Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 13:15   #721
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Hyundai cancelled the TAFE Access deallership in Chennai some years before for malpractices. Apparently they added PWs, body coloured bumpers themselves and sold off lower version of the Santro as top end!! Now they are TAFE Reach for Tata and FIAT.

Deal carefully!!
Are you sure Kiku - I heard it was Bohra Hyundai who did all malpractices and then took Maruti dealership as Maurya Motors and closed that also.
+1 Heard that they also replaced the stickers of Bharat Stage I to Bharat Stage II and sold around 100 cars.
Old 6th May 2010, 13:38   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Are you sure Kiku - I heard it was Bohra Hyundai who did all malpractices and then took Maruti dealership as Maurya Motors and closed that also.
+1 Heard that they also replaced the stickers of Bharat Stage I to Bharat Stage II and sold around 100 cars.
There was a thread about it on TBHP as well, infact Tafe Access with Hyundai is now Tafe Reach with Tata, but am not sure if there has been a change in Mgmt.
Old 6th May 2010, 18:14   #723
BHPian

RE: Ford Figo Booking and Delivery Issues

I'll put my experience here, I booked my Sea Grey Titanium 1.4 with Lathangi on 27th March, the booking amount cheque got encashed three days later. Didn't follow up with them at all for a month, thinking that the car is bound to come after 45 days (SP promised 1 month but honestly kept my expectations right by adding a caveat about the delivery delays).

On 2nd of May, while making it clear to my SR that I'll not be ready to take delivery of any alternate colour; he told me suddenly that the car supposed to be billed in my name is arriving the next day.

I went to their yard the next day to have an inspection and there WERE newly arrived 50-60 cars, mine was a bit tough to find but we did eventually (it was labeled '17th week') and I came back to the showroom to make the remaining payment. This cheque took two days to realize and today I'm just coming back after final PDI (team-bhp list) before consenting to registration formalities.

Looking forward to getting this car tomorrow, have to sort out some parking problems back home due to my brother's old Contessa Classic hogging all the space. Hoping that all goes through well tomorrow and I'll come back home in my new Figo. :-)

~
Old 6th May 2010, 18:39   #724
BHPian

Dealers exist to take you for a ride, and then give you your ride.

So don't be naive about it. Go fight it out if you feel its unfair. Thats why they Sales Consultants exist. Make the manager weep and be grateful for the fat salary he receives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
These guys are just taking us for a ride.
Old 6th May 2010, 19:44   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
These guys have some guts to do these things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
There was a thread about it on TBHP as well, infact Tafe Access with Hyundai is now Tafe Reach with Tata, but am not sure if there has been a change in Mgmt.
Here's the link,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ow-closed.html

I never expected the Amalgamations group to be doing such cheap tricks!
Old 6th May 2010, 20:59   #726
BHPian

My Dad was insisting that I get some proof from the Dealer that the Figo is BS IV. Now I understand why. I'm gonna ask them for the Form 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
These guys have some guts to do these things!

Here's the link,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ow-closed.html

I never expected the Amalgamations group to be doing such cheap tricks!
Old 6th May 2010, 23:18   #727
BHPian

cool down

Cool down folks,

@Brix -- Figo manufacturing sticker clearly says BS4. That should suffice, dealer is just the sales agent I doubt he can certify.

@cossack -- Congrats, just make sure you tell your sales person to ensure accounts clearance. Don't worry enjoy.

I did some post- analysis via my sales guy. They are still leanring to handle many deliveries and they misplaced all my papers/receipts in the file. (I wish they had used the punching tab )

@atrisarkar - There was one white P, grey TDCI and another greyish Petrol delivered while I was there. Mostly they were TDCi.

@rajushank84 - After a hard days work, enjoyed my drive back home, ORR was free tonight (> 9.00). hhmmm.... I am enjoying the lovely drive.

Another thing, while I was there it seems there was one more cencellation by customer for an allotted car (phoren trip -- Is recession over ?) so other sales guys were pecking him to block the car for his customer -- I think they are genuinely trying to deliver things.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 6th May 2010 at 23:20.
Old 7th May 2010, 00:24   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Cool down folks,

@cossack -- Congrats, just make sure you tell your sales person to ensure accounts clearance. Don't worry enjoy.

I did some post- analysis via my sales guy. They are still leanring to handle many deliveries and they misplaced all my papers/receipts in the file. (I wish they had used the punching tab )

Thanks ownerofazkaban, I'll keep a/c clearance thing thing in mind... Even I found their paper handling to be dated and scary at times :-)

So far so good though.

~
Old 7th May 2010, 00:44   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
congrats ownerofazkaban and sorry to hear the dealer experience.
These guys are smooth talkers. The other day when I went to check the status of my 1.2 Exi Chill as its already more than 3 weeks, the guy gave me dozens of stories. He took me to the manager and both of them very apologetically asked to wait till 15th-20th as before that there's no delivery happening
He gave me the option of going for Squeeze or red as those two are available straight away. Now I'm seriously thinking to change the color.
Can you confirm if any of the 15 cars delivered yesterday were petrols as then they are blatantly lying to me.
These guys are just taking us for a ride.
As far as I remember, there were around 50+ cars in the yard when I visited and majority of them were Petrol variants (don't know what trims, as only Titaniums are evident). I don't think there's a selective dearth of any particular variant or trim anywhere, only that the factory throughput is low.

Don't push the panic button just as yet and stick to your original choice of colour, unless of course you yourself want to. Be patient and talk to these guys, they've never before seen such rush to their showrooms... My SR was forthright to admit that this model would teach Ford a lesson or two on the importance of customer care and all round dealership. Fingers crossed here.

~
Old 8th May 2010, 00:48   #730
BHPian

Sometimes i see new Figo's lined up on the Pallavaram Road. They are unloaded there and driven off. The issue is sometimes i see a few cars lined up with nobody close to oversee. I dont like to see them lying orphaned especially in public road.
Old 8th May 2010, 12:02   #731
BHPian

Yes, my friend also mentioned it. Take a snap of them in a row. Will be a nice picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Sometimes i see new Figo's lined up on the Pallavaram Road. They are unloaded there and driven off. The issue is sometimes i see a few cars lined up with nobody close to oversee. I dont like to see them lying orphaned especially in public road.
Old 10th May 2010, 16:11   #732
BHPian

I finally got the news I was waiting for. The SA called me up today morning for a PDI. They messed up the paperwork for me too. Apparently they made a calculation error on the balance I'll have to pay. Apart from that everything went on smooth, checked the tires. GoodYear it is.
So if everything goes on well I'll be riding the ride tomorrow evening.
Old 12th May 2010, 18:12   #733
BHPian

Decided to put my experience of my booking a Figo in Fortune Ford, Hyderabad.

Booked a LXI, white, petrol on Apr 7. Was informed that I would get it in 2-3 weeks.
During booking, I was also told that PDI would not be allowed.

Its been 35 days now and the delaer has no idea when the car will be delivered. He says that he has got cars of other colours but not white.

1. How come there is no proper tracking system for delivery of cars from booking to delivery?
2. How come that some cars booked at a later date are being delivered but some cars booked earlier are taking time? Is the dealer shortchanging customers or is Ford's Supply Chain so bad that there is no priority basis.
3. How come the PDI process is not standard across dealers?

All customers look for is good communication in this electronic age and when a couier cab be tracked through a tracking system, why cannot a car be tracked from booking to delivery?

Can someone at Ford please respond?
Old 12th May 2010, 18:27   #734
BHPian

Decided to put my experience of booking a Fogo at Fortune Ford, Hyderabad.
Booked a white, petrol, LXI on Apr 7. I was told that the delivery would be in 3/4 weeks. I was also strictly told that PDI would not be allowed. But to this day the dealer cannot say when the car will be delivered.

1. Why is this practice of PDI not standard across Ford dealers?
2. How come cars booked at a later date are getting delivered but cars booked at a earlier date are not? I would expect the Supply Chain of Ford to match up to the market demand. Instead my dealer says that he has Figo available in other colors but not white. Why did he order other colors when I ordered for white. Or does Ford deliver Figos of random colors to the dealer?
3. When we can track a courier through a tracking system, why cant Ford track a car from booking to delivery?

After all in this electronic age, customers expect good communication.

I hope Ford responds to this.

PS - Has the car been sold at a premium by the dealer? Hmmm
Old 12th May 2010, 19:46   #735
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Decided to put my experience of booking a Fogo at Fortune Ford, Hyderabad.
Booked a white, petrol, LXI on Apr 7. I was told that the delivery would be in 3/4 weeks. I was also strictly told that PDI would not be allowed. But to this day the dealer cannot say when the car will be delivered.

1. Why is this practice of PDI not standard across Ford dealers?
2. How come cars booked at a later date are getting delivered but cars booked at a earlier date are not? I would expect the Supply Chain of Ford to match up to the market demand. Instead my dealer says that he has Figo available in other colors but not white. Why did he order other colors when I ordered for white. Or does Ford deliver Figos of random colors to the dealer?
3. When we can track a courier through a tracking system, why cant Ford track a car from booking to delivery?

After all in this electronic age, customers expect good communication.

I hope Ford responds to this.

PS - Has the car been sold at a premium by the dealer? Hmmm
Before Answering to all of your questions i wanted to ask one thing.

AFAIK I recall a post of yours that said that you have cancelled your figo booking... What was that about?

Please do correct me if i am wrong, I do get mixed up at times.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 12th May 2010 at 19:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks