Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:38   #526
BANNED

New update regarding my booking.

I contacted one of employee from ford in facebook. He is from Kerala and was interested to see me as a figo fan in Facebook. He promised me to help in my case. Below is his reply.

"you know that booking was started in Feb only.You know within ourself people are working round the clock to make sure the car reaches to customer at higest quality level.The market response is overwheming and to cope up the demand we are moving into 2 shift operation. Sqeeze petrol is availble, we make car based on order to build concept so no doubt it will reach you."

After April 30th I am need to look into Nissan Micra, hope detailed test drive report will be here soon or in may.
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:49   #527
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Even if you go for a micra, i dont think there will be a nissan showroom in kottayam. I am pretty sure you will get your figo in april itself.
Nissan is in the same path of ford. Opened a high capacity plant in Chennai, invited dealership in many city including kottayam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Here is the Good News for all those who are waiting for their Figo's.

"Ford India will start a second shift at its plant near here (chennai), following a good response to the just launched Ford Figo." - Source: The Hindu

@mkerala: Please don't cancel the booking. I'm sure you will get the car early. Its a difficult situation. Happy to know that a good car is getting appreciated by the market (finally!!!) and Sad to hear stories like yours where even after full payment (way back in time) you are having to wait for eternity to get the car delivered!
I don't have any hope, may be i get car within 3 or 4 months. Even they start second or third shift they are interested in manufacturing diesel which is more profitable and more customers for it. When other companies have 70-80k for diesel, ford has 100k difference. The thing we "Feel the difference" from ford are.

1. They don't deliver car according to bookings.
2. They don't even build car according to bookings.
3. They take booking for colors which are not even manufactured.
4. They tell to the customer false stories like nov-dec bookings.
5. They say less cost of ownership and charge customers Rs 1100 for Rs 50 USB cable.

These are at least true in my case.
Also i didn't say i cancel the booking today or tomorrow, but will surely cancel on 30th April. I think that much time is enough for them to make there first zxi squeeze petrol and deliver me if they are interested.

The only question is

"Is it possible for ford to manufacture squeeze zxi petrol for the first time and deliver to me within April?"

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd April 2010 at 12:28. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 2nd April 2010, 16:02   #528
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Thanks everyone for your suggestions on how to make payment to dealer in a safe way ! I will most likely choose the option of taking a DD or doing RTGS from bank tomorrow. When we try to do transfer ourselves through internet banking, there is a limit if 1L per day for NEFT. Not sure on RTGS, never tried that. For ICICI bank, even transfer to another account (dealer's) in the same bank has a limit of 1L per day.
I suggest for RTGS since its 100% safe, fast and free. A DD will cost you about Rs 1000 and if you or your dealer lose it, then the money will be gone(Yes no one can get that money, but you need the DD to cancel and get the money or your dealer need the DD to get paid).

I also suggest do RTGS from bank since they can track the money status easily and you get a bank sealed receipt.

ICICI don't have RTGS in net banking since the minimum about for RTGS is Rs 1 lahks and there maximum amount limit per day is Rs 1 lahks. HDFC has RTGS in net banking with limit of R 10 lakhs per day.

Sunday is good day(Not according to any belief) there will be less traffic and easy to drive a unknown drive experience car safely. You can enjoy the ride in low traffic and also can visit friends and family as it is a holiday. But i have question whether your dealer opens on that day? Here in my city no dealer or any shop opens on Sunday unless there is a festival season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
off topic: 1869 post in this thread, highest in terms of replies
second highest in terms of Views next to Punto Test drive, considering this thread started some 6 months later than punto thread. Hottest topic ever?! Yes
Yes, i think this thread going to break the records here. Whats the current highest?

Quote:
As a result of that, I managed to establish a direct communication line with RSM who didn't mind calling from his mobile to talk to me. I did not pester him with frequent calls after that, always tried the SMS route and he was prompt in replying. I hope he will be reading this
I think the RSm south name is P abhilash, he is very fast in reply to my emails.
But no use, he said the false story of nov-dec bookings to me and delayed my booking till April end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
agreed Poloman, something other VM or Bhpian's working for other such VM to take note. Even if some may assume that Mustang is being asked to do by Ford or if he is doing on his own free will. It needs to be appreciated.

As a customer it feels good to know that someone cares to answer, Kudos to Mustang and other Ford Bhpians supporting the people interested in Figo and those owning them. good work on their part.
"Every Little Helps"
Mustang and other ford people helped us a lot by providing us insider information and other helps regarding buying and owning figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Great explanation - Thanks So for hotter climates white is a better choice. Buyers in coimbatore & bangalore can go for black as their climate very much cooler than other places
Yes you are right. If your car will be most time under the sun you shouldn't consider the black. White is cool, for other colors are between this white and black. Heat on car varies from high hot black to cool white, where other colors are between these.
Old 2nd April 2010, 16:29   #529
BHPian

Ok..I will be off to Lathangi in another half an hour, armed with the T-BHP checklist for PDI. My car is already in the showroom, I got confirmation on that. Plans to take couple of pics so that I can give a sneak preview here !

@RGK - yes, RTGS is the better option for moving large amounts. I always used NEFT as RTGS has a minimum amount criteria of 1L. It is immediate on RTGS working days, but today being a "holiday" for RTGS, my transfer would reach dealer's account by tomorrow morning only. Checked with dealer, they are fine with that as I have already made 40% of downpayment.

I may take delivery tomorrow itself if they can give before 4:50 PM. My in-laws did some checking of the date/time etc and finds tomorrow a good day ! Personally, I don't think about it too much, but just to make them feel comfortable, I am planning that way. OK BHPians, hope to release couple of previews by tonight !
Old 2nd April 2010, 16:32   #530
BANNED

Quote:
Ok..I will be off to Lathangi in another half an hour, armed with the T-BHP checklist for PDI. My car is already in the showroom, I got confirmation on that. Plans to take couple of pics so that I can give a sneak preview here !

@RGK - yes, RTGS is the better option for moving large amounts. I always used NEFT as RTGS has a minimum amount criteria of 1L. It is immediate on RTGS working days, but today being a "holiday" for RTGS, my transfer would reach dealer's account by tomorrow morning only. Checked with dealer, they are fine with that as I have already made 40% of downpayment.

I may take delivery tomorrow itself if they can give before 4:50 PM. My in-laws did some checking of the date/time etc and finds tomorrow a good day ! Personally, I don't think about it too much, but just to make them feel comfortable, I am planning that way. OK BHPians, hope to release couple of previews by tonight !
Good luck. We will be waiting for some shots from you. Also if possible can you get some picture of chill color, i have seen only a one chill rear.
Old 2nd April 2010, 16:47   #531
BANNED

Hello everyone,
Did i forgot to tell this "I booked two cars for the last one year but i have been to one sales rep" Can you guys guess the answer? It a funny answer.

After i booked my estilo(First booking) and waited for 3 month my sales rep fought with his GM in my case and took resignation from maruti dealership.

After one more month I canceled my booking and waited for figo for few months. Then gone to ford dealership to book figo and saw him there and he is my sales rep now.
I think its time for him to resign from ford dealership too.
Old 2nd April 2010, 17:21   #532
BANNED

@mkerala : You should tell the GM at karaili ford that this guy did this to you when you wanted an estilo & he should make sure that he does not do this to you this time.
Old 2nd April 2010, 17:30   #533
BANNED

Quote:
@mkerala : You should tell the GM at karaili ford that this guy did this to you when you wanted an estilo & he should make sure that he does not do this to you this time.
What did this guy do to me badly? He is best person and help me a lot. His resignation for the reason the GM at maruti delayed my booking. He is a nice guy.

Now ford is delaying my booking. Ford itself has told me that they won't allot me anywhere before third week of April. Last time he resign due to a bad GM at maruti who won't consider my booking unless i pay him full amount.

I said he will be taking a resignation due to ford itself. He took resignation from maruti voluntary due to the bad GM.

About him, he is now team leader at kairali ford here, he was working at maruti from 2003 onwards until a stupid new GM arrive there. He has lot of experience in automobile field. He is reliable in giving me informations.

Last edited by mkerala : 2nd April 2010 at 17:31.
Old 2nd April 2010, 17:32   #534
BANNED

oh, i did not know that, i thought he was responsible for your earlier cancellation. Anyways you will get the car this month, I am 100% sure!
Old 2nd April 2010, 17:33   #535
BANNED

Quote:
oh, i did not know that, i thought he was responsible for your earlier cancellation. Anyways you will get the car this month, I am 100% sure!
Ok lets wait and see. I also hope for it, so i could stop hunting for a car which i doing am for the last one year.
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:25   #536
Senior - BHPian

@ revvy,

Good luck with your PDI and please keep us updated.

Mkerala
your experience has to be the worst among all of us here. Really sorry for you and hope things get sorted out soon.
While taking delivery of my car I saw a Squezze Exi petrol at the showroom. I was told that this car was alloted to somebody.
And one of the customers waiting along with me on the same day had booked a 1.4 diesel squeeze color and was expecting delivery same day as me. I'm very sure that atleast 5-6 Squezze colored cars were delivered to customers in Bangalore. Infact the very first car delivered in bangalore was a squeeze color. But I'm not sure if they were petrol or diesels.

After all thats happening around, Honestly I'm disappointed with Ford and their so dealerships.
Everyone who got or are getting their figos had to go through a lot just to get a hatchback car.
The buying experience for all of us wasn't smooth as it should have been. The dealers and ford think they are doing us a favor by selling us the car. Its not like we are getting the cars for free. They forgot about the 4.5 - 6.5 Lks we paid to them ?

Attaching some proper picture of my car. Yes the car is a bit dirty. I was driving it around the city today. More picture coming up in my thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-img_41242.jpg  

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-img_4126.jpg  

Last edited by Captain Slow : 2nd April 2010 at 18:33.
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:30   #537
Senior - BHPian

Silver is making Figo look dull. But Captain's Black one is gorgeous. What color is your dash?
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:39   #538
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Silver is making Figo look dull. But Captain's Black one is gorgeous. What color is your dash?
Whose dash? Me. I was interested in black, but if black not available i will go for coral too.
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:45   #539
BANNED

@poloman IMO Captain's dash is black! I drove a black titanium petrol today with the coral dash!

@everyone A lot of people were checking out the car as i had rolled down the window & there were many glances. IMHO it looked really nice & custom modded. Must see at a showroom near you guys if you cant decide on a color.

PS - I have never received so much attention in a ford car before except for the time when i drove the then unlaunched aquarius fiesta.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 2nd April 2010 at 18:47.
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:37   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, I could see my baby in flesh !
And doesn't she look just awesome in RED!!! The only issue i found with this colour is that it makes the car look smaller on the road. White, Silver and Chill makes i look bigger. But it surely is a looker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
There is no radio antenna on your figo. Did you noticed it? It is a titanium and still antenna missing. You should add antenna to PDI list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I think every one here have at least one problem after PDI. I think antenna must have broken during transport in trucks.
Quote:
Antenna is removed during transit & is only fixed minutes prior to taking delivery.

@Revvy : No need to worry, they will fix the antenna prior to your delivery.

Yes Revvy. Just dont worry about it. It was the same on all cars when they came to the dealer here too. It will be inside the car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks