Old 22nd September 2010, 01:38   #61
BHPian

Some info diesel engine nano:

Tata Motors looking at expanding Nano brand to diesel - NDTV Profit
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:30   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
@ zaks - care to explain the 'blunders' and 'signs of senility'?And what 'ego issue' are you talking about? ego issue with whom?
I just find 1 glaring fault with nano - i.e placement of battery inside enclosed passenger cabin.
First and foremost trying to stick to a statement he made 10 years back that they are going to bring out a car with 1L budget. It is definitely not economically feasible to do that now.
Next the Land rover, jaguar acquisition when they were making a string of losses year after year.
Next the whole concept of Nano being a car for the masses, that gone for a toss with the rise in price of Nano and with prices ~= others.
The car is good as a concept but trying to keep decade old promises that

If it was an electric car at that price then I would commend them profusely but ..

Last edited by zaks : 23rd September 2010 at 10:32.
Old 13th October 2010, 18:56   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Mr.Ratan Tata in a recent interview with ACI confirmed that Tata motors is looking at a power steering option.

According to him they are also developing Diesel and Electric versions. In Fact the first firing of the Diesel engine was successful. The Nano Diesel will have a 2 cylinder engine.
In the same interview, he mentioned that they are working CVT (AT) transmission too. I'll be interested in that car if the OTR is around 2.5L with the currentl XL version (which ever having AC).
Old 13th October 2010, 19:57   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
If it was an electric car at that price then I would commend them profusely but ..
I sometimes get surprised looking at the language people use aganist nano. Could you please educate me how in the world do you expect a electric car to be priced below 2 lakhs in india?
Old 14th October 2010, 10:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Nano +

Going by the SUMO GRANDE MKII, I'm sure that TATA will get a NANO + into the market very soon.
  • They need a new NANO to wipe out the memories of NANO's catching fire. Even if they don't change a thing, it will play on the minds of the customers and get all those fence sitters into the showroom
  • The NANO was concieved as 'cheapest possible' but the brief has now changed to 'as practical as possible'
  • The NANO needs a bigger fuel tank with traditional openings instead of the bonnet
  • The NANO needs a tail gate
  • Power steering is also needed to get more of the fairer sex behind the wheel
  • Final point. SBI is offering a 25,000 downpayment and 2000 EMI option on the NANO, so even two-wheelers cannot beat it now

Last edited by TheARUN : 14th October 2010 at 10:10. Reason: Addition
Old 14th October 2010, 10:40   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Going by the SUMO GRANDE MKII, I'm sure that TATA will get a NANO + into the market very soon.
  • They need a new NANO to wipe out the memories of NANO's catching fire. Even if they don't change a thing, it will play on the minds of the customers and get all those fence sitters into the showroom
  • The NANO was concieved as 'cheapest possible' but the brief has now changed to 'as practical as possible'
  • The NANO needs a bigger fuel tank with traditional openings instead of the bonnet
  • The NANO needs a tail gate
  • Power steering is also needed to get more of the fairer sex behind the wheel
Just these small changes are enough to make the Nano a more complete and appealing product to the masses. Esp. the need to relocate the fuel filler and have a proper tail gate.
Old 14th October 2010, 12:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

Another safety equipment

The only thing that I do not like about the nano, is an absence of the LHS rear view mirror. There were days when I never used to use it. However, I now know, the importance of the same.

Apart from having asthetic value, it adds a safety element to the car. Even bikes now come with both mirrors!.

PS: However high I go up in the corporate ladder, I would certainly buy a nano someday, just to remind me of a fact that may be my kids may never realize - I am/was a "common man".
Old 15th October 2010, 22:51   #68
BHPian

My father recently and my wife 3 month back rejected Nano as they do not have a power steering.... 2 just in my family for nano if it had PS. they are still waiting

i have extensively driven nano. have a estilo. and a NHC, santro earlier but nothing beats nano in city only if it had PS and a At with diesel engine. i will shell 3.5L for it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks