anybody interested in that PM me. Car is damn good - but 2nd owner.

. So did lot of study (new-old, big-small, high end petrol - low end diesel, mileage to be driven etc,etc, lot of reviews) and finally freezed on Figo.

Thanks to GTO - his transparent review ("no single major flaw") is definitely a strong ambassdor for Figo sales and inspired to go for this.

I had some Ford guys who work and they too gave very positive opinion.

So I am bit relieved till my delivery deadline issue starts.....
Old 1st April 2010, 12:25   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Which dealer? btw dont go for this upgrade, it will affect the speedo & your DTE & also your ride.

Hey thanks for the reply, my booking is at Bhagat Ford. You will have to really convience me hard to not go in for that upgrade. Just can't imagine myself driving out my new car from the showroom and not heading straight to the tyre shop.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:26   #475
BANNED

@RGK congrats on your booking, IMHO The Exi looks good in black & white, Silver takes all the panache away from it.

But looks & color choices are subjective & hence its your take.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:34   #476
BANNED

mekrala, I would say take back the money you have paid for car. It was not a smart move to pay them the full amount. You are losing alot of interest and gaining frustration.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:39   #477
BHPian

Finally, IT IS HAPPENING ! Though I missed the 31 Mar deadline to save VAT/rod tax hike in Karnataka, I will get my red hot baby by weekend ! Just got confirmation from dealer that my car has reached Bangalore, they have to do unloading, PDI etc. I can see it tomorrow. As tomorrow is holiday, registration will happen on Saturday only.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:41   #478
Senior - BHPian

Great going Revvy. I think your dealer is Lathangi. I maintain my stand that they are much better to deal with than the pathetic Metro.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:42   #479
Senior - BHPian

Congrats RGK, definitely a great choice of a car, you will surely not regret it later. Of course the same line by GTO is the one which had been tempting me even for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I have given ample time for delivery. Said orally I need the car only during 1st week of June. - So 8 weeks delivery time.
-Color not confirmed - will do in a day or two. confusing around moon dust, white & black within our family. Luckily I do not have IP option
Anyway regarding your comment on the color, I would advise leave it undecided, you never know going by the demand, I would recommend have you options open get the car which is available at the time of taking delivery. So that you dont end up getting disappointed on color choice.
Or is that mandatory to define the colour now?
Old 1st April 2010, 12:45   #480
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Finally, IT IS HAPPENING ! Though I missed the 31 Mar deadline to save VAT/rod tax hike in Karnataka, I will get my red hot baby by weekend ! Just got confirmation from dealer that my car has reached Bangalore, they have to do unloading, PDI etc. I can see it tomorrow. As tomorrow is holiday, registration will happen on Saturday only.
Congratulations! I will be seeing another figo thread soon! First captain slow & then you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks