Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 20:47   #676
joe
BHPian

i am surprised that there is a waiting time for the figo, i got mine in 3 days make that 3 days and six hours.

the salesperson told me that the sea gray colour has a waiting time of 15 days. they had a few cars at their stockyard as people where having trouble getting financing.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:51   #677
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I think Ford would have cleared their backlogs now after starting their second shift operations. Any idea about no of bookings till 15th April.
Old 15th April 2010, 18:42   #678
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I think Ford would have cleared their backlogs now after starting their second shift operations. Any idea about no of bookings till 15th April.

No idea but situation will be clear on May 1st. According to dealer speculation in metro cities, From april 1 till april 15 they have managed around 100-150 bookings

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 15th April 2010 at 18:43.
Old 21st April 2010, 18:32   #679
BHPian

MPL Ford has has 380 bookings so far. With a very small percentage of them being delivered.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:08   #680
BHPian

When will I get my Figo

@Mustand I had booked Ford Figo Titanium Diesel in Colarado Red on 21st Match at SC Ford, Mumbai. There is still no news on and dispatch or VIN. Can you give me any idea whether I will get the car by month end or may 1st week. Or else I will cancell the booking and buy i20. Need to replace my Santro anyway.
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:11   #681
Senior - BHPian

@hemant, a friend of mine booked a TDCi Titanium Squeeze on Apr 10th and expected deiivery date is May 10th. I think there is a one month waiting period for some variants now but looks like you have waited for more than a month. I would suggest that you file a strong complaint with customer care in case you haven't done so already.
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:28   #682
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantwaghe View Post
@Mustand I had booked Ford Figo Titanium Diesel in Colarado Red on 21st Match at SC Ford, Mumbai. There is still no news on and dispatch or VIN. Can you give me any idea whether I will get the car by month end or may 1st week. Or else I will cancell the booking and buy i20. Need to replace my Santro anyway.

The vehicle will be despatched by the end of this month as stocks for all the dealers are being despatched in the coming 2-3 days.

However you will get your vehicle by may 1st week.
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:18   #683
BHPian

Dear Mustang, I booked a ford figo ZXI, TDCI (Sea Grey with ebony dash) at Chennai ford on 28th March. I haven't got any reply from them regarding the possible delivery date, though they promised around 3rd week of April during booking.
While i tried to check at the consumer care toll free number - they asked me for the four digit booking number, but i was shocked to see that my receipt had no four digit booking number !
I contacted the dealership again, but they did not understand my concern. They told me not to worry about that and assured me that my car will be coming in the next dispatch from the company, but they have not given me the allotted VIN number.

I have not been able to go the dealership as I am out of town for a few days. Is there some error in booking ?(I shall be back at Chennai only on Tuesday)

Please help....
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:43   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The vehicle will be despatched by the end of this month as stocks for all the dealers are being despatched in the coming 2-3 days.

However you will get your vehicle by may 1st week.
Thanks Mustang. I have waited for 5 weeks, can wait for one more week. But I hope car is dispatched before 30th.
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:45   #685
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevilslair View Post
Dear Mustang, I booked a ford figo ZXI, TDCI (Sea Grey with ebony dash) at Chennai ford on 28th March. I haven't got any reply from them regarding the possible delivery date, though they promised around 3rd week of April during booking.
While i tried to check at the consumer care toll free number - they asked me for the four digit booking number, but i was shocked to see that my receipt had no four digit booking number !
I contacted the dealership again, but they did not understand my concern. They told me not to worry about that and assured me that my car will be coming in the next dispatch from the company, but they have not given me the allotted VIN number.

I have not been able to go the dealership as I am out of town for a few days. Is there some error in booking ?(I shall be back at Chennai only on Tuesday)

Please help....

Yes your dealer is absolutely right, He will be getting this month's lot by april end or may 1st, Hopefully your car will be in that lot.

Also your dealer can provide you with the VIN no. only when he gets to know that your car has been billed by ford India.

PS - I am reporting from mumbai airport haha
Old 24th April 2010, 11:57   #686
BHPian

Today I got a call from my dealer to deposit the full amount for my White TDCi ZXI with ebony IP, delivery will be on 28th or 29th of April. I have booked this on 29th of March.
Dealer has been allotted 30cars for this month from Ford factory arriving all sooner at his stockyard.
Old 27th April 2010, 01:30   #687
BHPian

I asked one of my friends to check out the figo prices in Coimbatore. Was surprised to find that even within a state there are different prices that are quoted for the car - and all the differences coming in the "Life Tax and Registration" amounts... aren't these supposed to be the same across the state ?
wonder why there is almost Rs.4000/- difference in Coimbatore and Chennai prices? Is the tax structure different in Chennai ? is it observed between metro and upcountry in other states too?

(the price lists are attached)

also - Rajshree ford is asking for a booking amount of Rs.50,000/- !
Isn't this unfair ??

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-copy-chennai-ford.jpg

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-reference-price-list.jpg

Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues-copy-rajshree-ford.jpg
Old 27th April 2010, 11:40   #688
RGK
Senior - BHPian

yes deevilslair

-Life tax is 8% of the invoice value of the vehicle
-The service charges (called handling including bribe etc etc) are different between Chennai & CBE.
-Rajshree Ford very well accepts 25k for booking and I hv done there
Old 27th April 2010, 13:04   #689
BHPian

Today I called up Lathangi Ford regarding my 1.2 Exi which I booked on 11th April. The guy said that Ford has dispatched only the Diesels as of now and the Petrols will be dispatched in 2-3 days. That means my wait increases by at least 5 days.
Old 27th April 2010, 21:48   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
Today I called up Lathangi Ford regarding my 1.2 Exi which I booked on 11th April. The guy said that Ford has dispatched only the Diesels as of now and the Petrols will be dispatched in 2-3 days. That means my wait increases by at least 5 days.
Strange.... my Sales Con at Chennai Ford says that no cars have been dispatched to him for a month now. no wonder the sales reps in the car show rooms are called sales "Cons" ... with the kind of response i am getting at ford my only reaction now is
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks