Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
you know what??i think he would have forgotten how to change it from drive mode to parking mode or might not know how to go into reverse mode & finally let the car go
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Even if a cop did find it, would have maybe asked the driver- saar, can you take me for a round, that way can tell the kids at home, sat in a merc And then maybe when the guy would have dismounted to apprehend the driver from his door, the guy may have sped off again, just like we c in the movies
The question is, in this case if the driver just goes off to another small town, say even Kolar, puts a fake number plate and maybe repaints the ENTIRE car and drives around happily ever after?? Maybe on this, but guess none will bother about a stolen merc after a while, when they have so many missing people to find!

This is WAY , but yesterday I was watching a 'dumb acts' show on TV here in US, where a car thief tried to steal a car, but he could not drive manual transmission and got caught by the owner!!
Reverse thing might happen in India where still many people do not know how to drive (or should I say start) an AT car (thieves included) - as it only starts on P and N (and this includes some service center personnel!!)
Old 7th September 2010, 15:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

A similar incident happened a couple of days ago in Pune. A new Merc E-class (customer car) was stolen from B.U Bhandari, when it had come in for servicing (I guess!).

Apparently, they are also investigating a similar abandoned car found in GOA.
Old 8th September 2010, 10:36   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
A new Merc E-class (customer car) was stolen from B.U Bhandari, when it had come in for servicing
You mean, Bhandari used a customer car, that had come in to be serviced, for a test-drive? Well, serves them right. I hope the owner sues them for all they are worth and gets a new E-Class in exchange.

@ Ajmat, good to hear that the car you reported on has been recovered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks