Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 20:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

Mods, please move this post to proper thread if it's not right to post it here.

Mercedes Benz India has launched a stripped down version of its E-class saloon, the E-250 CDI Classic. The launch comes on the heels of the company unveiling its Executive Edition – another stripped down version – of the C-class a fortnight ago. The E-250 CDI Classic will retail at Rs 46.18 lakh, on-road Mumbai.
Since the Classic is slated to be the base diesel, a lot of features are given a miss. Unlike the higher trim variant, the Classic has no sliding sunroof, bi-Xenon headlamps, LED driving lamps and daytime running headlamps.
On the inside, the Classic gets Eucalyptus wood trim, grey colour interiors and traditional gear lever instead of gear selector stalk for its 5-speed auto ‘box. Like the Elegance, paddle shifters are also missing. It continues to be powered by a four-in line, 2143cc engine churning out 201bhp and 51kgm of torque. The tyres are 16 inch and come with a more somber looking 9 spoke alloy wheels.
These are small concessions to make as the Classic is 2.33lakh cheaper than the E250 CDI Elegance, making it a better value for money proposition.

Source : :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 13th May 2010, 20:08   #62
Senior - BHPian

Daimler to bring in affordable range to India.
Daimler to develop Small SUV (read X1 beater) in competition with BMW.

Source : Bloomberg UTV Channel
Old 13th May 2010, 22:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

The Small SUV being spoken about could be the GLK which is already on sale and should compete with X3/Q5 or the upcoming mini SUV based on the next gen A/B Class platform.
Old 27th May 2011, 18:55   #64
BHPian

Re: Is Mercedes going the Corporate way too (C Class for 24 lakhs)?

is there a similar sheet for the mercedes executive by any chance? the website does give some information as to the differences between the Executive and the Avantgarde ones, but I would really like to see a detailed spec sheet with differences mentioned alongside. that would make it a muc simpler process to decided whether to go for the 320d CE or the Merc C-Class 220 CDI Executive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehangir View Post
Hey,

Here's an e-mail Metro-Motors sent me upon request. Its pretty much covered by you guys.
*note the replaced features*

Test drove both BMW (CE) and Mercedes (EE)
For me personally the BMW CE feels significantly better, in my opinion more VFM, also as you press down the pedal it gives you that dirty smile on the face (priceless).
The Benz is good in its own wright but the thought of owning a stripped down Mercedes inside & out -just doesn't cut the mustard.

Its great news both BMW & Mercedes are offering scaled down versions for some of us who just cant reach that 31+L prices level.

Perhaps a slight comparison?
(Included the BMW-CE Specification sheet below)

My apologies if this has gone of the original topic.

Cheers
`JK
Old 26th September 2011, 17:55   #65

Re: Is Mercedes going the Corporate way too (C Class for 24 lakhs)?

Hi rowhan,
Not sure if this information is useful to you right now. I got these details from the C Class booklet when I testdrove C220 CDI (Preface lift Executive Edition) last week.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Is Mercedes going the Corporate way too (C Class for 24 lakhs)?-c_comparison_specs.jpg  

Is Mercedes going the Corporate way too (C Class for 24 lakhs)?-c_features_comparison.jpg  

BabySchumi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks