Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 08:25   #91
Senior - BHPian

I do hope M&M doesn't put on the Mahindra Grill, as shown in picture above by Neur0t0xin. That would be scary.
Old 27th April 2010, 11:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Or start a new Joint venture with some one else (There are many especially chinese waiting to enter India, worlds biggest market for small cars) using the plant as collateral. Whom all are Mahindra talking to?
I read that Mahindras are interest in buying SAIC stake in South Korean SUV manufacturer SsangYong Motor Company (SMC). Here is the link:
Mahindra looks to buy Korean auto company
Could mean using their strengths for India & elsewhere (greater possibility).
Old 27th April 2010, 12:34   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I read that Mahindras are interest in buying SAIC stake in South Korean SUV manufacturer SsangYong Motor Company (SMC). Here is the link:
Mahindra looks to buy Korean auto company
Could mean using their strengths for India & elsewhere (greater possibility).
Unless they really get a great deal, I am not sure whether it is a good idea.
OT: Ssangyong cars are bigger styling disasters than the ones Mahindra launched recently. (I really liked the Bolero's earlier version, same with the Scorpio, the less said about the Xylo, the better).
Old 27th April 2010, 12:46   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
OT: Ssangyong cars are bigger styling disasters than the ones Mahindra launched recently. (I really liked the Bolero's earlier version, same with the Scorpio, the less said about the Xylo, the better).
It the deal goes by, it would be like Bharat-Milap or siblings lost in Kumbh meeting after long.
Old 27th April 2010, 14:55   #95
BHPian

Due to all the developments I am pretty confused about LOGAN's future, whether good or bad. I am developing a strong urge to sell it off but the current resale value is too low and the future value depends fully on Mahindra.

What do you suggest.?
Old 27th April 2010, 17:18   #96
Senior - BHPian

^^ keep it. Currently Logan's value is like BSE; Volatile! Think of the long term and keep it. We still see Peugeot's that are running around the city. Loan is still in production and Mahindra has committed itself to produce it. If they had to kill it, they would done so already citing losses.
Old 28th April 2010, 00:35   #97
BHPian

A good move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post

This is a very good idea, I feel. S'yong and Mahindra are similar in many aspects. Both specialize in UVs/SUVs. As an added benefit, the Koreans have the Merc. tech in their kitty. You remember, it was reported that the AXE was gonna source its powerplant from Ssangyong. Shrewd thinking on the part of M&M, I dare say, if what has been reported is true.
Old 28th April 2010, 00:45   #98
Senior - BHPian

Both have one thing in common,Ugly Grilles!
Old 28th April 2010, 01:41   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINUMON View Post
This is a very good idea, I feel. S'yong and Mahindra are similar in many aspects. Both specialize in UVs/SUVs. As an added benefit, the Koreans have the Merc. tech in their kitty. You remember, it was reported that the AXE was gonna source its powerplant from Ssangyong. Shrewd thinking on the part of M&M, I dare say, if what has been reported is true.
That's a good point. However, Ssangyong had Merc tech a while back (not sure if they still have it though), and to me it seemed that the gains in terms of product knowledge wouldn't really be that much. Mahindra already have a decent UV in their range that they can improve and turn into a vehicle worthy of international sale.

I would still say, that unless the price is a real bargain, there is nothing much to gain (unlike the Tata's purchase of Jaguar and Land Rover) for M&M.

Interesting point about the Axe, thanks for sharing it, I was unaware of this.
Old 28th April 2010, 02:25   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
Due to all the developments I am pretty confused about LOGAN's future, whether good or bad. I am developing a strong urge to sell it off but the current resale value is too low and the future value depends fully on Mahindra.

What do you suggest.?
don't sell it now. wait for the new logan to come out. if it sells well, we might get a better deal.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:34   #101
BHPian

Yeahh.. Hope the new logan does some positive business.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

ET report quotes M&M that the shorter, new-look Logan will be launched within 18 months.

Source: New Logan variant coming in 18 months-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 28th June 2010, 15:02   #103
Senior - BHPian

Noticed Logan being advertised again, with the punch line of it being very fuel efficient and the spacing inside offered.

Mahindra has got a good deal here.
Old 28th June 2010, 15:10   #104
Senior - BHPian

Whatever it is I guess first thing they have to concentrate is on getting the grill modded and make it a decent looking one. I hate the grills of logan.

I guess that is the worst grill possible, even worse than the new entrant in the section of worst grill the Verna.

Other than that its a pretty good car, and would make a specious hatch.
Old 28th June 2010, 22:47   #105
Senior - BHPian

According a news article a new logan variant is going to be launched in 18 months,most probably the CS version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks