Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 22:33   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
@ revy
From the yard the car comes without any mats. At the showroom they just put the mats over the carpet which is covered with dirt and mud. They never bothered to clean it.

Another lesson for me don't take deliveries during night time!
dirtying it like that is gross negligence !! I wonder what would be the state of cars delivered today and tomorrow. (owing to the plentiful rainfall that is customary of the Karaga festival day every year)

The PDI checklist thread is very huge. Has anybody here compiled the PDI checklist in a document (doc /pdf) format? I intend to prepare it if one doesn't already exist. Anyone?
Old 1st April 2010, 23:02   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
By the way, this Saturday superstition is something new to me. It is a prevalent custom among certain regions or communities in India?
It depends on what BS (Belief System ) one follows. My dad wouldn't like me taking delivery on an astrologically unfriendly day. He has solid examples to drive his point too. (One of my close friends took delivery on a Wednesday rather than on a Tuesday because the Salesperson said "Tuesday is not very auspicious". It turned out that that particular Wednesday was very inauspicious for my friend and he ended up crashing his car into a circle on his way home from the showroom Luckily, no one was hurt in the accident)

If one is not bound to any such beliefs, then any day of the week should do perfectly fine.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:08   #513
Senior - BHPian

Captain, you just made my day! Finally I am seeing a pic of the front part of a black Figo!

A request - can you post more pics, not so much close up, with a slight distance, from amm angles - front-side views (diagonal left and right), side views, back-side views. Thanks much in advance.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:33   #514
BHPian

On 30th Mar I put my views on this forum on how Talera Ford is delaying the delivery of my FIGO, guess what I got a call today in the afternoon stating my car has arrived at the yard. Are they also a member of this forum and following this thread.

I will be going to the yard on saturday to get the PDI done and then complete the registration. But due to personal reasons cant take the delivery till next Sunday (10/04). Its gonna be a long long wait.
Old 2nd April 2010, 07:43   #515
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
It depends on what BS (Belief System ) one follows. My dad wouldn't like me taking delivery on an astrologically unfriendly day. He has solid examples to drive his point too. (One of my close friends took delivery on a Wednesday rather than on a Tuesday because the Salesperson said "Tuesday is not very auspicious". It turned out that that particular Wednesday was very inauspicious for my friend and he ended up crashing his car into a circle on his way home from the showroom Luckily, no one was hurt in the accident)

If one is not bound to any such beliefs, then any day of the week should do perfectly fine.
When we look deep into these belief we can see that all days in week is bad to some people. So there is no point in saying monday is good day or another day is good day, it may be a bad day to others.

The only thing to do is the go and take the car on the day you belive rather than listening to others.

Also sometimes these sales person forces us there day belief and tells to take delivery on that day only, which i think it is bad. They should let us choose the day.

Quote:
Hey Mustang, is it true that the black Figo will absorb more heat than the other colours? Captain Slow's black Figo's a real black beauty. I wonder if it is really true that black cars look dirtier or that they don't look as clean when washed as compared to other coloured-cars.
It is little physics. Here i can explain

We see objects in light only. The color that we see are not color, but it a reflection of light. If there is no light we call it dark. That is the feature of black. It will not reflect the light so it is dark. Since it absorb all light falling on it, it will be hot under the sun.

White color is a combination of all seven colors of a rainbow. So when light falls on it, it reflect all the seven colors, so it is cool compared to other colors and it is used widely in desert countries.

Other colors like red absorb certain colors and reflect certain other colors.

About washing i have heard that, black fades faster, it may be because of it.
I hope you understand my tutorial.

Last edited by mkerala : 2nd April 2010 at 07:45.
Old 2nd April 2010, 08:21   #516
BANNED

Quote:
Maybe, you all Figo owners should be called Figo India Group Owners (F.I.G.O)!

Hey Mustang, is it true that the black Figo will absorb more heat than the other colours? Captain Slow's black Figo's a real black beauty. I wonder if it is really true that black cars look dirtier or that they don't look as clean when washed as compared to other coloured-cars.

Yes i have a panther black fusion & a moondust silver ikon, & the black car gets heated a little more in sunlight.

However my silver car has d.grey interiors & black car has beige interiors so the difference is not much.
Old 2nd April 2010, 08:42   #517
Senior - BHPian

Here is the Good News for all those who are waiting for their Figo's.

"Ford India will start a second shift at its plant near here (chennai), following a good response to the just launched Ford Figo." - Source: The Hindu

@mkerala: Please don't cancel the booking. I'm sure you will get the car early. Its a difficult situation. Happy to know that a good car is getting appreciated by the market (finally!!!) and Sad to hear stories like yours where even after full payment (way back in time) you are having to wait for eternity to get the car delivered!
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:22   #518
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your suggestions on how to make payment to dealer in a safe way ! I will most likely choose the option of taking a DD or doing RTGS from bank tomorrow. When we try to do transfer ourselves through internet banking, there is a limit if 1L per day for NEFT. Not sure on RTGS, never tried that. For ICICI bank, even transfer to another account (dealer's) in the same bank has a limit of 1L per day.

@ Mustang - Saturday being not auspicious for taking delivery of car - it is confusing as some people find it a good day ! My sis-in-law took their new car recently on a Saturday and the dealers were insisting that it is a good day. May be they have their on logistics issues (number of delivery per day to manage) and push the customer to take it on Saturday ! Dealers are smart people, able to convince buyers. So I haven't made up my mind yet. As Captain observed, taking delivery in the evening/night is not good as many things will be missed. So, here is my plan - get the registration done Saturday, do a through checking on Saturday afternoon/evening and even go through the briefing/familiarization by sales people, make all payment etc..In short, do everything except taking keys. Then come on Sunday morning, just drive the baby home. Now I need to check with dealers, they may have many deliveries lined up for Sunday and would want to push mine early.
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:31   #519
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
@ Mustang - Saturday being not auspicious for taking delivery of car - it is confusing as some people find it a good day ! My sis-in-law took their new car recently on a Saturday and the dealers were insisting that it is a good day. May be they have their on logistics issues (number of delivery per day to manage) and push the customer to take it on Saturday ! Dealers are smart people, able to convince buyers. So I haven't made up my mind yet. As Captain observed, taking delivery in the evening/night is not good as many things will be missed. So, here is my plan - get the registration done Saturday, do a through checking on Saturday afternoon/evening and even go through the briefing/familiarization by sales people, make all payment etc..In short, do everything except taking keys. Then come on Sunday morning, just drive the baby home. Now I need to check with dealers, they may have many deliveries lined up for Sunday and would want to push mine early.
I think this would be fair enough. Tell him that your car delivery should be no.1 on sunday.
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:36   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Guys, I don't understand how these guys are capable of getting the insides of the car so dirty . Especially when the initial odo reading is so low. I can understand the exterior of the car being covered in a layer of dust. But how in the world do they manage to do this to the interior??
I had a look into Captain_Slow's car floor pic and was trying to compare it with mine when I took my delivery.

As the floor is of black color for him, any dry grass/dust particles/road mud can make it look dirty. And it can be easily caused when anyone gets into with a dirty shoe. Remember floor mats are fitted at last just before delivery. However, its true again they should have cleaned it. May be they were too busy.

About deliveries: I called up my Sales Advisor today for my Fiesta smart card. I also had a small chitchat with him about Figo.

[To begin with, he does not speak non-sense and I really appreciate him for that.]
He (in fact the dealer) seems to be really concerned about the delay in getting cars from the factory. They also had huge bookings but very less cars. As per him, FORD has under-delivered till now from what they have promised. As a result, they are failing in their commitments to deliver to customers.

I asked him specifically whether they had failed to get the booking projections correctly, to which he said NO. They are just not getting enough & required cars.

Hope this soothes some prospective buyers. My advice to all: If you have waited for so much, just wait for few more days. It will be worth the wait.
Old 2nd April 2010, 13:51   #521
Senior - BHPian

Revvy let us know if you did the PDI and if everything was ok.

@ others
It was late night around 9 - 9.30 thats another reason they pushed me out in a hurry and in a mess. Also they didnt like the fact that I saw the paint was chipped off on the bumper and pointed it out.
Old 2nd April 2010, 13:52   #522
BANNED

@ captain where is your ownership thread?
Old 2nd April 2010, 13:56   #523
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Regarding Fog lamps to be fitted, the kit comes as total assembly inclusive of lamps, connecting wires and switch. So they replace the switch also and it costs 5,500/- at chennai. So even titanium/zxi do not have provision in the switches.

Chennai Ford has all colors. Not able to decide and confirm between black & white. I touched the body of white with my right hand (on left fender with same) for 2 seconds and did the same for 2 seconds on the body of black. Black was very much hot than White. But black looks newer than white.

<<<It is little physics. Here i can explain

We see objects in light only. The color that we see are not color, but it a reflection of light. If there is no light we call it dark. That is the feature of black. It will not reflect the light so it is dark. Since it absorb all light falling on it, it will be hot under the sun.

White color is a combination of all seven colors of a rainbow. So when light falls on it, it reflect all the seven colors, so it is cool compared to other colors and it is used widely in desert countries.

Other colors like red absorb certain colors and reflect certain other colors.

About washing i have heard that, black fades faster, it may be because of it.
I hope you understand my tutorial.>>

Great explanation - Thanks So for hotter climates white is a better choice. Buyers in coimbatore & bangalore can go for black as their climate very much cooler than other places

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd April 2010 at 12:27. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:13   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@ captain where is your ownership thread?
aye aye mustang!! One onwership thread coming up today

btw I'm still on TC plates can I drive around the city ? I have the Insurance and tax paper for my car.
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:15   #525
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<Thanks everyone for your suggestions on how to make payment to dealer in a safe way ! I will most likely choose the option of taking a DD or doing RTGS from bank tomorrow. When we try to do transfer ourselves through internet banking, there is a limit if 1L per day for NEFT. Not sure on RTGS, never tried that. For ICICI bank, even transfer to another account (dealer's) in the same bank has a limit of 1L per day.>>>
RTGS & NEFT works like this
RTGS - the minimum amount to transfer is 1 lac - as it is done immediately across india and to all banks
NEFT - any min amount, but takes a minimum of one day (if it is done before 9.30 am) or max 2 days.
And the limit for both is 5 lac on a single day. SBI has these features and I dont think ICICI may not differ much from this. Better to call ICICI customer care and get it confirmed today so that you can plan well and have things ready

sorry for the typo, it should be
I dont think ICICI may differ much from this.

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd April 2010 at 12:27. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks