Team-BHP - First Pics-2010 BS 4 alto
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   First Pics-2010 BS 4 alto (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/79422-first-pics-2010-bs-4-alto.html)

Presenting the "all new" alto BS-4 (as MSIL calls it).

Nice stickers. And nothing looks different here!

They still have retained the older AC controls and except for the console everything else looks the same.

So basically nothing much changes other than the engine-tune to comply to BS-IV.

@sidindica, did you TD the car ? How is it to drive w.r.t. to the previous engine model ?

Someone mentioned on another thread about a possible 20K price-hike for the BS-IV version ? Is that true ? If so, what is that for ? Because nothing much seems to have changed with the Alto.

i cant see anything new here.Is it the same old engine which has been made bs4 compliant now.What are the engine output specs?

Dude you are simply awesome! Scoop after scoop!clap:
Except for the BS4 change, nothing else has changed, save for those new emblems printed out from the neighborhood cyber!:D

By not using the 'K' series engine in the Alto,MSIL has made one thing clear- that it wants the car to remain at the basic 'A' segment market.
I guess the Cervo would be positioned above the Alto and not as an entry level car.

Aha brilliant scoop, as usual. Everything looks the same.

Speedo till 180, ROFL. Maruti is being so optimistic :P

Whats new about this except new instrument cluster?
what is F8D BTW ? i thought its gonna come with K-Series engine.

So Alto will be in production for another 5 years atleast.

I am sure they ll keep producing editions of 'All new' Swift for another 25 years and Wagon R for 15 years.
I think MUL can rename thier tag line as 'Never say Die' or something like that.

Thanks for the pics sidindica.

The Alto interiors look much worse now and don't tell me that they are going to increase the price for doing this c**p.

Thanks for the first pics Sid :)

The changes I can see

- Poor quality plastics on the center dash
- Removal of Audio console bracket
- Ashtray removed
- New Speedo assembly (From Eeco as per Sid)
- New Cheaper Stickers
- Cheap looks wheel rims

So there is ample evidence of cost cutting & I am sure there would be more areas which are not visible.

Looks pretty much like the old alto!
Does that engine look smaller? :eek: It looks like a bike engine.

Guys, is it just me or does the center console and the seat fabric look worse than the BS3 Alto? I suppose Maruti had to cut costs to compensate for the new engine as profitibality on the Alto must be fairly low.

EDIT: I see that it's not just me and others think the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Slow (Post 1834532)
Looks pretty much like the old alto!
Does that engine look smaller? :eek: It looks like a bike engine.

I though I was just me!!

The dash looks similar to that of Eeco. Is it the same?
So any price difference?? Or they managed to maintain the margins by replacing some stuff with the similar looking cheap one? :Frustrati
I wonder how much did they save by replacing chrome emblems with those stickers!!