Team-BHP - New E Class Stolen from Sundaram Motors
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New E Class Stolen from Sundaram Motors (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/79470-new-e-class-stolen-sundaram-motors.html)

Read in todays DNA that a brand new E Class was stolen from the showroom. Apparently, the car was sitting in the compound with the keys inside. Some joker walked in and drove off in an act of supreme confidence.

I doubt he will get far as:

1: Not many are around

2: It will need a service and the ECU will show up VIN no

unless it is smuggled out of the country

I am indeed surprised, but then it is apparently common practice a common practce to sell stolen cars in a nearby country.

:Shockked:
Who ever has done it would have already visited the showroom and interacted with the personnel prior to plotting it.

Dont they have round the clock security? Apart from the guard, I thought they were equipped with hi-tech theft alarm systems.

Or maybe he can just remove all that he can and leave the car bare bones. Got the joy of driving in a merc and can sell off the rest in seconds market!
Reminds of the movie "Oye Lucky", could be a guy who just gets a kick out of this;)

Well, the car can be sold any shady businessman/politician infar away for a fraction of the price and no body will question the buyer, ever. It can also be dismantled and sold in the spares market to fetch quite some money.

Just one word for this. WOW! :cool: some smart thief that one

Wow! The buggers got some confidence. My guess would be it will be found abandoned quite soon.

Dont think that car will get out of country...coz getting till the eastern borders wont be easy as it is stolen from bangalore, unless some big time gang is involved.If it is picked up by some small timer then probably he will sell it off to some other biggies in the trade who will arrange a transport to the border ( with proper fake documentation) or will just end up at spares market.
But i think will be recovered soon as its not easy to get rid of such a costly car.

Maybe it was a joyrider. he will abandon it (most likely sans batter and a few other things).

Its sad that these beauties will go to JC Road or shivajinagar as parts :Frustrati. Car theft is increasing day by day and very few cases found light.

Going by the plight of another member (toxicexpulsion), it might soon be found stalled by the roadside stupid:

Do you guys think that this person would just walk in and steal a Merc without a plan?

And how simple is driving out any vehicle outside a showroom? Even the small boys (MASS / TASS / HASS ) have gate pass and signing-out! So, how did this guys just "drive out"???

Insider job? Most probably!

Stupid person? Most probably not!

Anyway, would be interesting to know what happens next.

The security person is screwed bigtime!

They always check the cars in and out of the dealer premises right.

In TN at times, State Trans corp buses are taken away from the depots by some freaks for a joyride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1835428)
Insider job? Most probably!

Bet it is. I used to give car for service on the GM side of sundaram motors, which shares the other half to Merc. Cant take the car out with out delivery slip.

This is really bad, reminds me of the time when I lost my bike ( HH Splendor ) which got stolen from the showroom when I had given it for second service. If the thief is a small timer chances are he will sell it in shivajinagar to rip it apart and sell it part by part or sell it to some bigger thieves. I was wondering if Mercs have any kind of a kill switch to disable the machines like how they have abroad.