Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:49   #541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
And doesn't she look just awesome in RED!!! The only issue i found with this colour is that it makes the car look smaller on the road. White, Silver and Chill makes i look bigger. But it surely is a looker.

Yes Revvy. Just dont worry about it. It was the same on all cars when they came to the dealer here too. It will be inside the car.
Thanks mustang & gemi for the information on antenna ! So I don't have to make a call to dealer tomorrow morning to check on this. Yes, lighter colors make the car look bigger on road. Especially white, it almost look as big as the next segment car ! I am fine with it looking a bit smaller, as long as the space inside is same . The red has a sporty look and I guess it will look even better with sun films. Oh yes, T-BHP stickers are already planned, I would be placing the order by tomorrow
Old 2nd April 2010, 23:53   #542
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Revy!!

The car looks awesome in RED And yes Lathangi seem way better than metro ford they allowed you to see the car before registration.
Finally your beauty is all most in your arms.
Old 3rd April 2010, 00:23   #543
Senior - BHPian

ScanD happens to everyone but I can understand how you feel I was also the same a month ago. Few more posts and your posts will show up when you post them.

@everyone here my ownership report. Its not a typical ownership report.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...delivered.html

Last edited by Captain Slow : 3rd April 2010 at 00:25.
Old 3rd April 2010, 07:58   #544
BANNED

I got a message from facebook figo fan for team bhpians.

"Ish ਸਿੰਘ:one more Figo on road will surelly write my review as soon as i receive my membership approval 'dying to do so'...."

Hope mods will approve his membership soon so that we can have his review too.
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:32   #545
BHPian

@mkerala, your delay in delivery may turn out to be a boon in disguise..now that few petrol figo reviews are up & running, you may still have some time to decide between petrol/diesel;-}
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:10   #546
BANNED

A little OT here : I just got a letter from the HR that my transfer to Delhi is confirmed & I will be joining the regional office of Ford India In New Delhi on 12th April.

So you will be getting a lot less insider info from my side but i will be travelling to Chennai every month for 3-4 days & I will try & bring you the latest from the plant.

No Pics from my side though now. Plus Delhi guys, You will be able to see both of my cars in Chennai, Both have team-bhp stickers on them.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 3rd April 2010 at 09:11.
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:22   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
A little OT here : I just got a letter from the HR that my transfer to Delhi is confirmed & I will be joining the regional office of Ford India In New Delhi on 12th April.

So you will be getting a lot less insider info from my side but i will be travelling to Chennai every month for 3-4 days & I will try & bring you the latest from the plant.
Mustang, I guess the Delhi move is as per your choice. But it is a loss for T-BHP as we are losing our "eyes & ears" at Ford Chennai . We are sure that you have enough contacts in Chennai to keep the news and info flowing as always ! Good luck with your new posting and enjoy Delhi ! With summer start to peaking there, you would surely need a Figo to keep you cool !
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:54   #548
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Mustang, I guess the Delhi move is as per your choice. But it is a loss for T-BHP as we are losing our "eyes & ears" at Ford Chennai . We are sure that you have enough contacts in Chennai to keep the news and info flowing as always ! Good luck with your new posting and enjoy Delhi ! With summer start to peaking there, you would surely need a Figo to keep you cool !
Yes, its going to really hot in delhi, but my ikon & fusion will keep me cool. Can you believe that my ikon has never got an AC service done up? Its been 8 years since i bought it.

Anyways i will keep the news flowing.

PS - If there is no launching news from ford india about the new fiesta sedan or a figo 1.6 by the year end then i am going to buy myself a current gen fiesta 1.6S to replace my ikon. Decision is final

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 3rd April 2010 at 10:56.
Old 3rd April 2010, 13:36   #549
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No Pics from my side though now. Plus Delhi guys, You will be able to see both of my cars in Chennai, Both have team-bhp stickers on them.
Not a good news for BHPians especially Figoians...

give a proper KT (knowledge transfer) to your successor and leave Chennai. I think you are going to enjoy Chennai,Delhi summers this time...
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:25   #550
BHPian

Sorry for being out of action. Had religious committments (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, etc) and when I came back on team-bhp, I had pages of Figo, figo and more figo. And with more parallel Figo threads opening up, it makes it more difficult to catch up with all Figo discussions. How I wish there was only ONE thread pertaining to everything about Figo. Not only would it have been easier to follow the Figo discussions, it would prevent parallel threads all over the place. Anyway, that's my opinion.

Anyway, ready in the papers in Goa that 21 Figo's were delivered on Tuesday. Happened to see quite a few Figo's on the roads. I must admit that it is easy to spot the Squeeze Figo on the road due to its unusual colour.

Good to note that many are taking (or are in the process of taking) possession of their beauties. The reference to the Figo as "donkey" is odd. Having driven the Alto, I would find the Figo a cheetah in comparison. Describing the Figo as a "donkey" is also misleading. Donkeys are generally perceived to rank low on the intelligence scale. The Figo, on the other hand, ranks high, very high on the intelligence scale in its category. How many cars (within a price of about Rs 4.3 L -- Figo Petrol EXI) would offer you a slew of safety features (hazard warning one of rapid deceleration, lane-change signal, anti-submerine seats, Hatch door lock at certain speeds, threatre dimmer on display panel, etc.) let alone a truckload of other useful features and accessories? Previously, none of these safety features could have been present in a Rs 4.5 lakh car, that is, until the arrival of the Figo.
Old 4th April 2010, 19:39   #551
BHPian

Hello people - I'm back. Went on a short vacation to Kodai.

Seems like a lot of updates have occurred, I read a few pages from the mobile site of TBHP. But the updates were happening too fast. Just finished reading pages from 117-132.

BTW - spotted a white Figo in Kodai near Guna caves. Was shell shocked to see a Figo there. The plates were 7778, as I remember. It was carrying a full load of passengers, probably 5-6 and the wheel arches were near touching the tires. But it made its way deftly and soon disappeared from sight.

@Captain - Glad you got your ride.
@mkerala - I think God wants to test you on your patience and driving skills before giving you a car.
@monotony - I work in Ford and dont need special marketing. I am no loyalist and get the best horse I can for my money. No conspiracy theory required. I'm not a fanboy of any product, and if I were I would have gone for a Maruti. I make my decisions by trying to read all the facts.
@Mustang - Ah - leaving for Delhi.... . Must have been quite an experience with the Figo. Will really miss your updates and knowledge.

Zxi seems to be the best option as I see it. Very good value for money. I would have gone for Titanium but I didnt have the budget. Plus instead of putting my money on the Titanium Diesel, I could have as well bought the Ikon diesel. Some weird math - but my math.

The Bluetooth mic would definitely be somewhere in the music system only I guess. There are generally two sensitivities to a mic. One where it is optimized to pick sounds in a silent environment and the other in noisy environments. This one must be optimized for something in between as its in a car but closed.

Last edited by Brix : 4th April 2010 at 19:54.
Old 4th April 2010, 19:50   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Raju : I have no idea on the location of the mic, I have never used the bluetooth feature, I just saw my colleague use it. I will ask him & if he tells me anything, I will let you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I think its in the music system. Powerful mics can capture sound from every where. Also its in the car so voice is loud every where in the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Any small hole in the Audio System is enough to pick up the sound from the entire cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The Mic should be in the music system itself. There are two holes each on both sides of the system.

I just cant believe ford decided to give such an awesome sounding music system as OEM. Decent punch and great sound quality!!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1793739
Thanks much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
I tried this when I visited the showroom. Once you pair your phone with the audio system, you can play music from your phone wirelessly. This is if your phone supports bluetooth with A2DP. If you get a call, you will hear your phone ringtone from the car's speakers. You can take the call my pressing the "call" button on the audio system and right away, the call connects and you can hear the caller's voice on the speakers. I asked the sales guy where the mic is and he said it was in the system itself. So you do have to speak up a little. I had my wife call me when I was seated in the car with the doors closed. I could hear her very well and she said she could hear me well too.

Also, the system syncs all your contacts so you can scroll through your phone book directly from the audio system. I believe you can read incoming sms too on the display but i'm not too sure of this. Hope this answers your query.

I have a query myself. The exi variant satisfies all my needs except the bluetooth capability of the audio system. I don't want to have to spend 27k more for the zxi just to satisfy this one need. Do any of you have any ideas?
I'm asking because the sales rep said I cannot sell the audio system from exi back to ford and buy the bluetooth one instead. Mustang, any ideas?
Thanks very much, this EXACTLY answers my query ! I am in the same boat as you, oscillating between Exi and Zxi. But the thing is, I do often get important calls (from the office boss or from the home boss) when I am driving, so this would be a BOON. Secondly, when I TDed the Titanium version I found the seat-height adjust very useful. I tried changing it to different heights, and I think I will use a different height in the city and a different one on highways. Thirdly, I sorely miss a rear wiper in my Indica, which is there in Zxi model. Finally, I am new to diesel driving so would want to keep a watch on the RPMs, so that tacho is absolutely necessary. And did I mention the electrically adjustable ORVM that controls BOTH the ORVMS?... Keeping all these things in mind, the extra 27k for Zxi just might be worth it.
Old 4th April 2010, 19:57   #553
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Are you sure I can sell it back to Ford? My dealer said this was not possible. If so for how much do you think? Also, I remember seeing in the figo accessories list that you put up initially on this thread that the cost of the system is around 14k? IF you have it handy, can you please post that list again?

If ford can buy the system back for at least 3/4th the price and I can get a new one with bluetooth for 14k, it makes sense to go for exi. I'm surprised more ppl don't have the same query.
Quote:
You cant sell the system to ford, & if you buy the OEM one, it will cost you a lot >20K, If you really want this feature then the best is to go for the zxi.
I asked the same at Chennai Ford. The accessories person said that he dont know the takeback price of EXi Audio System, but at the same time it is possible and asked to wait. I think this is some adjustment by the dealer. I dont think paying more than 5K for blue tooth is not worth.
Old 4th April 2010, 21:31   #554
BHPian

My Second First Love - Figuuuuuuu

i had mentioned earlier that my car has been invoiced, got the call from MPL on 3rd Sat mentioning the car is with them and would go for registration on Monday. I wanted to check the car out and was asked to come on Monday to the showroom around 10.30 am.
Was really excited to lay my hands on the beauty, sunday get a call from my sales person asking me, if i can check the car out today at their yard.
I said why not and reached their showroom with my first love around 2 ish, they put us in an Icon and chaufffered us to the yard which surprisingly was in Thanikachalam Road, Mahindra First Choice place. Saw 2 red figos, identified my beauty.
There she was in the sun, shining (not exactly) need some dusting though.
I checked her out, no visible dents on the body, opened her up, had dust on the floor. Opened the boot, checked for the spare tyre with the lug nut and the jack beneath the tire. Opened the hood, confirmed the VIN number, all seemed fine. Took the pics of the beauty

She is going for registration Monday, can't take her on Tue, Wed and will get her on Thursday.

Reg the USB connectivity, dealer mentioned that both Zxi and Titanium will have a provision in the form of a cable from the back of the ICE that would require an extension ending in a USB port, will get more details on this soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-img_2.jpg  

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-img_3.jpg  

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-img_4.jpg  

Last edited by scorpio07 : 4th April 2010 at 21:49.
Old 4th April 2010, 21:44   #555
BHPian

@scorpio - she's a beauty all right !!! What are you doing about the dents???

Congrats to you dude. I hope you're real happy. And why didnt you call me? Two eyes would spot more.

Last edited by Brix : 4th April 2010 at 21:47.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed