Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 18:12   #616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
@ Gilead: I've seen one petrol in titanium mode. I guess there are a few of squeeze's around but surely less than white.
I just hope that the one or two defects that Ford has to introduce in mkerala's Squeeze ZXi isn't in the braking systems. Or worse, I hope they didn't introduce auto acceleration AND defective brakes. I think these defects will be exclusively reserved for the LXis.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:36   #617
BHPian

I suppose the discussion of point of view of RGK's friend has provided enough entertainment and its time to move on.

yeggina, congrats on your booking. Which variant, what colour and what is the expected date of delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Finally booked a EXI, White, Petrol Figo.

Initially went to Mody Ford, Secunderabad. Though the sale guys were courteous, the guy in charge of the showroom was indifferent and least bothered when I asked for a PDI. This is what happens when one stays in a job for too much of time.

The guy in charge of Fortune Ford was more responsive and courteous even though he too declined a PDI by the customer. I leaned that he had joined just a couple of months back. Ultimately booked the car at this place.

Let me see as to how this goes.
We all know from Captain's experience that Metro Ford (Bangalore) is reluctant to facilitate PDI. When i checked with an executive there he said "They generally don't allow public to the yard (somewhere in Peenya) .. but it is possible if the Sales consultant takes special approval from the management."

Anyone here on the forum who have managed to persuade any SalesCon at Metro Ford?
Old 7th April 2010, 18:37   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
No he is associated with Auto industry in a different form from 1985.
I agree with your point and the complexity of day to day operations. But the Squeeze is respect to painting. Is the QC done for all stages or after the final painting is done.
What was your question about the Squeeze? There is random QC at the part level even before the parts reach the line. Then there is a complete QC of the assembled product including QC of the painting itself. If Ford says Squeeze variants will start rolling out after 18th, there is no reason to disbelieve them at the moment. A colleague of mine who booked a Squeeze in Dec is still waiting like mkerala. He has even been offered some freebies to compensate for the delay. Mustang will know more about the QC process than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
We all know from Captain's experience that Metro Ford (Bangalore) is reluctant to facilitate PDI. When i checked with an executive there he said "They generally don't allow public to the yard (somewhere in Peenya) .. but it is possible if the Sales consultant takes special approval from the management."

Anyone here on the forum who have managed to persuade any SalesCon at Metro Ford?
It's obvious why dealers would be reluctant to let customers see their yard. Cars are kept at their filthy best in the yard. Their plight has to be seen to be believed. Maybe Metro Ford's yard is even filthier than the rest. lol

Last edited by Gilead : 7th April 2010 at 18:39.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:40   #619
BANNED

Quote:
@Mustang/Brix - Generic question
---How Lxi,Exi,Zxi are classified during production. My friend says cars having excellent finish (zero defect) will be moved to top end - Zxi, very less defect will be categorised as Zxi, and less defect will be branded as Lxi...
He says this is common across all manufacturers..
Is this true and if not then how are they done..
Absolutely NOT true ! Read next reply for how is it done.

Quote:
There are some parameters or some critical values which may decide the version of the vehicle. Even may not be defects. but what is the deciding factor of differentiation..
End user like us may not know.
The deciding factor for differentiation are:
1) Market demand
2) Company policy on what & how many to make

Here according to the above factors, timetables are made & then displayed for the workers.They also get a parts table/operations table which they have to install/perform respectively. So if from 9 o clock in the morning to noon, the timetable says Red titanium petrol, then the painting robots will be loaded & programmed for red color & workers & robots will only build red titanium & with petrol engines.

PS - This thread saw a lot of action while i dozed off for a couple of hours!

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 7th April 2010 at 18:48.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:59   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
PS - This thread saw a lot of action while i dozed off for a couple of hours!
Great! A QC guy dozing off for a couple of hours on a Wed afternoon. No wonder RGK's friend is alleging that car manufacturers are passing off defective cars as low end and non-defective ones as high end.
Old 7th April 2010, 19:01   #621
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Great! A QC guy dozing off for a couple of hours on a Wed afternoon. No wonder RGK's friend is alleging that car manufacturers are passing off defective cars as low end and non-defective ones as high end.
I have leave for today,tomorrow & day after as i am moving to delhi on friday. I am @ home right now. So i can rest as long as I want till sunday No work! Yesss!

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 7th April 2010 at 19:10.
Old 7th April 2010, 19:31   #622
BHPian

ScanD@, in case they explicitly refuse to allow PDI, it is atrocious...i.e. why full payment should be withheld till the PDI is done. It will be tad difficult to toe this line for newly launched cars or cars in high demand, but if you stick out and not be impatient, dealers will fall in line. Mostly, dangling the DD with dealer's name on it in front of them, should overcome all such resistance. But if the full amt is already paid, well, customer will be at their mercy.
Old 7th April 2010, 19:38   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post

ScanD please insist on the pre registration PDI!
If they refuse you can tell them that you don't want a scratched car like the one that was delivered to me.
Tell them about the black Exi, you could mention that the owner of the black Exi also wanted a pre registration PDI which was refused and he got a car with a scratch.

Please be firm with them. If they don't allow you to the yard then ask them to bring the car to the showroom.
Old 7th April 2010, 20:02   #624
BHPian

@ScanD - yes PDI can be done at the yard just like mentioned with special approval. I think senior member Shajufx did have a similar experience.
I did not go to the yard but had them get the car (Fiesta 1.6zxi) to the show room and informed them i will only pay once i see the car. The did get the car, once i did the PDI and was satisfied the payment from my side was made.

@Captain Slow - Congrats on the Figo, sorry to hear about the scratch, when you get the call from Ford for feedback please do inform them.
Old 7th April 2010, 20:15   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Mustang,

I am happy and Appreciate your high resilient perseverence. Keep up the Great work. You are doing a great QC job for the FIGO outside Ford plant too.
I second this opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
ScanD please insist on the pre registration PDI!
If they refuse you can tell them that you don't want a scratched car like the one that was delivered to me.
What I cannot understand is...

1. Why is there confusion among Ford dealers whether or not to allow customers to have a pre-registration PDI? Some are willing, others are not.

2. Customers should have the right to have a pre-registration PDI. Why are some Ford dealers scared of allowing customers this right?

2. Ford should come out firmly on this and should instruct all its dealers to allow customers the pre-registraton PDI. Or they should categorically state that such pre-registraton PDI is not permitted by Ford. There should be no room for dealers to take a call on this.
Old 7th April 2010, 20:23   #626
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

Me thinks, Ford right now is afraid of producing Lemons..err, Squeezes. Any Squeeze which turns out to be a Lemon will be bad publicity...hence they are taking extra time to check the Squeezes before despatching the same!!!
I think ford has very few squeeze paint tubes. So they have to really squeeze the tube to get my zxi painted. Mean while ford can squeeze there customers to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
What was your question about the Squeeze? There is random QC at the part level even before the parts reach the line. Then there is a complete QC of the assembled product including QC of the painting itself. If Ford says Squeeze variants will start rolling out after 18th, there is no reason to disbelieve them at the moment. A colleague of mine who booked a Squeeze in Dec is still waiting like mkerala. He has even been offered some freebies to compensate for the delay. Mustang will know more about the QC process than me.
I was never offered any freebies, he told that he will make sure that my car is in next load. But i know that it won't, since ford didn't manufactured any. I am never going to ask him any freebie, because he lied to me once and said my car is lotted and will get in two days.

Regarding my status, i send an email to customer care asking reason for my delay. No reply after 24 hours.

I was thinking of taking titanium, but when i calculated i came to know it costs around 50k and i need to pay tax on it too. I think government must give some discount for safety features like airbag and abs. They charge us for not putting helmet and seat belt. Why are they not promoting abs and airbag which is much effective than seat belt?

Last edited by mkerala : 7th April 2010 at 20:38.
Old 7th April 2010, 20:45   #627
BHPian

If Ford starts micromanaging the dealers business, it can never get its work done. You cant keep looking at everything. Thats the sad fact.

Even I support this company authorized PDI. But I reckon its just a matter of pushing the dealer until he relents.

But this time the Figo is a dealer favourable market. Wait till the heat comes down, the dealer will be begging you to buy a car.

I'm just happy that the Maruti monopoly just saw a new competitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
2. Ford should come out firmly on this and should instruct all its dealers to allow customers the pre-registraton PDI. Or they should categorically state that such pre-registraton PDI is not permitted by Ford. There should be no room for dealers to take a call on this.
Old 8th April 2010, 00:49   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
If Ford starts micromanaging the dealers business, it can never get its work done. You cant keep looking at everything. Thats the sad fact.

Even I support this company authorized PDI. But I reckon its just a matter of pushing the dealer until he relents.

But this time the Figo is a dealer favourable market. Wait till the heat comes down, the dealer will be begging you to buy a car.

I'm just happy that the Maruti monopoly just saw a new competitor.
I don't agree with this. I agree one can't micromanage everything, but the dealers are the most important link for Ford, and certain rules need to be implemented.
Why are Maruti dealers scared of Maruti? Is it because they micromanage their dealerships?
I think it is more to do with the rules and regulations they have set-up, and given that Ford is bigger than Maruti Suzuki world wide, I am sure they can hire maybe 5 more people to help customers who are facing issues with their 12x dealers.
What are the Regional Managers for?

A PDI is a customer's right. We are not doing Ford and its dealers a favor by putting down our hard earned money on their vehicles and showing trust in their company. You want a customer's trust, you have to earn it, and the PDI is a very good way to start.
Trust me, Ford needs to do something about this, as it needs to earn a customer's trust.

If I were managing Ford, I would encourage the customers to do a PDI for their own satisfaction and to build trust.

Also, I don't understand the delay with the Squeeze ZXi Petrol versions. They definitely have the color (there are so many other Figos in this coor), the car, and the engine. What else do they need to paint a car this shade?

Ford needs to get its act together.
I really like the Figo for what it is, and really appreciate all the work Ford is putting in to make it a success, but there are some small aspects like these which they are overlooking, and can be fixed within hours.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:48   #629
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Entertainment or laughter apart, atleast we got a straight answer from QC guy.
Thanks Mustang. Great help from your side. Hope you continue to do the same from ND also...

I have also booked EXi only (confirmed - Panther black today) and feel happy that I get the same one like Titanium.

Saw a New Red Petrol Zxi in my office parking lot now (1st in office campus) - Looks terrific... try to catch up the guy who has taken delivery.

Regarding PDI, I have written in the order form that "I will pay the remaining amount after seeing the vehicle in the yard before registration". They easily accepted.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:57   #630
BHPian

Quote:
... Regarding PDI, I have written in the order form that "I will pay the remaining amount after seeing the vehicle in the yard before registration". They easily accepted.
Smart move.. now they can't deny it. I should have thought of this when i booked.
I mentioned it for colour though .. 1st pref="Red". 2nd pref="NONE". (i hope they don't make me wait until a transparent coloured model is released )
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks