Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 21:26   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Thank god they didn't say you'll be able to start off in 5th gear directly!!

I was wondering, whom are they trying to cheat? Will an average educated car owner fall for this? I don't think so.
As P T Barnum once said"There is a sucker born every minute"
Old 19th April 2010, 21:50   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
He meant...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
@SS: Its a refund of the dealership money only. The unit will be given free for a trial and if not satisfied, on returning the product the money will be refunded (dealership fee). Hope that clears everything
@Ripper: It IS a scam, isn't it? There has to be a gap between what the guy at the other end of the phone said, and what you understood.

You're missing the smileys...
Old 19th April 2010, 23:14   #33
BHPian

I have been receiving sms from this company since last 3 days with dealership options. Isnt there police in this world anymore. How can someone be doing this so openly. real surprise

Last edited by FastLove : 19th April 2010 at 23:16.
Old 20th April 2010, 08:47   #34
BHPian

We should have a dedicated thread to discuss all SCAMs. can the mods rename this to all SCAMs discussion or something
Old 20th April 2010, 10:26   #35
BHPian

ah ha! some of my senior already here...

I got a couple of messages from them to be a dealer over the week-end and I knew it was a scam from the first word. Checked their website now to see what product it actually is and then googled for it - here I come, straight into this thread

Utter crap. Please be aware.
Old 21st April 2010, 00:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoKris View Post
Utter crap. Please be aware.
I guess readers of this website will already be aware. Whoever heard of performance improvements by bolting on a kit to the catalytic converter, when the whole world is trying to do it by removing the catcon, i.e. via the FFE route.
Old 21st April 2010, 01:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Isnt there any way we can report this scam to any governing body that can take suitable action here? Hell, we can atleast save some investor's sweat earned money...
Old 21st April 2010, 16:20   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Isnt there any way we can report this scam to any governing body that can take suitable action here? Hell, we can atleast save some investor's sweat earned money...
We could. But to lodge a complaint, we'd need someone to invest, and then lose that money. Any volunteers? Anyone who reads this thread wouldn't in their right minds (currently the first google match for search term Oxyplus Dorf Katel).
Old 21st April 2010, 16:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
currently the first google match for search term Oxyplus Dorf Katel.
This is really funny!! The SCAM link comes first and then the actual product website! Someone must be really dumb enough to click on the product website with an intention to buy it.

I am sure those Oxyplus folks are reading this thread.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:39   #40
BANNED

Ok guys I have the popcorn. Dig in. This going to be fun
Old 17th May 2010, 11:45   #41
BHPian

Alright, got a new thread to put in my favourites and watch out. Bring it on!!!

Hmm...the web site reeks of 'scam' all over.

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2010 at 18:49. Reason: Editing all posts talking of legalese
Old 17th May 2010, 12:03   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Digital MAster: IF your co. would like to sponsor an event, including reimbursement of transport and accommodation, where a group of senior members (especially those with technical knowledge) on this forum from across the country can assess, experience and judge for themselves how good your product is, I shall be more than willing to join such a group and give my honest opinion on your product.

I am sure the administrator/moderators of Team-BHP can select such a group if you politely request them to.

Just FYI, Team-BHP is regularly invited by numerous auto manufacturers to test their products, and the opinions put forward on this forum are held in high regard by both such manufacturers as well as members of the public who access the forum and read those reports.

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2010 at 18:47. Reason: Note coming up
Old 17th May 2010, 12:08   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Digital Master,

You are obviously affiliated / representing OxyPlus. I have some questions for you, and would highly appreciate replies (with relevant proof wherever possible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital MAster View Post
having an outstanding technology to share & experience practically
Please explain in detail how this technology is outstanding. What is different about it, and how exactly does it work?

Quote:
as we were given the responsibilities of conducting the Test right From R & D to imp technical persons who knows & understands about Autmotive technology
Do you have a test center? Pictures please. Where was the R&D done? What are the qualifications (including educational) & experience (including from the auto industry) of your R&D team? Who are these "imp technical persons"?

Quote:
More than 50 vehicles of different models were tested & experienced this unique technology to share from Dec 2006 till date & its going on . During the course of 1 & half month we have also fitted 50+ vehicles
Which cars?

Where are the test results? Have they been audited by an external (third party) recognised agency? You need to understand that you are making tall claims here. And the only way to convince us is via genuine test reports.

Quote:
,we have got test reports where we increased milage more than 100% & pollution reduced from 7.9 in petrol engines to 0.15.
Again, test reports certified by an external agency are the only way to go here.

Has this device been tested by the ARAI? What are their findings? As you would understand, the ARAI is the premier Indian testing agency and they are in-charge of evaluating all vehicles, right from the Maruti 800 to the Mercedes S Class. I'm pretty sure they have the infrastructure, education, experience and technical knowhow to evaluate your device.

Quote:
If anybody is having any further enquiry please dont hesitate to send us mail
Please refer to our rules. Marketing of any products is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP and can result in your account getting permanently banned. We would much appreciate your adhering by our policies.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

And to add to GTO's note, "no threats or offensive language on TBHP please".

You have all rights to sell your product outside as you want! You cannot force us on TBHP, rather convince us with your detailed, published, proven reports with EVIDENCE! Period!!
Old 17th May 2010, 12:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Why don't the company send one free equipment to the whole of TBHP? That should validate it and should increase their sales immensely.
Can it be done? Degital (Digital) Master?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks