Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 14:55   #151
BHPian

Re: Mahindra goes solo with the Logan. Renault exits Mahindra-Renault JV

Verito under 4m length should be a good choice and starts a new segment (something like Indigo CS). It reminds me of the good old Esteem in terms of value and simple looks. It is other matter that many cab owners love this vehicle, but that should not deter Mahindra from selling this vehicle as a family car. Clever thing would be to offer Verito in white color for cab segments and all other colors could be for the personal cars. Given a choice, I would love to have a Verito over Dzire.

M&M has created a new website, www.mahindraverito.com which is yet to be launched. Checked who.is server details and the website is registered by M&M on Dec 15, 2010. So the name Verito must have been finalized sometime in Nov- Dec 2010.
gkoneti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 15:25   #152
BHPian

With Verito- M&M carries its naming pattern - ending with 'O'- Scorpio, Xylo, Bolero etc. The space inside Logan is tremendous and any day a great budget car specially if one hires a driver. Experienced a Logan Taxi recently and then realised how large it is for the back seat passengers. Impressed. If ever, I buy a car which would be driven by a hired driver, now I know which car would I probably buy in low budget.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:34   #153
Senior - BHPian

Re: Logan renamed Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Good to see a change of name. Btw, Logan seems to be a pretty reliable car. Last week I was in an airport cab which had run some 3,80,000 kms and stills feels very smooth with good torque. Checked with the driver and he says he has been driving that car all along and it never had any technical issues other than regular replacements of filters, tyres, and electricals.
380,000 ??? Are you serious? Not joking?

I guess for entry level sedan its too much. If its true, then its a really cool car for forever. Normal family man uses car 10-15K per year. So it will last 20-25 years. Thats really cool. Some Indian people do love long lasting VFM products. Thats why you can still see people driving Premier Padmini & Ambys for ages ...
Old 25th April 2011, 16:08   #154
Senior - BHPian

Not being sceptical, I do not know if we were to feel happy that M&M has gone solo with Logan. Logan so far as I heard from various owners is a great product. Now with Logan becoming Verito- I only hope the M&M Quality does not kick in and kicks out the VFM proposition of a great product.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 16:36   #155
Senior - BHPian

Disappointing to see that Verito is just a rebadged and shortened Logan with minimal stylistic changes. This was an excellent opportunity to make more substantive changes to the car, utilising M&M's in-house designers.

Isn't the name too similar to Vento, especially when written?
Old 25th April 2011, 17:33   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Last week I was in an airport cab which had run some 3,80,000 kms and stills feels very smooth with good torque. Checked with the driver and he says he has been driving that car all along and it never had any technical issues other than regular replacements of filters, tyres, and electricals.
Was this in Bangalore by any chance?
I was in Bangalore a year ago and used an Easy Cab from the Airport. The Logan seemed as good as new, there was zilch sound in the cabin and to my surprise the car had done almost 1.5L kms. Now 3.8L just takes my respect for the Logan to another level.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 18:00   #157
BHPian

If the durability / endurance of the engine & car is so good- it only reinforces my decision to buy a Logan for a chauffeur driven car on budget. No wonder more practical than me my better half has been pitching for it each time, I discuss a new car. Just wondering how would she know that its such a good buy.
Old 25th April 2011, 18:05   #158
BHPian

Logan seems to be clocking a lot and still it gives the feeling of very good car. Yesterday I had taken an Easycab in Bangalore. When I noticed 195995, I asked the driver whether it has actually been driven for that much distance. He said "YES".

I was thinking what a PJ car I have (SX4). Being honest here.
Old 25th April 2011, 20:25   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Was this in Bangalore by any chance?
I was in Bangalore a year ago and used an Easy Cab from the Airport. The Logan seemed as good as new, there was zilch sound in the cabin and to my surprise the car had done almost 1.5L kms. Now 3.8L just takes my respect for the Logan to another level.
Chances are it is the same cab, I took an easycab Logan in B'lore! The odo was 2L, the car was squeaky clean, with no rattles whatsoever. Must admit, it was better maintained than my own logan

Also, huge numbers on the odo on the Logan are only unheard here in India. Dacia is running a facebook contest where the owner with the highest mileage will be the winner!

Here are two entries by competitors (pic courtesy: Dacia | Facebook) :
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra goes solo with the Logan. Renault exits Mahindra-Renault JV-216225_10150189557674743_273737584742_6501998_6594916_n.jpg  

Mahindra goes solo with the Logan. Renault exits Mahindra-Renault JV-218128_10150188136399743_273737584742_6489514_8139642_n.jpg  

ashutoshb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 22:53   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
380,000 ??? Are you serious? Not joking?

I guess for entry level sedan its too much. If its true, then its a really cool car for forever. Normal family man uses car 10-15K per year. So it will last 20-25 years. Thats really cool. Some Indian people do love long lasting VFM products. Thats why you can still see people driving Premier Padmini & Ambys for ages ...
Shouldn't be a joke. In BLR, I have travelled on Logan cabs many times with 150k to 200+k on the ODO. Usually, they are running fine bar one or two which have some issues like suspension noise or wobbly ride.
Last time I was in a cab with 330k, which had a transmission whine but was otherwise in reasonable state. Logan is a hard-wearing car.
One issue is the GC though over mountain speed breakers.
Old 2nd May 2011, 20:21   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Chances are it is the same cab, I took an easycab Logan in B'lore! The odo was 2L, the car was squeaky clean, with no rattles whatsoever. Must admit, it was better maintained than my own logan
The reference to my trip dates back to last week of January 2010.
Also, the cab you must have hired would have been from Easy Cab. Their cars are mostly more 'well kept' than competitors since the chap you see at the wheel is also the owner the the vehicle.
A complete contrast to that scenario was the ride back to the airport the evening I was getting back. I sat myself in a Tata Indigo done barely 14,xxx kms and it had creaking sounds coming from just about everywhere. The build quality of the Indigo was definitely of a few shades below the Logan and the driver also later mentioned that the car was leased out on a weekly basis and did not belong to him.

manson.
Old 8th March 2012, 12:18   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Hopefully mahindra will take quick and aggressive deicisions and make the car better looking ..
i believe mahindra is incapable of making any car look good. they have taken a boxy 70 is looking vehicle and turned it worse by 'sidey' side cladding, long horn ' beef' rear aplique deatil, roof rail ( in a sedan , no less ... )
thank heaven for small mercies that they didnt introduce the 'walrus tooth inspired' front nose.
And also they resisted the tendency to add various trapezoidal , triangular, curvaceous shapes which they paste on to the inner box to make their vehicles 'aspirational'.
I have a logan. after looking at veritos my car has started looking more decent. thank you mahindra for this kindness.
Old 8th March 2012, 12:49   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
thank heaven for small mercies that they didnt introduce the 'walrus tooth inspired' front nose....
Expect it in near next face lift.
They even changed the better looking Tourister buses to worst after giving their signature front grill.
Old 30th April 2012, 15:15   #164
Senior - BHPian

And now there is a facelift of the Verito (courtesy ACI):

SCOOP! Mahindra Verito facelift spied - News - Autocar India

It appears that the Number Plate goes to the boot instead of the rear bumper & there could be bit better looking front end too .

Most Viewed