Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 18:32   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Another ad concept that I really liked.
Even though it hasn't been able to do anything to the sales of the vehicle but somehow I feel it is a very good ad.

+1 To that; I had not seen the ad before and it is indeed a nice execution(Leave the fact that whether the vehicle actually stands to the ad) portraying the real world.

No Wonder , Indian creative minds are the best; atleast in the AD world.
Old 14th April 2010, 20:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

The advertisement should be aimed at the target customers.

Some ads that work for me:

1. Little Sardar boy who says petrol khatam nahi hota - targeted at cost and FE concious customers (middle class).

2. Man checking both sides of road with telescope before crossing road - stupid ad, but correctly targeted at performance oriented young customers.

3. Pulsar mania advertisements - stupid ad, but again correctly targeted at the maniacs.

3. Reclaim your life advertisements for Tata Safari - targeted at people who like to go places.

4. Innova advertisements by Aamir Khan which shows different sides to one's personality - professional, family man etc.

5. You gotta be dumb advertisement of Indica XETA - targeted at young first time buyers.

6. Fiat Linea's I'm stuck at the sight of you advertisement - for those who value physical appearance.

Some ads that don't work for me:

1. Young guys and gals apparently partying in a Xylo - are party hopping young guys and gals the target customers for Xylo.

2. Something missing advertisement of Manza in which a Accord/Camry/Superb kind of customer is being shown chauffeured in Manza and even enjoying it. Again, target customer is grossly wrong.

3. Mahindra scooter advertisement - when you have real power, you don't need to show it. Man performing stunts on a gearless scooter.

4. SX4 duel with truck advertisement. No comments.

Rohan
Old 15th April 2010, 09:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

I would do +1 to those last 3 ads listed ^^.
Xylo ad is just a waste, highlighting nothing about the car, especially when they wanted to take on established biggie Toyota Innova.
And something is missing, - could be a ad for Benley or Merc S600.
SX4 - well, sort of makes you smile and just ok for a come back ad.
Old 15th April 2010, 10:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Eh, how come no one has mentioned "Chevrolet Brand" launch in India? I think that was one of the best ads to launch a brand. Also, I loved the jingle of the optra where a newley wed couple go to the riverside and sun the moon on Karvachauth night.

To me any ad that touches the emotional quotient is a hit; to name a few:
  1. Tata Sumo - Kuch log sumo chalate hain
  2. Safari Series
  3. Linea
  4. Figo
  5. Earlier ads of Punto
  6. Even the Bajaj Discover ads - "Ek litre mein Desh ko jaano"
  7. Bajan Avenger ads - I feel like God.
  8. Bajaj - Badal rahe hain hum yahan (I think this ad used to come around 2001-02 period featuring all models of Bajaj back then)
Some non Automobile related ads:
  1. Emirates Airlines - When was the last time you did something for the first time
  2. National Geographic ads
  3. Times of India ads - Specially, Ek aadmi desh ke liye kitna karta hai.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Would agree with the comments of Rohan iit.

I feel family oriented and mushy sugar syrupy ads work for every car starting from 3L cars all the way to 12L cars, like alto ads and Innova-Amir ads and the memorable 'more car per car' ad for Indica. Beyond that slight sophistication seems to work. eg - 7 series ad.

But whatever the ad, the car should walk the talk. else creates confusion. Like the Linea ad - the car was designed and made on a VFM platform while the ad was leaning towards the aspirational. Customers dont get it. At least i dont

Cheers
Praveen
Old 15th April 2010, 11:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

^^ Fully with you on Linea ad. You get fully swelled with the image that the ad creates and get completely deflated once you sit inside. Outside look alone can't sell and this is a clear example.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks