Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2010, 13:54   #706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantwaghe View Post
And finally SC ford called me, (after asking for refund), said they received communication from Ford Chennai that car will be billed on 8th May , to be delivered by 15th. Wondering how trustworthy are dealers or for that matter Ford , Chennai.
At least they called you! Down here at chennai, tired of making multiple calls everyday to Chennai Ford and getting the same response everyday (that I should be getting the car within the next 2 days) for a week, I decided to visit them myself.

Now, after more than a month after the booking and well beyond the promised date of delivery, they are now "promising" delivery within 15 days !! This is what their sales manager had to tell me.

So, things are pretty much the same at Chennai too. No advantages whatsoever for being in the same city where the Car is being made.

In fact I was even more surprised when the sales manager said that he was NOT even aware of any problem with the tyres and that Apollo was the most preferred tyre of customers
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:14   #707
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

A little OT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
but thinking to take it on 1st May as it is my wedding anniversary.
Congratulations for your new car.

We share common wedding anniversaries. Mine was 27 years back.
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:55   #708
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ Mustang - Any update on correct sales figures of Figo for April'10 and the feedback had by Ford from its initial customers and the company's action plans...
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:20   #709
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@ Mustang - Any update on correct sales figures of Figo for April'10 and the feedback had by Ford from its initial customers and the company's action plans...
Total units sold by Ford india in april 2010 = 7509

No. of figo's sold by ford india = info not available

Total no. of Figo bookings till April 30th, 2010 = Greater than 15000

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd May 2010 at 18:09. Reason: Corrected Typo.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:59   #710
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. I think more documentation work refrains you from contributing to tbhp.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:14   #711

Hi Guys,

Any idea how much is the average wait period for new bookings of Ford Figo.

Regards,
Sukesh
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:12   #712
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukeshs View Post
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Sukesh
It can be as less as 2 days & can go upto as long as 45 days.
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:04   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukeshs View Post
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Sukesh
In Bangalore its 6 to 8 weeks.
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:07   #714
Senior - BHPian

I booked my car on April 14th, sales person called me today to say that I could be getting it next week. Keeping my fingers (and toes, and arms, and eyes) crossed. Hopefully, she is being truthful about it. I am not going to get my hopes up, and will not be disappointed if car does not materialise until May 20th.
Old 4th May 2010, 02:09   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I booked my car on April 14th, sales person called me today to say that I could be getting it next week. Keeping my fingers (and toes, and arms, and eyes) crossed. Hopefully, she is being truthful about it. I am not going to get my hopes up, and will not be disappointed if car does not materialise until May 20th.
Congratulations KiloAlpha.
I called Lathangi up today. My SA was on leave so couldn't get to him. I spoke to the lady who's in charge of attending to the calls, she said that today most of the SA's were in meeting as only 'few' cars have arrived.
Old 6th May 2010, 06:01   #716
BHPian

horrible

I got my Ebony dash TDCI Titanium 10 days. Thanks to some already allotted car that whose booking was cancelled in last minute.

I had the most trocherous delivery experience, they kept coming back after 10 mins saying 1K due, 2k due, 4k due, and neigher allowed me to go back home (I said I don't want delivery) nor gave me the car. It took 3 hrs to give me Car.

My whole waiting for all these years and looking forward for new car has been completely spoilt. I just don't have the feeling that I got a new Car.

Going my Lathangi experience in this forum, this is one off event, however my new car delivery experience is 100% spoilt.

BTW, Lathangi delivered close to 15 cars yesterday.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:04   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
however my new car delivery experience is 100% spoilt.
Sorry to hear that. I suggest you just take a drive out to an empty stretch of road, just by yourself without anyone else in the car, and switch off the music. You will feel the new car experience.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:15   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
I had the most trocherous delivery experience, they kept coming back after 10 mins saying 1K due, 2k due, 4k due, and neigher allowed me to go back home (I said I don't want delivery) nor gave me the car. It took 3 hrs to give me Car.
Going my Lathangi experience in this forum, this is one off event, however my new car delivery experience is 100% spoilt.
Lathangi Ford is owned by the same folks who own TAFE Access - yes, the same TAFE of Skoda fame. So, has some of the TAFE mentality filtered through?
Mods: Dunno if this should go to the Dealers forum, please move if necessary
Old 6th May 2010, 11:42   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Lathangi Ford is owned by the same folks who own TAFE Access - yes, the same TAFE of Skoda fame. So, has some of the TAFE mentality filtered through?
Mods: Dunno if this should go to the Dealers forum, please move if necessary

Hyundai cancelled the TAFE Access deallership in Chennai some years before for malpractices. Apparently they added PWs, body coloured bumpers themselves and sold off lower version of the Santro as top end!! Now they are TAFE Reach for Tata and FIAT.

Deal carefully!!
Old 6th May 2010, 12:12   #720
BHPian

congrats ownerofazkaban and sorry to hear the dealer experience.
These guys are smooth talkers. The other day when I went to check the status of my 1.2 Exi Chill as its already more than 3 weeks, the guy gave me dozens of stories. He took me to the manager and both of them very apologetically asked to wait till 15th-20th as before that there's no delivery happening
He gave me the option of going for Squeeze or red as those two are available straight away. Now I'm seriously thinking to change the color.
Can you confirm if any of the 15 cars delivered yesterday were petrols as then they are blatantly lying to me.
These guys are just taking us for a ride.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks