Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 20:47   #601
BHPian

OK. I will wait for the titanium then Sigh!
Old 6th April 2010, 21:49   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The steering problem was only with 50-100 cars already produced, It has been now corrected so you need not worry for may deliveries, Guys taking delivery today also need not worry, problem has already been sorted (those taking delivery prior to march 31 should check)
OK, so mkerala has something to cheer about. If and when he gets his Squeeze figo, this problem will be ruled out.

By the way, I'm seeing a lot of figos on the road in Goa. This afternoon I spotted a brand new gray Figo moving majestically on the road. The colour looked quite good.

When I went to see the Figo at the showroom, I was slightly disappointed by the huge wheel wells protruding inside the hatch space. I don't recall other cars having such a huge protrusions of the wheel wells. They eat up much of the impressive hatch space. In my opinion, it would have made more sense if Ford had placed panels on either side to conceal those huge bulging wheel wells.

Second disappointment was the lack of split seats. At least the ZXI and Titanium should have had this option.

Third minor disappointment: The structure of the rear seat makes it uncomfortable for a passenger to sit in the middle as this portion is elevated. I really don't know what purpose it serves by elevating the middle portion of the rear seat, when you expect a third person to be sitting in the rear seat.

Fourth minor disappointment: Wiper controls on the "wrong" side of the steering. While taking a test drive on a hot afternoon, my Friend inadvertently activated the wipers on a regular basis when he wanted to change the roads. I also don;t know what purpose it serve to have the bonnet release lever in the left hand side of the car.

Last edited by misquitas : 6th April 2010 at 21:59.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:27   #603
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
LOL. Inspite of your delivery related issues, good to see your sense of humor is not lost.

Going by the details you have provided, Chennai seems to be a heaven;-}
I like always be happy. I live in a life with expectations. Now i am expecting figo, but what would i expect after i get figo? I will find something to expect, atleast in this hot summer i could expect rain.

Chennai has a advantage of near plant. Also home town for ford India.

By the way I got company, vinod team-bhpian from trivandrum also the same situvation. He booked on 10th march. No sign of delivery. He was about to cancel his booking but i tried to stop him, otherwise i will lost the company of him.

Hope he didn't canceled. Also adithya from calicut canceled his figo booking.

I think more bhpians from Kerala suffer delivery issues.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:03   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Chennai has a advantage of near plant. Also home town for ford India.
No such luck here. My colleague is waiting for a Squeeze ZXi petrol as well. And he put down 5K unofficially in Dec and another 20K when bookings officially started.

Another friend of mine booked a Squeeze Titanium petrol on Monday. He has been given a delivery date of 10th May.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:53   #605
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
mkerala from my experience write to MD in case of Ford is a joke. Forget MD, Iam sure these mails are not even seen by any senior level person. I got replies after one week and all.Mostly you receive pre recorded politically correct replies.
<<No update from anyone regarding my car. I write to MD, customer care, no reply from them.>>

Exactly all these are useless correspondences which will give only personal satisfication.

Regarding RHD and indicator levers, my personal opinion is the practice and the experience. I think during learning we even miss out to steer completely the car during a right of left turn or forget to change gear and find there is no time to do it.
By learning the hand,eye, leg coordination comes and by experience we find lot of amount of time available to do all these and we do all these in a fraction of a second at speeds.
My view is that it can be on the left or right, it is your experience which counts. The driving position helps to some extent.

Last edited by RGK : 7th April 2010 at 15:05. Reason: grammar
Old 7th April 2010, 15:27   #606
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
No such luck here. My colleague is waiting for a Squeeze ZXi petrol as well. And he put down 5K unofficially in Dec and another 20K when bookings officially started.

Another friend of mine booked a Squeeze Titanium petrol on Monday. He has been given a delivery date of 10th May.
Same as my booking. If you could please update me with his status once in a while.

Tell him that ford has never produced it before. It is only expected around 18th April.

I think this was the guy RSM was talking about dec-nov bookings.

I think we are a group call 'Early Fools'. We booked it early, paid early and cheated by ford much earlier.

I was thinking of writing a comic based on this called 'Early Fool'. I never wrote one before, but ford would help me supply a good situation to write it. I will surely publish it here first(Wonder were would I post it).

Last edited by mkerala : 7th April 2010 at 15:30.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:31   #607
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<<<I think we are a group call 'Early Fools'. We booked it early, paid early and cheated by ford much earlier. >>>

@mkerala - Your humorous skills are great as your patience.
+1 paid entirely
Old 7th April 2010, 16:18   #608
BHPian

Wonder whatever happened to T-BHP'ians motto - Full amt pmt only post PDI, not to have PDI/deliveries during late evenings etc etc...Most of Figo owners/prospects here seem to be breaking these rules.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:27   #609
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Wonder whatever happened to T-BHP'ians motto - Full amt pmt only post PDI, not to have PDI/deliveries during late evenings etc etc...Most of Figo owners/prospects here seem to be breaking these rules.
I paid full payment since my dealer told it will be only taken from Cochin(Main office) to their kottayam(Branch) showroom only after full payment. Also told it will reach within days in Cochin and then to kottayam if i pay.

I had a past experience with maruti regarding this full payment, they told only after full payment they will take car from factory even though I paid 15k and waited 4 months. So I canceled it. They where saying that there are other people who have already paid full amount. so how can he give the car to me? If you don't want to pay cancel and go. So i did the same.

I don't want figo to be canceled, so still waiting quietly after full payment. I do said about full payment to ford, they told me to wait till April end.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:08   #610
BHPian

Cars are not "graded" like processors!!. For example, defective or lower quality cars are not marked as LXI. Let me explain :-

Typically, a dealer is asked for an estimate for the number of vehicles of each type - say Figo almost 3 months in advance. At that point in time, they do not have to specify the color / trim level etc. As the days go by, the dealers will have to start specifying the different attributes of the vehicle - color, trim (variant level) etc - they have flexibility until a certain point in the manufacturing process is reached - they have to specify the color before it reaches the paint shop for example. Once the attributes are fixed and the VIN is stamped, there is no flexibility for the dealer to change anything much. All cars go through the same QC processes and the only difference is the equipment level of the cars depending on the variant. So, some cars may have more QC tests if they have higher equipment - and these QC tests are specific to that equipment - for example an ABS equiped car may have an extra level of test to ensure that ABS is working properly. Otherwise, QC processes are the same irrespective of which variant the car is.

Last edited by chennai-indian : 7th April 2010 at 17:21.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:11   #611
BHPian

Finally booked a EXI, White, Petrol Figo.

Initially went to Mody Ford, Secunderabad. Though the sale guys were courteous, the guy in charge of the showroom was indifferent and least bothered when I asked for a PDI. This is what happens when one stays in a job for too much of time.

The guy in charge of Fortune Ford was more responsive and courteous even though he too declined a PDI by the customer. I leaned that he had joined just a couple of months back. Ultimately booked the car at this place.

Let me see as to how this goes.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:18   #612
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What segregation? These are not apples and oranges where they are segregated into different baskets based on the size and quality. A production line, on a certain day, will be set up to manufacture a particle variant like EXi Petrol, or ZXi Diesel etc. It's probably even more complicated when the line is shared with another car like the Fiesta. They don't randomly make vehicles and decide to call them EXi and LXi based on the QC!

So going by your logic, if a LXi has zero defects, it will be badged as Titanium. So the LXi will go back into the line to get the missing features like ABS and Airbags? And what if the ABS is then found to be defective? It gets downgraded to ZXi and goes back into the line to remove the airbags?
Pl come out of Ford. Just it is a generic question. May not fit into the thread. Do you mean to say today all will be Exi and tomorrow Zxi and Lxi after a week. Squeeze painting on Zxi will be after April 18th . Just tell on what parameters they are lined up. Even if it is based on timelines, there should be some parameters.. want to know what are they...
Old 7th April 2010, 17:58   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
My friend says cars having excellent finish (zero defect) will be moved to top end - Zxi, very less defect will be categorised as Zxi, and less defect will be branded as Lxi...
He says this is common across all manufacturers..
Is this true and if not then how are they done..
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
mkerala this is no laughing matter.
These are trade secrets which companies won't like outside world to know.So I can't explain any further.
Quote:
Has anyone seen a single Squeeze on the road yet? It's obvious that mass production of Squeeze, either petrol or diesel, has not started yet. The forecast for Squeeze may or may not have been correct.

Is your friend an auto industry inisder?
@ MKerala: That explains why Ford could not give you your car. Maybe they were not able to make a "very less" defective petrol engined one in Squeeze colour. Please do understand them and give them some time. I'm sure they will come out successful.

@ Gilead: I've seen one petrol in titanium mode. I guess there are a few of squeeze's around but surely less than white.

@ Poloman: I'm hoping you are not right with this. True. We never know what happens out there.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:00   #614
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Cars are not "graded" like processors!!. For example, defective or lower quality cars are not marked as LXI. Let me explain :-

Typically, a dealer is asked for an estimate for the number of vehicles of each type - say Figo almost 3 months in advance. At that point in time, they do not have to specify the color / trim level etc. As the days go by, the dealers will have to start specifying the different attributes of the vehicle - color, trim (variant level) etc - they have flexibility until a certain point in the manufacturing process is reached - they have to specify the color before it reaches the paint shop for example. Once the attributes are fixed and the VIN is stamped, there is no flexibility for the dealer to change anything much. All cars go through the same QC processes and the only difference is the equipment level of the cars depending on the variant. So, some cars may have more QC tests if they have higher equipment - and these QC tests are specific to that equipment - for example an ABS equiped car may have an extra level of test to ensure that ABS is working properly. Otherwise, QC processes are the same irrespective of which variant the car is.
Thanks Chennai-Indian - your answer throws light on my question. VIN is stamped before paint shop or after, because different colors are seen only in high variants.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:07   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
@ MKerala: That explains why Ford could not give you your car. Maybe they were not able to make a "very less" defective petrol engined one in Squeeze colour. Please do understand them and give them some time. I'm sure they will come out successful.

Me thinks, Ford right now is afraid of producing Lemons..err, Squeezes. Any Squeeze which turns out to be a Lemon will be bad publicity...hence they are taking extra time to check the Squeezes before despatching the same!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks