Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 21:47   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
@scorpio - she's a beauty all right !!!

Congrats to you dude. I hope you're real happy. And why didnt you call me? Two eyes would spot more.
i was out with my wifey and they called, and went right away there. couldnt wait to see the beauty. Any updates on yours, i did see a lot of cars in the yard. Except squeeze every other colour was there both petrol and diesel.
My bad, was intending to write no dents and instead wrote as new dents. oopss

Last edited by scorpio07 : 4th April 2010 at 21:50.
Old 4th April 2010, 21:51   #557
BHPian

Oh all right, thats ok.

I need to call the Sales Cons tomorrow. I just got my finances so I can now start the process.

One thing I'm glad of is, they willingly gave you a look of the car, although it didnt seem to be a PreDI - more of a Post Inspection.

No squeeze eh! Hmmm, seems to be going the mkeraka way. I'll be patient though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
i was out with my wifey and they called, and went right away there. couldnt wait to see the beauty. Any updates on yours, i did see a lot of cars in the yard. Except squeeze every other colour was there both petrol and diesel.
Old 4th April 2010, 21:55   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Oh all right, thats ok.

I need to call the Sales Cons tomorrow. I just got my finances so I can now start the process.

One thing I'm glad of is, they willingly gave you a look of the car, although it didnt seem to be a PreDI - more of a Post Inspection.

No squeeze eh! Hmmm, seems to be going the mkeraka way. I'll be patient though.
Well as long as you get to pay after u check the car before the registration thats fair enough.
Old 4th April 2010, 22:09   #559
BHPian

Oh oh, I just read your post properly now. So its before registration only. Thats good. Glad MPL is smooth after all. Your sales consultant also seems to know her turf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Well as long as you get to pay after u check the car before the registration thats fair enough.
Old 4th April 2010, 23:10   #560
BHPian

Guys yesterday got a chance to see my RED DRAGON for the very first time, it was at the stock yard and I completed my PDI. The car looked good. There no visible scratches, everything seemed to work the way it should. There was absolutely no dirt or anything inside the car. It showed just 6.1 kms, checked the spare tyre, engine bay, doors, windows, bluetooth connectivity on the music player, started the engine and everything was perfect. Its gonna be registered tomorrow but due to some personal reasons cant take the delivery till sunday

Here are some pics I took at the stockyard.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-03042010001.jpg  

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-03042010002.jpg  

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-03042010003.jpg  

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-03042010.jpg  

Old 4th April 2010, 23:14   #561
BANNED

Quote:
@mkerala - I think God wants to test you on your patience and driving skills before giving you a car.

Zxi seems to be the best option as I see it. Very good value for money. I would have gone for Titanium but I didnt have the budget. Plus instead of putting my money on the Titanium Diesel, I could have as well bought the Ikon diesel. Some weird math - but my math.

The Bluetooth mic would definitely be somewhere in the music system only I guess. There are generally two sensitivities to a mic. One where it is optimized to pick sounds in a silent environment and the other in noisy environments. This one must be optimized for something in between as its in a car but closed.
Yes i need to really thank ford for that wait period, I now really enjoy it.

I also opt for zxi for the same reason. I don't like my car to crashed and see the air bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@Brix - I think these FM transmitters is separate and do not connect to the Audio System in the car. If there is any gadget which can be connected to the system, then it would be better.
@mkerala - You are discussing more about USB cables. Is it possible to have a converter with USB provision and then have a Bluetooth USB which can be connected to the Audio System in the car. Any ideas ???
You are telling you need some reviver for the mp3 player that can be connected to the player by usb. Yes it is very possible.

http://theinsider.pricerunner.co.uk/...-music-machine

You can search on ebay for such gadgets, but will be mostly local or Chinese. Better pay ford 18k more and get a zxi.

Last edited by mkerala : 4th April 2010 at 23:29.
Old 4th April 2010, 23:39   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy.tripathy View Post
Whoa...Those are quite a lot of Beats in the background (and some JCBs). How many Figos were there along with your car?

Did you go for the extended warranty ? If so, how much does it cost for the 3rd and the 4th year ?

Last edited by sajo : 4th April 2010 at 23:40.
Old 4th April 2010, 23:49   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Whoa...Those are quite a lot of Beats in the background (and some JCBs). How many Figos were there along with your car?

Did you go for the extended warranty ? If so, how much does it cost for the 3rd and the 4th year ?
Yep there were quite a few Beats also in the stockyard, I guess Talera Ford also shares or is a chevrolet dealer, not sure though.

There were around 20 -25 odd figos in the stock yard. Most of them were Diesels.

No I didnt go for the extended warranty as the dealer has no info about it and I asked him to find it out. May be I will go for it at the time of delivery.
Old 5th April 2010, 07:54   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy.tripathy View Post
Guys yesterday got a chance to see my RED DRAGON for the very first time, it was at the stock yard and I completed my PDI. The car looked good. There no visible scratches, everything seemed to work the way it should. There was absolutely no dirt or anything inside the car. It showed just 6.1 kms, checked the spare tyre, engine bay, doors, windows, bluetooth connectivity on the music player, started the engine and everything was perfect. Its gonna be registered tomorrow but due to some personal reasons cant take the delivery till sunday

You are in for a surprise when that car i washed. Its gonna be a treat for our eyes.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:20   #565
BHPian

Folks, I really hope at least today my registration will happen ! Feeling jittery as the dealers are making some defensive comments on lot of RTO staff not being around today as it is BBMP elections counting in Bangalore. It is really agonizing to wait for this registration, my car is with the dealer since Apr 1 !

This morning I got a call from their sales manager, making a request ! You would not believe me..He is asking if my allotted car can be given to another customer as he is in a very urgent situation. I will get a new can in 3 days time ! I told him that I would have had a good laugh if he made this call on 1 April morning. Now that all fools day is over, we should not be even discussing this. He offered me stand by car till I get new car, if I accept his request. I told that I would demand stand by car if my car is not released to me by today ! God, these people really have a thick skin to make such requests. After nearly one month wait, all the follow up and escalations, they have the guts to make such a request !

PS : My own thread is temporarily closed by admin as I am yet to get my car. It will be reopened once I am able to post the drive report and I hope that will happen today itself. Everyone, pray for me
Old 5th April 2010, 12:30   #566
Senior - BHPian

@ mkerala : You were asking for pictures of chill colour Figo. I have already posted that long back on this thread. Not sure which page. Here's the link to one for them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...view-chill.jpg
Old 5th April 2010, 12:32   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
This morning I got a call from their sales manager, making a request ! You would not believe me..He is asking if my allotted car can be given to another customer as he is in a very urgent situation.
what audacity! unbelievable! man, the dealers have gone completely out of their minds, they are not realizing what they are doing/saying. I bet they don't have a running list of deliveries. all hotch-potch.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:35   #568
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
There is no TDCi emblem under Figo - I think this is how we can differentiate between petrol & diesel.

White - Zxi - Coral Dash - Petrol
Squeeze - Titanium - Coral Dash - Petrol
Ok thank you.

If anyone spot a squeeze zxi petrol please en quire the booking date to the owner and inform me before 18th april. It will be so helpful for me.

Also I will be giving a gift software from PC Tools valued at approx Rs 2000 for your work.

Last edited by mkerala : 5th April 2010 at 12:37.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:46   #569
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
This morning I got a call from their sales manager, making a request ! You would not believe me..He is asking if my allotted car can be given to another customer as he is in a very urgent situation. I will get a new can in 3 days time ! I told him that I would have had a good laugh if he made this call on 1 April morning. Now that all fools day is over, we should not be even discussing this. He offered me stand by car till I get new car, if I accept his request. I told that I would demand stand by car if my car is not released to me by today ! God, these people really have a thick skin to make such requests. After nearly one month wait, all the follow up and escalations, they have the guts to make such a request !
May there was a mad customer ready to cancel his booking. If the dealer told you to wait 3 days then you will probably get in another 30 days.

Did he offer some cash or freebies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
@ mkerala : You were asking for pictures of chill colour Figo. I have already posted that long back on this thread. Not sure which page. Here's the link to one for them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...view-chill.jpg
Yes i have seen it. But i have only very few pics of chill, i like to have more big pictures, all other colors i have got sufficient pictures.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:16   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
May there was a mad customer ready to cancel his booking. If the dealer told you to wait 3 days then you will probably get in another 30 days.

Did he offer some cash or freebies?
mkerala, yes, he could be facing fire from somebody else and making a last ditch attempt. Regarding offer for freebies, I didn't even allow him to do that ! Even if it is for 3 days, I don't want to wait. I want that specific car and I am armed with the VIN #. Ford RSM had asked me to contact him in case the dealer plays anymore games. I hope I won't have to go through all that again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks